PDA

View Full Version : Genetic stock

Psylette
7th Jan 2006, 5:48 AM
When you download genetics, like hair, is it put in the genetic stock so that when sims have kids it is an option...or can it only be used when you make a sim yourself?

professional loser
7th Jan 2006, 7:45 AM
I think that unless it is categorised in the right colour bins, it won't show up for sim kids - unless the parent was made in CAS with custom hair in which case it's likely they will inherit that hair.

tiggerypum
7th Jan 2006, 10:21 AM
If you change a sims hair after birth, it isn't genetic.

If you make the sim in CAS the hair *COLOR* is genetic, if you use one from the standard blonde, red, brown, black bins. (that includes custom hair that shows up in those bins).

Due to uncreative Maxis programming all your little boys will be born with one hairstyle, all the girls with another - and they'll get the haircolor genetically appropriate to their parents.

If you make a CAS sim with custom hair to start with, that hair is genetically dominant over other hair colors and all kids *of the same sex as that sim* will get the same hair (including style) of that sim.

Depending on what you want, you might want to make your CAS sim with a normal hairstyle and then change it in game, if you'd rather they have a standard genetic haircolor. Or you might want the entire family to have purple hair, at which point you need to give both the man and woman in CAS a purple hairstyle - all the boys will look like dad, all the girls like mom.

Psylette
7th Jan 2006, 5:56 PM
now I get to feel really stupid...what is CAS?

amberfaye
7th Jan 2006, 6:05 PM
create a sim...also known as CAf- create a family. Its where you start frsh to make sims familys.

Psylette
7th Jan 2006, 6:19 PM
ah....so basically any family I start where on of the parents has coustom genetics the kids, at least of the same sex, are always going to have the same coustom genetics?

jaxad0127
7th Jan 2006, 10:58 PM
Yes. This applies to skins, hair, eyes, etc.