PDA

View Full Version : I can't even PLAY sims 2 Nightlife!!!

soapies
7th Feb 2006, 2:19 AM
Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a Directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapter abd the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. This application will now terminate.

-I want to start by saying all of my drivers are updated, my directx and my geforce are both updated. I have a Directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapter as I have played both sims and sims university before.. This is the first time I've gotten this problem. I just bought the game. I just want it to work. Help?

simsample
7th Feb 2006, 2:21 AM
Which NVidia graphics card do you have?

soapies
7th Feb 2006, 2:25 AM
Don't laugh, lol. GeForce 2 GTS/GeForce 2 Pro

soapies
7th Feb 2006, 2:50 AM
I really want this to work before bedtime.. lol...

simsample
7th Feb 2006, 3:30 AM
Well, that card is on the EA list, so there should be no problem there. When you say you played the game before and you just bought it today, do you mean that you installed it today, too? Or did you use the new disc with an old install? I'm just thinking that something may have changed on your PC, and that re-installing may help if you initially installed a while ago.

soapies
7th Feb 2006, 4:29 AM
I just bought the Nightlife expansion today - but it was used if this means anything? I just swiped everything off of my computer and reinstalled and I'm still getting the same error message. Would I be better off if I bought new? It's only eight dollars more.

jaxad0127
7th Feb 2006, 4:33 AM
Try upgradeing your graphics drivers. It sounds like you reinstalled Windows and that may have put pre-9c drives on.

soapies
7th Feb 2006, 4:37 AM
I didn't reinstall windows though, lol, I have windows 2000 if this helps too? And I did update everything.. over and over again... Sigh, I feel so helpless.

*When I said swiped I meant I did a clean uninstallation of all of my sims games, lol sorry that wasn't clear at all.

soapies
7th Feb 2006, 4:42 AM
I'm sorry if I'm not clear. I'm tired, cranky, I still have french homework I have to do and it's almost midnight. Sigh. If only Sims wasn't worth all of this trouble.

soapies
7th Feb 2006, 4:51 AM
Minor problem. I don't have Directx 9.0 "C" ugh. Not capatible. Such small issues. I need a new graphic card. I'm cheap! I bought a used game to save eight dollars.. A few houndred dollars? I'm dead. :(

jaxad0127
7th Feb 2006, 4:58 AM
the first disc of the game and each ep shoudl have a dx9c installer on it.

soapies
7th Feb 2006, 5:03 AM
Ohh, I will look! You may have just saved my life.

soapies
7th Feb 2006, 8:42 PM
Alright. The problem: My video card is crappy and wont run Directx 9.0"C". Sims lists "GeForce 2" but they mean GeForce 2 "MX" not "Pro" like what I have.

Solution: Do some extra chores around the house and beg my dad to buy me a video card. I can afford a 5200 for 70 dollars, but thats it. Wonder if Radeon would be better.

Anywho, thanks for the help.

simsample
7th Feb 2006, 10:14 PM
Try this thread:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=112777
You may get some idea of which cards would be best... I myself am using a very ancient FX5200 which I rescued from an old computer someone gave me when I built them a new one... it is the 256Mb version, and it works very well for me, although I had to alter the config files in game to allow bumpmapping and pixel shading.