PDA

View Full Version : The future of Pleasantview....changed?

Nyami
1st Jun 2009, 3:38 AM
I'm really looking forward to TS3, I have it preordered and I'm most likely getting it on Tuesday. But something is bothering me.

Since the Goths live in Sunset Valley, and Don Lothario live in Riverview, how is everyone going to meet? If Cassandra is born (if she even is, another thing that's kind of weird) how will she hook up with Don if he's living in another neighborhood? Also where is Bob Newbie? Without him Brandi cannot be born.

It seems a few characters are missing as well. Since Darren is in the game but unborn, where is Darleen? And where are the Pleasants?

I hope I didn't get any facts wrong, but what I'm basically saying is, is the story of TS2 (or even TS1's) going to be thrown out after TS3 is out? Is the canon Pleasantview's future going to be different now?

Shikonah
1st Jun 2009, 4:29 AM
lol well, I highly doubt any of the cannon is really that important between games, but I see your point.

This is more like a prequel, and the fact that we're playing in it makes the whole thing discontinued anyway. So it's not meant at all to be any kind of story we're following, just something interesting for us to snoop around in, instead. To see the adults as kids, and their parents and whatnot.

JeNNacide
1st Jun 2009, 5:28 AM
So the characters we all know are a bit more like Easter Eggs than actual storyline plot developers? Not that it worries me seeing as I never really played them anyway. But I'm sure people could remake the characters they love and let them live out the story like they wanted it to anyway

Nyami
1st Jun 2009, 7:13 AM
So the characters we all know are a bit more like Easter Eggs than actual storyline plot developers? Not that it worries me seeing as I never really played them anyway. But I'm sure people could remake the characters they love and let them live out the story like they wanted it to anyway

This is what I was probably going to do anyways, but I'm finding it a little annoying. I would have preferred a prequel or sequel. Oh well ._.

Axe Gaijin
1st Jun 2009, 10:09 AM
Basically it's a what if, and you're in control, if you want Mortimer and Bella to end up together you can do so by playing those families, but don't expect the game to automatically pair them up. ;)

DevilsAdvocate
1st Jun 2009, 10:26 AM
Basically it's a what if, and you're in control, if you want Mortimer and Bella to end up together you can do so by playing those families, but don't expect the game to automatically pair them up. ;)
True. But I'm worried that killing mortimer or bella, or preventing them from getting together would cause some sort of time paradox, and the entire town would be sucked into a black hole. Then the game would crash and my pc would explode.

Sidheed
1st Jun 2009, 10:29 AM
Well if we hear nothing further from you we will know us what has happened! lol.

I usually do not intentional kill actual families from the game, but that will be difficult now. Oh well bring on the maids!!!!

Asuka123
1st Jun 2009, 12:27 PM
True. But I'm worried that killing mortimer or bella, or preventing them from getting together would cause some sort of time paradox, and the entire town would be sucked into a black hole. Then the game would crash and my pc would explode.
And then the Sims 2 would never happen since Cassie and co would never be born, and we would be stuck in some kind of time loop since we would be playing a game that wouldn't even exist. :blink:

I'm wondering about unborn kids in the game. On the sims wiki (which I don't know if is reliable, only discovered it recently while googling at work) they assume that, for example, if Herb and Coral Oldie decide to adopt kids, the first adopted kid will be Mary-Sue. But, do they mean in terms of genetics? Can the game be programmed to do that? On such a short term level, why not, but then I doubt that grandkids (Mary-Sue and Daniel's for exemple) will turn out to be the Sims we know.

Srikandi
1st Jun 2009, 12:36 PM
On the sims wiki (which I don't know if is reliable, only discovered it recently while googling at work) they assume that, for example, if Herb and Coral Oldie decide to adopt kids, the first adopted kid will be Mary-Sue. But, do they mean in terms of genetics? Can the game be programmed to do that? On such a short term level, why not, but then I doubt that grandkids (Mary-Sue and Daniel's for exemple) will turn out to be the Sims we know.

The game COULD be programmed to do that, sure, but it isn't. Apparently the TS2 prelude sims are just like any other townies.

And much of the info on that wikia wiki has no relationship to reality whatsoever, according to folks who have played.

As for the temporal paradox, considering that the Sims 2 was nothing but one huge paradox, with people older than their grandparents and what not, I don't think a lil case of different outcomes in Sims 3 families is gonna disturb the Pleasantview residents much ;)

Asuka123
1st Jun 2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the information. Oh, well, maybe this way it will get rid of the annoying Lilith nose that would live through generations.
And that's one thing I actually will like about the Sims 3, not having to age family members just to give the game a tiny taste of reality. I like that parents will grow old and die on their own.

Astrognash
2nd Jun 2009, 12:08 AM
Yes, this is why I love the everyone ages together thing. The "I can call my grandma a sweet young thing without lying" paradox is gone.

Mrs. Crumplebottom
2nd Jun 2009, 12:20 AM
I just want Alexander Goth and the Newbies for the tutorial. That's all.

Sidheed
2nd Jun 2009, 12:36 AM
Quick everyone hide, she will get us with her bag **runs from Mrs Crumplebottom screaming**