PDA

View Full Version : Does TS3 neighborhood gives us a hint of how a "Simcity 5" would be?

barttool
25th Jun 2009, 1:25 AM
i'm just saying, if you could edit the neighborhoods in TS3 which might be possible any time soon, it would be like playing a minimized version of simcity.

imagine, you can terraform the land and place buildings whereever you want. what's left? putting zones and controlling budget and stuff, between a bunch of other stuffs.

i think it's pretty logical that a future release of simcity (if there is one) would be in someway "Similar" to the sims 3 neighborhoods.

:rolleyes:

MondayMorning
25th Jun 2009, 1:31 AM
I kind of thought they would have gone off of SimCity Societies (as far as terrain goes) because we made our old TS2 neighborhood out of SC4, and it would be neat to import a neighborhood and play with that. I even looked at the neighborhood extentions in TS3, and they are .world, whereas the SCS is just that-- .SCS. :(

Sid Nitzerglobin
25th Jun 2009, 2:04 AM
I'm currently of the opinion that Societies killed the SimCity franchise.

Talk about an unplayable steaming pile... Sims 3 is game of the decade material in comparison by my estimation.

SoCalSimz
25th Jun 2009, 2:56 AM
I'm currently of the opinion that Societies killed the SimCity franchise.

I have heard this time and time again, and decided not to buy it based on all of the negative hype. However, I am growing more curious as to why or what about Societies would have the power to kill such a strong lineage.

alyria80
25th Jun 2009, 3:09 AM
I have heard this time and time again, and decided not to buy it based on all of the negative hype. However, I am growing more curious as to why or what about Societies would have the power to kill such a strong lineage.

Imagine a game where you place buildings.

No, that's it. That's the entire game. Why are you still reading. No they didn't add a reason to place the buildings, and no you can't place the "wrong" buildings, there's no such thing as a "bad" design not to mention none of the buildings do much of anything anyway, but if you place a lot of one type the color of your UI changes. WOOT!

Playing SimSocieties is much akin to playing chess without the rules. Like if someone handed you a nice wooden board and some pretty pieces and you got to move them around any way you wanted. If you were a toddler, this might be entertaining. For an adult you make it about 20 minutes before you ask yourself "why am I doing this?"

barttool
25th Jun 2009, 5:03 AM
yep, that's right. but i'm talking about a "real" simcity. i mean, when Cities XL comes out, if it has success (which probably will, its only obstacle would be the distribution of it), EA won't just sit down and see how he losses his players, they will inmediatly develop a new simcity, and simcity societies will be reminded as unsignificant clutter in simcity's franchise. simcity won't die that easily. i'm sure. proof of it it's simcity creator, which was released for wii after simcity societies, though it wasn't a success it shows that EA hasn't dropped the franchise.

at the end, i blame spore and will wright, who has completly forgot about his old games ¬¬

CrazyAce
25th Jun 2009, 5:55 AM
You know what’s sad is that I still play and download mods for Sim City 4, its gotten rather fascinating... Thank GOD for the moding community... Most games would have died off loooong ago.

aeval99
25th Jun 2009, 6:27 PM
Am I the only person who actually liked Societies? ;)