PDA

View Full Version : Throw A great Wedding Party

Hyleath5560
2nd Sep 2009, 8:47 PM
I couldnt get them all to stand and watch the wedding. Then I didn't know how to entertain them. I tried dancing with everyone but they wouldn't dance with each other. How do you throw a great party?

stariscool
2nd Sep 2009, 9:50 PM
I find that the fussball (?) table goes down a treat, invite sims over to play and they'll be there till dawn. You could also possibly set up a large table and call the guests to a meal you've prepared, I don't think the option is available for the buffet table and I find nobody really goes for the food by themselves.

Of course, you could just spend some lifetime reward points and get the perfect host reward, if that's what it's named, which gives any parties that sim throws a perfect rating, no matter what actually happens. Supposedly, I haven't tested that much, but two parties went down really well with guests calling it "epic" so I'd assume it works :)

Hyleath5560
2nd Sep 2009, 10:15 PM
thanks I am going to give that a shot!!!

simbalena
3rd Sep 2009, 2:03 AM
Even if they just stand around doing nothing they usually have a good time!

They seem to like listening to someone playing the guitar.

Deestar
3rd Sep 2009, 3:01 AM
Take 5000 Lifetime Reward Points and get the Legendary Host Award for both members of the couple. Bring with you a guitar, and a radio to whatever lot you hold the wedding at- make sure you go in from Edit Town before hand and add enough seating for the number of people you have invited- take into account that there are always 2-4 party crashers and that anybody on the residential or community lot that you hold that Wedding Party on will attend the Wedding even if not invited. Enough seating is especially important if you are inviting Elders or Pregnant Sims as they will tire and grow uncomfortable more quickly than other Sims.

Also with Elders if they are not family try not to invite them if you get the " So and So is not going to live forever. Maybe you should visit them" notice- cause inevitably what happens is that they die at your party and anyone who is friends with them that also attends will end up with a negative moodlet for Loss of Friend that affects the overall success of the party.

lovethemsims
3rd Sep 2009, 3:27 AM
Great ideas! I, too have been wondering how to throw a great party outside the home. Thanks for all the info!

baybehh
5th Sep 2009, 4:53 AM
K stupid question... How do i get engaged/married in TS3 (i havent been playing very long) So yeah... I want to marrie my baby daddy!!

BL00DIEDHELL
5th Sep 2009, 7:06 AM
Also with Elders if they are not family try not to invite them if you get the " So and So is not going to live forever. Maybe you should visit them" notice- cause inevitably what happens is that they die at your party and anyone who is friends with them that also attends will end up with a negative moodlet for Loss of Friend that affects the overall success of the party.

Is it bad that I laughed at that? :x

But on topic, I just had to natter my guests' ears off until they were happy >_>

baybehh
5th Sep 2009, 10:50 PM
Nevermind! Im waitng for throw my wedding party! i hope it goes well.

Maffers87
6th Sep 2009, 9:53 PM
I always have music playing at my parties. That seems to help since they get that "music" icon thingy. And just go around telling good jokes and chatting with everyone. A nice TV helps too.

little bee
6th Sep 2009, 10:42 PM
I tried and I fell many times until I purchased lifetime rewards of Legendary host.
Problem solved even I starved my guests to death due to my forgetting to bring any food. LOL!