PDA

View Full Version : Black Ground & Crashing Randomly

a_az13_a
4th Apr 2010, 11:00 AM
Okay, so I recently installed Sims 2 on my mum's new laptop, (Windows 7) and so far have had one minor, and one major problem.

The minor one is that when I am in gameplay mode, the ground surrounding the lot will turn black, but not the road or the actual lot space. However, if I leave it unfixed for long enough the lot will sometimes turn black too. The way I have found to fix this temporarily is that I have to turn on the video camera and press any one of the arrow keys to move the camera. This turns the ground back to normal, but the problem does happen again later on. (usually after I have just entered a lot or returned from a community lot) This also happens in the Neighbourhood screen occasionaly.

Just to give you a better idea of what it looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKGvs5nb8tM

The major issue is that while I am in the middle of playing, the game will just crash randomly. No warning, nothing. It will just freeze up, then after a while I will get a message saying "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate." It's really annoying, especially after I have been playing for a long time without saving and I lose everything I have done.

At the moment, the only EP's I have installed are Nightlife, Open For Business, and Celebration Stuff.

I think that it must just be the new laptop that hates Sims 2, because I played it a lot on my other laptop (Vista) with hardly any problems at all. :(

EDIT: I uninstalled OFB and that fixed the crashing problem, but so far no luck with the black ground thing.