PDA

View Full Version : Bangs as Makeup or Accessories?

simangelgoth
12th Mar 2012, 3:46 AM
Is it/or Would it be possible to make Bangs as Makeup or Accessory for the sims 3?
They have them for sims 2 But I've never seen them for 3. They have facial hair. So I can't figure out why Bangs would not work.

Nysha
12th Mar 2012, 9:16 AM
Yes, it would be possible. Obviously you'd want to do it as an accessory, since a flat fringe would look frankly ridiculonk. The CAS Basics tutorial in the CAS Parts tutorial will see you clear to doing that, though you might want to start with a retexture, just to ease yourself in slowly. ;)

Esmeralda
12th Mar 2012, 11:28 AM
Yes, you could have bangs as 'makeup' in the form of a face overlay in Sims 2, because the lighting and 3D rendering were simpler in that game, so you could get away with that. But in Sims 3, because of the more complex rendering engine and different, brighter, lighting, bangs as makeup looks awful. The bangs overlay will look noticeably flat and 'painted on', and the lighting will be different on it from the hair so it looks completely separate from the hair and doesn't match. (Believe me, I've tried it, ha ha!) So, if you want to make bangs as an accessory in TS3 and have them look reasonable, you'll need to make them as an accessory mesh rather than makeup.

omegastarr82
12th Mar 2012, 7:54 PM
Or maybe as a beard?

Esmeralda
12th Mar 2012, 8:11 PM
They could indeed try making it by cloning a beard if they have World Adventures or Late Night, which each come with a beard that can be cloned, unlike the glitchy base game beard! (And drat, that reminds me I have beards I want to get busy on and I keep procrastinating!) Otherwise, I guess they'd have to clone it as Earrings or similar.