PDA

View Full Version : file changing

phat_man55
10th Sep 2005, 4:16 AM
i need some help with this file. its is a .max format and i need it in a format used by milkshape. anybody wanna help me with this?

i would do it myself by buying 3d max 7 but im not willing to pay $3000 for it and i've already used up my free trail. anybody wanna help me out please.

the file is in the attachment. to give it back just post another attachment back. thanks :D

IMPORTANT - the file in the attachment DOES NOT work in the game, do not try to put it into the game. its just a lego head. can somebody help me out? and anybody can reduce the poly count if they want to.

btw: how do u reduce poly counts in milkshape?

Grapholina
10th Sep 2005, 4:26 AM
Hi. I have a similar problem with that program. I have several and I've found that using Amapi Pro 7.5 and 3D S Max works best for me. With Amapi I can export as an OBJ file directly and it isn't expensive at all.

As far as MilkShape and reducing Poly count, in MilkShape, under Tools, click on the DirectX tool. A box will pop up and it has a slider. Use the slider until you get the desired number of Polys.

Be careful though. Too few polys and your object will become almost shapeless. You'll have to use your judgment as to how far down to take it.

phat_man55
10th Sep 2005, 6:35 AM
ok thanks, is 3D S Max free?

i hate spending money

phat_man55
10th Sep 2005, 8:40 PM
i still need help converting that file.... any takers?

exnem
11th Sep 2005, 5:08 AM
i still need help converting that file.... any takers?

Here you go ;)

I took the liberty of reducing polygon count for you also.

It was 12000 polygons, left it at 600...

Cheers :beer:
-X

phat_man55
17th Sep 2005, 5:44 PM
thank you, your awsome :D