PDA

View Full Version : Re-installed games, downloads do not show up, Not even them from the exchange

Corganinne
26th Sep 2005, 2:55 PM
Heeelp! :sadpanda:
I am so sorry if this is the wrong place to put this question :sorry: , but I cannot figure out what the problem is, so here I go:
I bought Nightlife, I installed it, and it seemed to work fine. Every download I had came into the game, I built an awesome house and realised that I could not upload/ and save to my own computer. Then I discovered that Bodyshop was not working either, so I deleted every three games (Sims 2, University, Nightlife) and deleted the document with all my downloads to. Then I re-installed all my games, and it works like a dream. Then I put all my downloads into the folder:

C:/document and settings/Char/document/Ea games/Thesims2/downloads

This path is the same I used before installing nightlife- and it has always worked, also with Uni. I donīt know what I am doing wrong. I tried to download a Nightlife sim from the exchange from Maxis own page, and she does not show up either. Nothing shows up, and I am feeling kind of sad cause I cannot figure it out. Somebody please help. Hope you can understand my bad english.

Note: I even tried to make my own Download folder with a large D where the download folder with the little d was. I have also made one in the Nightlife document, but I cannot see this path when I try to unzip.

Please write...
:gonemad:
Corganinne.

bairy
26th Sep 2005, 7:41 PM
I'm guessing the folder names you've typed are just shorthand for the real foldernames, i.e. Thesims2 is really The Sims 2

Have you enabled custom content in the game?

sissimoody
26th Sep 2005, 9:38 PM
Try this:

Remove your "downloads" folder and put it on your desktop. Create a new "Downloads" folder in your game folders where that one was. Now open the desktop copy of downloads and drag them all in the new folder and delete the empty desktop folder. They should show...hopefully! :)