Sims2Pack Clean Installer V1.6.22 (Updated Aug 2, 2014)
Sims2Pack Clean Installer is a tool for Sims 2™ and all people who download a lot of custom content. S2PCI can be used to categorize, catalog or remove that content. It will also help you in installing your files. You will be able to preview some content before installing. It has built in unrar and unzip routines, as well as possibility of installing dozens of files with single click.
For more information, please see the official website at:
The newest version recognizes 64-bit and the Ultimate Collection, thanks to abluescarab.
- The Sims2Pack Clean Installer is released under the GNU General Public License.
- The program uses some DLLs from DatGen and SimPE; they are included in the installation.
- You need the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=20137
To install, just download Sims2PackInstaller.zip and unzip it. Run the installation EXE from the unzipped location.
If you would prefer a no-install version, download Sims2PackInstaller_NoInstall.zip and extract everything. You will have to set the file associations yourself. Here's a brief explanation of how to set up the no-install version:
To have the Sims2Pack Clean Installer install your CC into a non-default location, here are some suggestions:
If you always want to have the Sims2Pack Clean Installer install your CC into a non-default location, please see this post:
For multi-install, please see this post:
I have included the source code for the latest version in Sims2PackInstallerSource.zip. There is no need to download this file unless you are a C# programmer who wishes to look at or modify the code.
Please report any problems with this new version in the Sims2Pack Clean Installer forum. Be sure to mention which version you are using.
How To Help:
The most important thing is to let me know if you have any problems. I have a limited ability to do testing, so I'm hoping that people will tell me when things go wrong.
Specifically, if you notice that a piece of CC is incorrectly identified, or has other incorrect information, please let me know. If possible, a copy of the CC (or a link to the download) may help me to find the bug.
The Sims2Pack Clean Installer was originally written by Karol Rybak (phervers), who has left the community.
This is the release history since I took over development of the Clean Installer:
* Recognize default installation paths for 64-bit and UC, thanks to abluescarab at MTS.
* Access registry in read-only mode when trying to get display name. Hopefully, this will solve the recent spate of problems with installing to EA Games\\Teleport.
* Try to find name and description of mods from Catalog Description and Version Information records.
* Add checkbox to remove furniture from lot.
* Better error handling. Do not display "succesfully installed" message if files did not install correctly.
* Install CC into Downloads folder with an extension of .package, when installing lots into a non-default Teleport folder with an extension of .Sims2Tmp. This mimics the behavior when installing lots into the default location.
* Resolve a bug where occupied lots with CC were installed incorrectly. Please note that occupied lots are NOT considered to be safe.
* Find save game through HKEY_CURRENT_USER, rather than HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. This should ensure that files are installed to your save game, rather than the administrator's.
* Recognize incomplete BodyShop projects (ie, those without a Binary Index).
* Mark incomplete BodyShop projects in light blue.
* Add LotCatalog to browsable folders.
* Recognize more behavior mods.
* Recognize UI mods.
* Recognize BodyShop packages with no Texture Overlay XML, as long as they have Mesh Overlay XML.
* Duplicate hacks are now marked in Pink, rather than Red.
Note: This version highlights (in light blue) BodyShop projects which do not have a Binary Index. These are almost always incomplete BodyShop projects which will not show up in your game. However, there are some default replacements which will be incorrectly flagged, such as Phaenoh_DEFAULT_SocialBunniesRedefined. Therefore, you should be sure to check the flagged packages before removing. Requested by fanseelamb.
* Use HTML encoding for file paths, to avoid problems with &, <, >, and ".
* Give an indication if no update to the program is available.
* Fix bug where Young Adult and Elder clothing were not properly categorized.
* Use HMTL encoding for embedded file names, to avoid problems with special characters: &, <, >, and ".
* Do not install item on multi-install form if the checkbox is unchecked.
* Fix a bug in the mipmap processing which could cause an infinite loop.
* Resolve a registry-access problem with the save game directory on MACs.
* Fix problems with INI processing which resulted in multiple INI files.
* Add a new SaveGamePath line to the S2PCI.ini file, to allow user control over the install directory.
* If S2PCI cannot find the save game folder, ask user to specify the path and then write that path to the S2PCI.ini file.
* Remove the auto-update of the package list, since this file is no longer being actively updated.
* Display game version used to create lots.
* Recognize official Maxis recolors.
* Recognize pets.
* Add JPG records to available images.
* Re-enable update from sims2pack.modthesims2.com.
* Create no-install version of program.
* Allow install directly from Zip and RAR files.
* Recognize bracelets, rings, earrings, necklaces, miscellaneous accessories, and pet body parts.
* Process the subtype and bin fields of the Texture Overlay XML, to better recognize makeup, jewelry, etc.
* Recognize glasses, even when they link to existing textures.
* Resolve an exception which occurred when RAR files contained non-ascii characters.
* Resolve problem which prevents the installation of Sims2Packs into a non-default directory, when the Sims2Pack contains lots, families, or sims.
* Recognize meshes.
* Recognize category mods; ie, mods which just recategorize existing hair, clothing, etc. Category mods include un/hiders, catalog changes, age conversions, etc.
* Recognize hair color and clothing, even when they link to existing textures.
* Recognize clothing, even if it has multiple property sets.
* Better descriptions for clothing: more compact, more complete, include Young Adult age and Pregnant and Outerwear categories.
* No more .package.package extension when installing Sims2Pack into non-default directory.
* Resolved a problem where some hair recolors were being misidentified as clothing.
* Add File Name column to list.
* Add Rename context menu.
* Add text entry field to (some of the) folder browser dialogs.
* Improve default replacement recognition.
* Improve behavior mod recognition; add bcon-only mods.
* Recognize object mods, ie: behavior mods with object functions.
* Add tooltips to multi-install window.
* Multi-install will now only spawn one version of S2PCI at a time.
... This will prevent the problem where too many instances are open at the same time, causing the computer to slow down or stall.
* Multi-install will now display processing status. Choose Cancel on the multi-install window to stop all processing, excluding any currently open single-install version of S2PCI.
* Fix problem when zip file contains directories.
* More code cleanup, including error handling.
* Recognize roofs
* Recognize fences
* Recognize default replacements
* Recognize behavior mods, ie: mods which have nothing in them except BHAVs.
* Change the term "Floor Paint" to the more widely used "Terrain Paint"
* Remove automatic update from modthesims2.com until the website is available.
* Allow sort by column.
* Hover mouse over checkbox now displays tooltip with file name.
* Resolve problem with empty names.
* Disable buttons which can't be used.
* General code cleanup
* Install All context menu option is now available only on folders.
* Better handling of folders when path too long.
* Fixed several bugs associated with multiple install.
* Should now work with 64-bit systems.
* Provide error message if user tries to install incorrect file type, such as a .package file
* Allow Save As over current Sims2Pack without producing empty packages.
* Resolved empty package problem with non-ascii file names.
* Improved recognition algorithms for lots and families.
* Improved selection of pictures and descriptions.
* New "Occupied Lot" type for lot with family.
* Completely reworked recognition algorithms. This work was primarily done by Karol Rybak; I just got everything working again.
Wow - resolved empty package - may I kiss your hoofs?
* round of applause *
Thanks much for this, have a cookie! :D
I live and die by this thing (or at least my downloads folder does). Thank you so much.
wow thanx heaps, with this a delpies im set
Oh wow, a Clean Installer update! What a delightful surprise! Thank you! .
We should all send a big thanks to phervers for giving me the source code and for allowing me to make it open source.
Thank you! Thank you! Will this overwrite the old installer, or do I have to uninstall it?
Thank you so much for bringing this up to date! You are a goddess!
ilikefishfood, as with all versions of the Clean Installer, you will need to uninstall your current version before installing the new version. If you try to install without uninstalling first, the Clean Installer will let you know.
comcal, let's keep development issues in the Moo Tools forum, rather than cluttering up this thread.
Does this version not work on 64 bit systems or have i done something terribly wrong?
I can't get this or the 1.6 version to work on my 64 bit system, so I've gone back to the 1.5 version for now
Hi!!! I've a question, if I rename a file, it keeps working? I mean, I've A LOT of things, but when I install some files I realice that I've other files with the same name, and will be replace 4 sure, so, if I change them they still work or not?
Sorry 4 my english, I'm from Argentina.
I have a 64 bit system, Windows 7 and I have no issues with at all with the previouls edition. I can't wait to try this one. Thank you so much!
New version available
New version 1.6.2 should work with 64-bit systems. For other changes, see Release History.
However, I would question why you have a lot of files with the same name?
I am having a problem with long pathnames. The old version of CI used to complain about them and give me the option to ignore them and go on, but the new version stops cold and will not do anything until I restart it. It throws a long error message that doesn't happen to include the pathname that it's complaining about, which means that I can't find the offending file and move it, rename it or delete it.
Yay, this is awesome!! Thank you!!
A screenshot of the error message that you're receiving would be helpful. Can you give me an example of the long pathname? Is this a folder that you're trying to browse, or a Sims2Pack that you're trying to install?
Thanks Mootilda. It seems to work for me and I got a new computer using Windows 7. However, it might be useful to know for people having a PC under Windows 7 that Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 is no longer needed. I know that because I also had to reinstall SimPE.
And thanks to phervers of course.
Awesome! Thanks so much! :D
Thanks! Will start the exploration!
I use the clean installer to remove unwanted CC, thank you so much for an updated version.
New version available
New version 1.6.3 will (hopefully) re-enable the multi-install option.
To use, right click on a directory and select "Install all". The Clean Installer will show a list of all installable files in the directory, including those inside ZIP and RAR compressed archives.
Please note that the Clean Installer cannot recognize 7Zip files at this time. It also cannot recognize nested archives, such as a ZIP files within a ZIP file.
You should also be aware that there is no validation of these files, so there is an increased likelihood of installing hacks or other unwanted content which is attached to a Sims2Pack.
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:34 AM.|
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.14
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.