MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
Setra, jewel of the sands
by Pyronium3 Posted 21st Feb 2012 at 7:11 AM - Updated 21st Feb 2013 at 9:17 AM by Pyronium3
2,905 Thanks Thanks 751 Favourited
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Many would think Egypt is a place of relics and ancient history, but these days you'll find that there's more than antiquity. A modern paradise has risen from the sands. With the use of state of the art technology and the funding of the richest Sims, Setra was founded. Among the ancient pyramids of old now lies a modern settlement, welcoming all who are drawn to its gleam.
A large desert world, Setra combines the features of Late Night with the aspects of suburban life. Exotic and exciting, it should offer something for every simmer out there.
- Map Size: Largest (2048x2048)
- Map height: Highest
- World type: City, like Bridgeport. This means different work times and no wildlife in the form of wild horses/deer/raccoons. You will still see unicorns and strays.
- Spawn Points: All basegame spawners + expansion spawners (AMB, LN and PETS), except the World Adventures variants. I decided to keep their location-specific exclusivity.
- Game requirements: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets and game update 1.29 (from 12/14/11).
Thanks to Armiel and Simsample for this, I borrowed it from their threads.
- Make a folder to any location you can easily find - desktop for example
- Download all 9 files in this thread and save them to the folder you just created
- Right click on the first file and select "Extract here..."
- When prompted, browse the next file by finding the folder they are in and selecting the next file asked for
- Repeat until all files are extracted
- Copy the sims3pack you got and move it to your documents/Electronic arts/Sims 3/Downloads
- There, double click on the file and let launcher complete the install process
- Play and enjoy!
If extracting won't work, try renaming each file to 1,2,3... etc. If for some reason this doesn't work for you, or you're too lazy to go through this process (Don't lie!) you can also download it through the exchange.
Thanks to everyone who helped me test the world.
Thanks to Twallan for this MasterController, DebugEnabler and Porter mods.
Thanks to kiwi_tea for his population tutorial here.
Thanks to Simsample and the other people in this thread for figuring out how to mark a world as a city.
Need help with downloading or installing content? Click here!
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|SetrabyPyronium3.part01.rar||9.00 MB||59,807||21st Feb 2012|
|SetrabyPyronium3.part02.rar||9.00 MB||51,053||21st Feb 2012|
|SetrabyPyronium3.part03.rar||9.00 MB||48,124||21st Feb 2012|
|SetrabyPyronium3.part04.rar||9.00 MB||47,229||21st Feb 2012|
|SetrabyPyronium3.part05.rar||9.00 MB||48,776||21st Feb 2012|
|SetrabyPyronium3.part06.rar||9.00 MB||61,633||21st Feb 2012|
|SetrabyPyronium3.part07.rar||9.00 MB||49,668||21st Feb 2012|
|SetrabyPyronium3.part08.rar||9.00 MB||47,057||21st Feb 2012|
|SetrabyPyronium3.part09.rar||6.93 MB||44,260||21st Feb 2012|
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
381 Comments / replies (Who?)