Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Have you been considering a move to the suburbs? Do you need a place to settle down and raise a family? If you answered yes to the above questions, never fear; The Adelaide is the perfect home for you. With 4 bedrooms, 3 and a half baths, and an open living area, this home is sure to fill all your needs through the generations.
Wesley and Rebecca Laburnem acquired The Adelaide when they were young newlyweds. Of course, it wasn't quite the beauty that it is now. With a lot of tender love and patience, they were able to fix her up into the treasure you see before you. The Labernums have many treasured memories here; from crossing the threshold as newlyweds, to the birth of their son and then the arrival of their daughter not long after. They celebrated many birthdays around the island in the kitchen and spent many loved nights together in front of the fire. They even celebrated their golden anniversary in The Adelaide. Of course, they are gone now while Elizabeth has gotten married and moved with her husband to his hometown and Jackson is busy traveling the globe as a famous soccer star. This home is in need of new inhabitants who will love it as much as Wesley and Rebecca did.
Lot Size - 35x40
Furnished - §144,644
Unfurnished - §77,756
Custom Content Included:
Dark Blue Roof with White Trim by Tammy TraumaShe has deleted her files; however, she gave me permission to include/reupload the files I have.
Custom Content Not Needed; Used for VisualsYou do not need these for the lot to work/look properly.
Remove Stencils/Overlays by velocitygrass(Seriously, best thing ever!)
Add Any Lot Size by velocitygrass(For those pesky lot sizes you need but EA didn't include like 35x40)
All Horses in Teen Girl Bedroom Pictures by PharaohHound
St Claire by Awesims(Lot built at 8 Sefton Street)
Late Night - Only 2 deco items used: soap dispenser for bathrooms and the tall wood divider in the garage. However, you do need it for armiel's piano.
Outdoor Living - Only the grill outside, can easily be replaced.
Fast Lane - Deco items in the garage. Can replace these with other deco "man cave" stuff if you don't have.
The Adelaide was playtested by me for multiple sim days. The dining room has 2 chairs of the 8 that cannot be sat in due to the doors. You can either replace the doors or use a smaller table. I felt that it wasn't a big issue as my sims still used the room and were also able to use the bar; win-win! Other than that, there were no issues with routing. In fact, with the number of doors throughout the home, I received no foot stomping or queue drops due to faulty placement.
As always, #create because we all know that, without y'all, I would throw my hands in the air and give up. Special thanks to ReyaD and SeeMyu for being there all the way from start to finish.
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.