It bothered me from the first that we can't store milk and marmalade in the fridge. Then I found out I could put them in Sandy's chestlikes from Around the Sims. And then I thought it would be neat if the store's own marmalade pantry could actually be used to store marmalade in it.
These overrides add the World Adventures' chest functionality to three store items and to the Pets milk barrel. So they have their own inventory, just like with Sandy's chestlikes. If you're not familiar with those, read her instructions here
It's also a recategorizer, so you won't have to hunt through Misc Decor. The items are now found under:
Sort by function / Storage / Misc (all)
Sort by Room / Kitchen / Small Appliances (milk barrels, jars)
Sort by Room / Kitchen / Kitchen Cupboards (pantry)
World Adventures is NOT required, but you must be on a post-WA patch. (As always it's recommended to be fully patched)
You do need the original objects:
- Pantry: store
- Jars: store
- Painted milk-barrel: store
- White milk-barrel: Pets Expansion
The World Adventure script includes the non-functional
'look inside' interaction, which you can ignore as it only works on real treasure chests. If you click it, Sims will do a routing fail animation, even if you have WA installed. The right one is the immediate "Open". (If you read Sandy's instructions, you already know this
How to install:
- If the objects are installed by launcher, or as a FullBuild in the Programs directory (this is the case for the Pets barrel), the overrides go into the normal 'Packages' folders.
- For objects installed in 'Packages', the overrides go into 'Overrides'.
- If your objects are decrapped, you need to decrap the overrides as well.
- For advanced users only: The overrides come separately, but can be merged. If you're familiar with S3PE, you can also import them directly into the packages, but don't do this unless you have a backup and know exactly what you're doing.
To uninstall, simply delete the overrides from your packages folder, but make sure you didn't leave anything important in the inventories. Generally, nothing dreadful will happen if you delete the mod with objects still stored. You can run Nraas Error Trap to be on the very safe side.
Sandy, whose work inspired this mod. Without her I wouldn't even have know this is possible.
Nonamena for her script-class tutorial
The creators of s3pe, oc, and Sims 3