Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dagi_is_a_punk
Fivey is right, it really is just new genetics and make up effects. No eye or nose masks though, just some wrinkles, shadows and highlights. Oh, and a beard. And scar. The skin and eyes are my defaults, so I didn't have to mess with those. Whew, good to know I'm not the only one who actually likes his new appearance. For a moment there, I thought I was going mad, believing Goopy looks actually good.

Oh, I've seen plenty of sim clean ups. Both by other people and myself. I don't have a Pleasantview on handy to show what I make of him...

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Advertisement
Banned
#52 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 3:39 AM
Yo, she's still ugly. And a furry. As far as furries, we should shove sparrows down their throat until the beaks poke through their stomachs and they die.
See who gets the reference.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattShizzle
Yo, she's still ugly. And a furry. As far as furries, we should shove sparrows down their throat until the beaks poke through their stomachs and they die.
See who gets the reference.

Actually, she's supposed to come off as one of those anime-obsessed teenagers who like saying 'kawaii' every other sentence. Other pictures of her include her reading yaoi. Heh.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#54 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 3:20 PM
@MattShizzle- please try to be a little less graphic in your replies, there are some people who don't enjoy reading your 101 methods of painful death, no matter where it is referenced from.
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 2:13 AM

I used to think certain premades were ugly, but I sort of discarded that when I bred enough ugly sims to grow accustomed to off-centered appearances. Also, the fact that they're not even a little self conscious about their appearance is endearing. Well, besides a preoccupation about hygiene and sometimes weight, but it doesn't effect their personal life. They don't get worked up about stupid crap like that.

The only way you can get a horrifying sim is if you spent more than two minutes in bodyshop.

For example:

Simblr.
Banned
#56 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 2:54 AM
OK, that actually goes beyond even monstrously ugly into downright Lovecraftian.
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 3:07 AM
No, this is Lovecraftian.

Simblr.
Banned
#58 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 4:12 AM
Well, that too. A shoggoth would look better than that and the "Innsmouth Look" would be hot compared to that!
Instructor
#59 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey

Congratulations, you finally made the gorilla face face template attactive!
Top Secret Researcher
#60 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The SimWhisperer
Congratulations, you finally made the gorilla face face template attactive!

I sort of like him, though. His eyebrows make him look like he has cat ears!

Simblr.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 6:03 AM
Test Subject
#62 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 11:02 PM
I always thought that Malcolm Landgraab was one of the few male townies that didn't look repellant in some way. I feel more sorry for the people in the universities that are trying to find love though. They really seem to be a mix of poor genetics. One of the first things I do when my Sim marries is have their new spouse have a makeover. I am guilty once of having them have plastic surgery. >.<
Test Subject
#63 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 11:03 PM

The horror... the horror! They don't even look humsim!
Mad Poster
#64 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 12:47 AM
Funny conversation. Eye of the beholder and all that. I just now had a "woops" baby: had made an exagerated, ruggedly hadsome "alien" (very dark blue), married him to a pretty vixen "fairy" - their girl child has his giant chin and nose, and moms squinty eyes - maybe on a boy child it would be ok, but this girl will never be "normal"

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 10:16 PM
I don't mind most sims, though there is some...o.O in the bunch at times. Rarely do I find them ugly. With that said one sim sticks out to me, Loki Beaker, I don't find him ugly per say but those eyebrows...oh my...
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I don't mind most sims, though there is some...o.O in the bunch at times. Rarely do I find them ugly. With that said one sim sticks out to me, Loki Beaker, I don't find him ugly per say but those eyebrows...oh my...

Those eyebrows are AWESOME.

I also think they'd be pretty useful. I mean, you don't need a sun visor with eyebrows like that! Especially useful in Strangetown heat!

Simblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 10:33 PM
Those eyebrows are AWESOME.

I also think they'd be pretty useful. I mean, you don't need a sun visor with eyebrows like that! Especially useful in Strangetown heat!

Lol! Didn't think of that, you got a point there!
Field Researcher
#68 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 10:12 PM
Now watch that a few times late at night and tell me it doesn't terrify you. Gosh, I have way too much free time on my hands.

Meh.
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mozgun
Now watch that a few times late at night and tell me it doesn't terrify you. Gosh, I have way too much free time on my hands.

Not particularly.

Simblr.
Instructor
#70 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 10:22 PM
Mozgun: Yeah, that template 18 face would have a hard time winning a beauty contest... Luckily there are no playable premade sims with that template, but there are a few townies. I think most of the default Maxis face templates are quite good actually, but that template is just plain weird and ugly IMHO.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mozgun

Nah! I actually love it, I need it in my neighborhood, the genetics it beholds are awesome. I'm about to mix some genetics with it in my neighborhood soon!
Mad Poster
#72 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 10:58 PM
That's the single blackest face template in the game. Cartoony, yes. Ugly, horrific, monstrous, or inhuman - no. Not remotely. I used it twice in Widespot.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Banned
#73 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 11:02 PM
Really about the only decent templates without massively changing them - shrinking just about all the facial features and widening/shortening the jaw to get rid of the "pencil face" - are 1 and 2. I don't like them to be cartoony, I like them to look as much like actual people as possible.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 11:20 PM
Fivey--I hope that young Lovecraftian fellow is going to be a GOS Good Genes challenge founder.

The thing that bugs me about that face template 18 is that the top of the head is too skinny for the rest. It should be a rounder top, not flat up the sides. Argh, not explaining well. Yes, it's cartoony, but just not quite round enough to look right.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Instructor
#75 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattShizzle
Really about the only decent templates without massively changing them - shrinking just about all the facial features and widening/shortening the jaw to get rid of the "pencil face" - are 1 and 2. I don't like them to be cartoony, I like them to look as much like actual people as possible.

I would agree that those two face templates are probably the most attractive, I also like Meadow Thayer and The Curious brothers. The problem with face template number 1
is it can't be mixed with number 2, without some tweeking on both templates. Or you get the face of number 2, with number 1's nose. And then they look like pigs, in my opinion.

I said it once, and i'll say it again. The female Sims I think are all attractive, with some exaggerated features, but still attractive. However the male faces of their female counterpart, appear to have the more cartoony looks. They got the exaggerated features, and I don't know why EA did it that way? Perhaps, to make the guys more manly looking, I don't know.

I do think though that the number one face template on guys always look like they're eternal teenagers, even with stubble. It's like they're the baby face of the Sim's world! I can't say that about the females though!
Page 3 of 5