Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 2:43 AM
Thread's three months old - got a new one, though.

I just managed to get a 48-hour pregnancy hack successfully working in the game. How to explain this?

Well, a new drug came on the market, accelerating fetal growth when taken in the first trimester. Of course all the pregnant Sims are going to go for that! If, for some reason, I decide to later remove the hack, I'll just say that there were unforeseen side effects.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 1:07 PM
Something went wrong in Kendra Blaise's house in Bitville after I (stupidly) saved it after something fell on my keyboard, to where it absolutely would not load. I was thankfully able to evict her and move her elsewhere (and bulldoze the offending structure), but the story I went with in the game is that she burned her house down. Mysteriously. By accident.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#28 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 8:44 PM
The only time I've ever had a "head canon" about something technical was a household with a Servo, where the Servo went to get the mail and afterward, the mailbox was bugged and nobody could get the mail, nobody could pay bills, I couldn't delete the mailbox, finally burninated the mailbox with stuck object remover and replaced it, still nobody could interact with the box. It was a pretty bad glitch.

The story was the Servo was a bit delusional and believed that he and the mailbox were locked in a deadly feud, so he kept destroying it. There was no choice but for the family to move to a new house with a fenced-off and locked mailbox so Servo wouldn't "meet" the new mailbox and end up in a feud with it, too.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 5:29 PM Last edited by cakeninja : 19th Jul 2017 at 5:30 PM. Reason: Forgot a paragraph break
When my last computer died, I was playing Strangetown. I had an external backup, so I could restore the hood to its former glory... well, nearly. The backup was a few months old, so some sims were younger than they had been, some weren't yet married to their spouses, etc. etc. All things I could put back as they were pretty quickly through play... except the children. The population of Strangetown had been fairly busy on the reproductive front during those deleted months, and 5 sims who had been children when my computer died were now wiped from existence. I could make their parents reproduce again, of course, but since I always take steps to avoid the firstborn effect, there was no way to get those specific children back. And I'd liked those specific children.

This being Strangetown, I blamed aliens. 4 of the 5 missing children were descended from Pollination Technician #9 Smith in some way*, so I headcanoned that the aliens had come to "collect the results" of their experiments in alien-sim interbreeding, and Leo Tinker just got swept up by accident. The rest of the town got some nice sci-fi memory modification to ensure they'd forget about the kidnapped children, and carried on with their lives entirely oblivious to what had just happened.

The kids were kept on the spaceship for a while, and got to know the layout enough that they were eventually able to stage a daring escape. Their pod crash-landed on a remote island somewhere far from Strangetown, and with no way of getting back home, they had to carve out a new life for themselves there.

In other words, I created a brand new neighbourhood, went into CAS & made kids as similar as I could get to the missing children, aged them up to teen, then plonked them down into an "abandoned ruins" type lot where they had to fish & farm to survive.

And that's the story of how I got my first ever custom hood.

*If you're interested in the genealogy, they were: the granddaughter of Lola Curious & Ajay Loner, the grandson of Chloe Curious & Ripp Grunt (an accidental out-of-wedlock pregnancy, that one), and two of the many grandchildren of Jill Smith & Buck Grunt (who both got family aspirations & started making babies pretty much the moment they'd graduated)
Mad Poster
#30 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 6:12 PM
Boy, don't I hate having to replay a lot when the outside world interferes-like today; there's some roadwork being done, and the power guys just had to interrupt our power for long enough to shut down my computer.

Damnit! I had written up all kinds of stuff and was playing one of my lots-crash bang!

Thankfully I'd saved the game just before going into Judge Windsor's lot, so all I have to do is replay from the start his lot.
But the notes I made? Grrr.....I didn't save them. Now all I have to do is remember what happened before the power went blink!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 1:09 PM
Another one: After a technical mishap, Leod McGreggor lost a bunch of stuff in his inventory - mostly the stuff for sale at his store! I pretended his shop got burglarized (not sure who would want to steal crates of eggplants and spice jars, though) and plan to add the memory for that.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#32 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 2:09 PM
Probably a South African thief - they will steal anything
Theorist
#33 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Probably a South African thief - they will steal anything

Is that really true? I once had a teacher from South Africa and he told us that his house was completely cleared of all contents by thieves, twice over, even though he was living in a sort of gated community. I always thought it was just a tall tale he liked to tell.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Is that really true? I once had a teacher from South Africa and he told us that his house was completely cleared of all contents by thieves, twice over, even though he was living in a sort of gated community. I always thought it was just a tall tale he liked to tell.

100% true. They will steal the doors and windows as well.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 3:59 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 16th Mar 2018 at 7:44 AM.
The NPC restaurant host, through some weird glitch or another, has a female body - but they have a male voice and SimPE says they're male. I'm just going to go with them either being transgender (male-to-female, I'd think) or non-binary.

I'm planning to change the hair at some point - it keeps clipping through the suit!

Mad Poster
#36 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 7:31 AM
I've got to have my sims owning a cheap custom car I downloaded from here that's only 150$ in the game as I'm having a bug where the walk to work interiaction isn't showing up and I hope a Mod is made that fixes that if it's broken.I just have the cheap cars in the story at the moment and will pretend the sims get evicted to have apartments fixed which adds parking spots or institution signs to switch work off if they miss the carpool.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 3:21 PM
CAS adults are very basic and the poor things really get the short end of the stick when compared to born in-game sims, so I have a "Welcome Center" with Insiminator objects and Sim Blender. I'll give them skills, appropriate career levels, and how much money I think they should have earned or "inherited" at that point. It's also where I fix family relationships that aren't possible in CAS (for instance, I wanted an adult male and teen female sister, so I made two adult siblings and aged her down on this lot.)

I also give, ah, stimulus packages from the Simnation Government, I guess, to settlers of new neighborhoods or really anyone that I want to have more money. It's how I explain my excessive motherlode usage.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 3:29 PM
Not a bad idea! I have an admissions office for University (mostly for the cute cutscene with the parent - though I also fix the clothes and have them withdraw any funds they have in Monique's computer bank accounts).

Mad Poster
#39 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 4:46 PM
Had some stupid moment when my children have been taken just right a second later immediately when one of them caught a cold. Somehow, in odd turns of events the all event got glitchy and what not, I had to fix the thing with testingcheats and lot ffslotdebuger. Reloading the lot kept one of the children in the family. I just pretend both of them went missing, before the law enforcement had found one of them while the other remained unknown in her whereabouts.
Scholar
#40 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 6:45 PM
I have an odd glitch where some children fail to obtain the "learn to study" memory, despite SimPE saying they "should" have it according to their skill level. I'm not sure if it's lot-specific, family-specific or just random, but I've now decided that those unfortunate kids who don't get the memory despite going through the sequence to obtain it have dyslexia.

In other words, they want to learn and can learn... it just takes them a little longer.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Instructor
#41 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 4:49 PM Last edited by vllygrl : 19th Mar 2018 at 6:06 AM.
@Budwinys: l like your Welcome Centre and it is something I like to do as well, only there is one thing I have some trouble with: after your sims leave the Welcome Centre, how do you manage to have them in their new home with their own surname - ie: Brown Family instead of Smith Family if Smith Family are the owners of the Welcome Centre lot???

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 5:21 PM
I am pretty sure UNI students keep their house names. You can have The Bunch household which would be composed of Sandra Pitt and Kevin Bratt, move onto a lot. Then back in the Student Bin, they would still be The Bunch household.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
#43 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 6:05 AM
Thanks Rosebine! This is exactly what is happening. What I’d like is to be able to move a CAS family into a lot like, say, the Smith Welcome Centre, adjust whatever needs adjusting and then move them out again without them being permanently stuck with the name Smith Family when actually they are the Brown Family. This is very awkward!

The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 6:29 AM
If they move out via the newspaper/computer then they will have the last name of the one who used the newspaper/computer.
If they are the only ones on the lot and have to move out via the Bin move out button, then they keep the name of the 'household' which is why some get stuck with the wrong name. Easy solution is to move one sim (with the correct last name) out and then into a new home (or empty lot), then move the rest of the household via the bin move out and merge the two households, which will then have the correct household name.

Or you can simply changed the name of the household in simpe, if SimPE is an option. It's under "household info" and it's easy to change. I like to go in and change the names of the households that are townies, downtownies, service sims, hobbyists and strays and whatnot so I can find them easily with Inge's teleporter cat.
Scholar
#45 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 12:30 PM
I had an aging mod where sims lived for so long. I realized it didn't really work with my playstyle, so I got rid of it. My sims who grew up while i had it are now weird immortals.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 2:33 PM
Whenever I have to kick a family out of their house and move them back in to fix an issue, I just pretend that the exterminators had to come in and fumigate the place to get rid of the bugs.

Instructor
#47 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 5:45 PM
Thank you Sleepycat! Great solutions for the issue!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#48 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 12:41 AM
So Herb Oldie rolled an unusual want:

Since I can't find any other signs of corruption, I'm not going to worry too much about it for now. In-story, I'm going to take it as him actually lusting over the witch herself, but because of magical shenanigans, his affections got misdirected. Or maybe he's just going a bit senile. Or both?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#49 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:16 AM
Senile I would say But I have also had sims with those kinds of wants before now. I was wondering if it is a game bug.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#50 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:22 AM
I've seen the Sim versions rather than the pet-specific version of of "be friends with pet" roll up as wants. I'm guessing maybe it could be an older hack that doesn't bother testing whether the Sim is a pet or not. Honestly I'd worry more if a toddler wanted to flirt with anyone than I am about a romance Sim wanting to flirt with a pet.

Page 2 of 4