Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 10:28 PM
Yesterday, two of my Sims went to a commercial lot to go and meet a third Sim. Completely unscripted, one of them died (they drank something cursed from a well while I was trying to find something to eat for the other Sim and not paying sufficient attention to events on the other end of the lot). However, shortly after that, the game crashed.

So when I returned to that family, the photos of the death were in the family photo album, but everyone was alive and nobody remembered anything that happened while they were out. I interpreted this as one of the Sims having a dream that they were going to die if they went to the commercial lot as expected. So that Sim called the third Sim to "cancel"... ...and then I had the two Sims order a big takeaway meal and relax instead.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 10:30 PM
Wait..sims aren't supposed to be allow dying on a community lot. Maybe this is why it crashed??
Am I missing something...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 10:50 PM
They can die on community lots.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#54 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:10 PM
Oh wow...was it always like that or...Because I am sure they could not, not more while on vacation.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#55 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Wait..sims aren't supposed to be allow dying on a community lot. Maybe this is why it crashed??
Am I missing something...

Some methods of dying can't happen on a community lot (for example, they can't starve to death) but other methods - often ones added in later expansion packs, such as the "wishing well" death that happened to me - are entirely possible.

Had the death "stuck", this would not have caused me any difficulties, as the lot already doubled as the town graveyeard. No need to even move the grave within the lot - although its position was slightly odd, there was enough space around it so Sims could still have got to everything.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#56 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 5:23 AM
Until I figure out what conflict is preventing school buses from showing up in mornings, the bus drivers are on strike. Well, sort of. The bus still drops them off in the afternoon.

@ieta_cassiopeia - when both members of my homeless family died from ghost scares, I decided to reload (it was only the second day) and play it off as a nightmare that the teen had.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#57 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Oh wow...was it always like that or...Because I am sure they could not, not more while on vacation.

Apparently it was always possible to die on a community lot. According to the Prima Guide, Bon Voyage introduced the ability to back out of a community lot without saving even if your last living sim dies. If your last living sim dies, the community lot will continue running and your sim's ghost will be present. At this point it is still possible to back out without saving and avoid the death. But if you wait until the sim's ghost leaves the community lot, the game will save and the death will be permanent. Apparently, before BV, the game autosaved when the last sim died and there was no way to avoid the death.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#58 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 10:29 PM
After an oven fire, I found that my Sims were unable to remove the burned food from the oven, rendering it unusable (and needing a replacement). In-story, the fire (or maybe the fire extinguisher foam?) had damaged the oven beyond repair. The money from selling it was the insurance payout.

Mad Poster
#59 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 11:04 PM
Too bad I had remember to post here when technical issues occured or took a twist in the gameplay that forced me to change the plot. More too bad that I don't remember any :/

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#60 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 1:01 PM
Antonio Monty got fired and was somehow unable to get a job because of his grades (???) so I took it as him being depressed over Hero's death and unable to hold a job. Bianca moved in and joined the military so she could help with his income and the kids took up to selling Lemonade. I may get Antonio to start a business because they REALLY need to pay off their house. The mortgage can only hold up for so long, you know?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 9:35 PM
@didyouevenmakeasound - have inteen? Spawn a biological clock.

Forum Resident
#62 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
@didyouevenmakeasound - have inteen? Spawn a biological clock.

Yep, I sorted it myself, as it happens. I aged him down to teen, used the Sim Manipulator to change his grades to an A+, and then aged him back up to adult. Worked perfectly

Thank you, though, that would probably have been much quicker
Mad Poster
#63 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 9:51 PM
I've had to go in SimPE (with the new UC Inteen) and set the adults grades from school anyway.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Link Ninja
#64 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 11:39 PM
This was one that was so long ago that I forgot it was technically limitation that I incorporated into a story, until I was chatting with Zena Dewdrop on the Sims 2 Discord. So, sometime last decade I downloaded a piano that defaulted over the saloon piano that came with the base game. I didn't know about defaults at the time but I liked the baby grand and rolled with it. The saloon pianos in existence stayed in their original form but this left the saloon piano a rarity in my game since I could no longer pick it out of the catalog. So now anyone with a saloon piano passes it down from generation to generation as heirloom otherwise, it's lost forever.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#65 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 10:03 PM
I have a Sim with a permanent sunburn. Until I figure out how to solve it (and no, the batbox didn't work), he has some sort of skin condition.

Alchemist
#66 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 10:49 PM
I have a Sim with a permanent sunburn. Until I figure out how to solve it (and no, the batbox didn't work), he has some sort of skin condition.

Still?! Poor thing! Did you try Sim surgery?

My sim who was "jumpy" around others had a nervous breakdown after a drunken hookup she regretted. She went on a very long vacation. She booked for 7 days. I went there and made sure she had a sewing machine. She'd always wanted to learn. Then, I just didn't go pick her up again. Bulbizzare fixed her, though. She had lost her Aspiration and I hadn't noticed. Now she's back in the game and starting a quilting a business.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#67 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 11:22 PM
I'm planning to try it. Not running the game today, as I've got some stuff to work on, but I'll try it when I can.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#68 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 7:43 AM
I once had a Sim reset when returning from a community lot or work and their car vanish. They crashed it I think.

Alchemist
#69 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 1:01 PM
One of my sims got stuck off-world when he went to take his new motorcycle for a spin, but I've seen that happen in real life, so no problem.
Mad Poster
#70 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 2:31 PM
When I still played the vanilla game, my families moved around at a record pace - because of stuck kicky bags, stuck babies, stuck sims, stuck anything you can think of. Of course I did not know about mods and stuck object removers back then - so moving a family out, into the same house (and furnish it all over again) was kind of normal play for me

Sims graduating from Uni tend to revert back to teens - I just grew them up and made them study for all their lost skills again.

And after I moved a sim with lot and all into the lot bin (because it was in the way of the hood's new swimming pool; but his house was rather pretty for one that I built in that time) - I spent hours to have him make friends with all (or at least most) of his old friends again.

Of course I had no answer when the hood finally did the invisible space ball thing
Mad Poster
#71 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 2:42 PM

I had this happen with Alexandra Teatherton/O'Mackey but with a tan she picked up on holiday. She was living in Strangetown so I just claimed it was due to the perminant summer there.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#72 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 4:14 PM
The last hood of mine that went ka-flooey was after I had begun record keeping as only someone with OCD can. I was able to reconstruct the hood, but the sims all looked different and some lived with different families because a lot of them had come from home with more than 8 or 10 in residence.

The story was that the hood, already established as militarily aggressive, had gotten into a nuclear scuffle with another hood nearby (also militarily aggressive). The defunct hood had taken a direct hit rendering the land radioactive. The people were relocated to another land (hood), but many had their visages altered as a result of radioactivity. Also, families were separated and refugeed with other groups to explain why some households were incomplete.

The story worked for the other hood as well. I'd been trying to introduce a war to cause severe environmental changes which would explain infertility among the populace.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#73 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 4:20 PM
I should have added that I my quitting and saving rage was probably far above normal Even then, I liked community lots, but sims tended to get stuck on numerous visits.
@smorbie1 - I did try to reconstruct the hood, but it never really worked.
I never had a lot of twins then. Now, well - let us just say that I think the percentage of twins in my hood is above the normal rate as well
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#74 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 5:08 PM
I don't mind unconventional-looking faces, but one thing that really does bother me is when Sims end up with eyesockets that sink into the face. So, in my game, it's an actual medical issue for Sims that can lead to later problems if not corrected with plastic surgery when they're young. (Though, as part of the doctor's examination, I'll temporarily age up the toddler to an adult to make sure they don't grow out of it first.)

Field Researcher
#75 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 1:04 AM
A long time ago, I once had a family with several children. I guess it was a family sim who wanted 10 kids, and I was like "sure that'll be interesting." well, many generations later, I look into their family tree and I see that the woman who had the ten kids is gone! In her place is a stray cat--I believe it was Noodle or maybe Moonshine. So I just said that she had been cursed by the evil witch to roam the streets in a beastly fashion until the end of time! haha
Page 3 of 4