PDA

View Full Version : Editing default makeup in SimPE - too pixellated?

Vigaku
17th Sep 2009, 5:10 PM
I've been trying to follow some tutorials on replacing the game's default makeup, but have been running into some problems.

The "easier" method is to replace the textures in an already made default replacement file, by choosing Build DXT, but this option is ALWAYS greyed out to me when I right click. Am I doing something wrong here?

As an alternative, I tried choosing to import the PNG instead, and this works, only the image is so badly compressed that even the Maxis defaults look better!

Is there a way to, either get the "Build DXT" option to show up, or stop the images being so compressed? Or should I just try the "harder" method? I wouldn't mind doing that, but obviously if there's an easier way, that would be nice. I'd really like to be able to make my own default replacements.

Phaenoh
17th Sep 2009, 10:08 PM
If the Build DXT option is greyed out then you either haven't installed the plugin for it, or it became unlinked. Get them here: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/nv_texture_tools.html and then in SimPE's preference in the File Table tab (I think, the one where it lists the paths to all your EPs) under that is where it needs the path for the Utilities.

Vigaku
18th Sep 2009, 11:54 AM
Ohh, that fixed it! :) Thank you so much!