PDA

View Full Version : How can you tell what is causing odd routing errors?

kewpie
17th Mar 2012, 4:50 PM
Sometimes when I play custom worlds, I see sims freaking out and saying that they can't go somewhere that is totally flat and visually looks like there would be no problem for the sims to get to where they are going.

Sometimes I'll have to make them take a few steps at a time via "Go Here" interaction and gradually they will figure out and walk where they were wanting to go in the first place (taking almost exactly the same route they would have on their own) I've also sometimes seen sims do funky stuff like to go to the lot next door, they will get in the taxi, drive around the block and go to some other lot and cross over through the grass through the back or other side of the lot.

When I eyeball these lots, I see NO reason why they should be causing these weird routing problems. They look like they should work. Because I don't have CAW (playing on a Mac), I can't get in and fix it beyond terrain setting (which sometimes works if I see a problem with the terrain being too steep) and I can't see what's going on.

Edited to add.. I do sometimes see a strange dark line at the end of the sidewalk on these lots occaisionally. But because I can't use CAW, I can't edit the sidewalks.

Is there anything I can do? Or should I just not play custom worlds?

ellacharmed
17th Mar 2012, 5:03 PM
Did you ask the creators of these custom worlds? Do others using these worlds spoke of the same routing issues or just your game?
I'm afraid if it's not a default EA world, support has to fall to the worlds' creators themselves.