Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 5:42 AM
Default game keeps crashing...
I could being the sims 4 for hours on some days without problems. On other days, out of the blue I could be 15 min or longer into the game and it will randomly shut off. The message I get says that the sims 4 has stopped working. I have cc - not sure it that is related to the issue. The random crashes happen both in cas and during game play. Any advice? Thanks in advance for any help provided.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 6:56 AM
It may or may not be your cc causing the problem but it is a starting point. Take all your cc out and try it from there. I also suggest you delete your cache files. Crinrict has a guide here: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/0...te-cache-files/

If you can get the game to a non-crashing state without cc, then you know that the culprit lies in something you have downloaded and you will then have the unenviable task of tracking it down.

Good luck.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 8:03 AM
It would help to know your computer specs but you can try updating video drivers and make sure you are well above the minimum specs to play the game. Are your settings within the capabilities of your computer's specs, are they too high for your graphics card? Do this once you follow Figlilly's suggestions and removing caches on a regular basis is good practice.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 8:17 AM
I have it happen sometimes that my game doesn't even reach the main menu. Then I restart my PC and it loads fine again. Note that I have a i7-4770, 8Gb ram and Nvidia GTX 760 2 Gb with updated drivers. So why that happens is beyond me.
Going offline in Origin helps sometimes but not always.
Instructor
#5 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 8:19 AM
pc specs or bad cc's will cause your game crashing.... if you have played sims 3 before or other sims games you should be aware of it just giving a reminder here....

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snooty
I have it happen sometimes that my game doesn't even reach the main menu. Then I restart my PC and it loads fine again. Note that I have a i7-4770, 8Gb ram and Nvidia GTX 760 2 Gb with updated drivers. So why that happens is beyond me.
Going offline in Origin helps sometimes but not always.

I have no idea why you are crashing, your specs are better than mine, except for the RAM. Would that make a difference? I have 12GB RAM installed because I wanted my computer background processes to have enough for running tasks while I play my game. I haven't experienced any crashes after I changed from an ATI card to the GTX750/2GB RAM.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Stupid people are stupid
#7 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 12:10 PM
Moving to Help.