Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 3:43 AM
Default Trying to get mods to work in Sims Medieval on Windows 8
I am trying to get the sliders to work in the above listed game. I've followed the instructions and it has not worked. Does anyone have any suggestions? Once I can get this figured out then I don't think installing any other mod will be an issue.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Athilea
I am trying to get the sliders to work in the above listed game. I've followed the instructions and it has not worked. Does anyone have any suggestions? Once I can get this figured out then I don't think installing any other mod will be an issue.

Chickie's instructions are the easiest to understand. Do a check to make sure the setup it right. I suggest you try putting in a simpler mod, like an object such as the Forsaken Claymore painting and see if it shows up. If it does, you're set. Sliders are put in the game just like any other mod, they show up in the mouth section of CAS. Use Johna's, they work for me. Let us know if it still doesn't work.

How to set up The Sims Medieval for Mods

Open the sims medieval install folder which can be found here:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval

If you see folders called 'Caches, Game, Game Data, Support and Thumbnails', you're in the right place.

Put the 'Resource.cfg' file in here so it's sitting with these folders.

Make a new folder called Mods.

Open the Mods folder

Make a new folder called Packages

Open the Packages folder and put the package file for Grims Core in here.

Go back out of the mods folder (you should be back in the folder that contains the Caches, Game, Game Data, Support and Thumbnails folders and your new resource.cfg)

Open the 'Game' folder

Open the 'Bin' folder

Put the 'd3dx9_31.dll' in there.

Close the folders and run the game to check it all works.

Good luck!

Rory
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 3:01 PM
thanks alot
Forum Resident
#4 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 8:43 PM
Slider mods? I was not aware of these for Sims Medieval. Link please?
Scholar
#5 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 4:18 PM
Some of the TS3 sliders work for TSM. You don't need to modify them in any way to get them to work, just drop them in your mods folder.