Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 9:09 PM Last edited by Ender0flare : 21st Jan 2015 at 10:32 PM. Reason: extra details
Default MM Mod to make Beauty or Beast changes permanent or atleast very long???
I like playing around with the beauty or beast charm in making magic,and wanted a way to make the transformations permanent. I have NO skill in modding,and was wondering if anyone made a mod like this,or could make one for me.

EDIT:I tried to find a tool to edit the Making Magic files,but couldn't find a tool to edit the files,and didn't know what I would need to edit...
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 8:51 PM
No one?Is there at least a guide???
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 4:34 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 28th Jan 2015 at 3:22 PM.
It's only been a couple of days..... People are not typically quick to respond in the Sims 1 forum, so it's unclear whether anyone knows or not. Also, if you have something to add to your post, you're encouraged by site rules to edit, not post two or more times in a row. Actually, now that I reread your posts, it almost seems like you're making a modding request as well. That's discouraged here. Have you read the posting rules? I'm not trying to be a stickler, but if you ignore them, people are likely to ignore you or give you a negative response.

It is harder to find content as well as information on modding Sims 1 as it is a very old game at this point, but there are some sources out there. However, I don't have them bookmarked. Sorry.

If you find the answer yourself, please update this thread as someone else may have the same question.

I wonder if we had one WCIF thread if it would help or not with people getting responses?

*Edit* I took a couple of minutes to poke around my sources and did not find the hack you're hoping for. I did come across this site that links to all kinds of interesting information, including stuff having to do with programming and modding, such as this set of notes. Somewhere around here is a link for an iff pencil, but I can't find it now. The iff pencil was a basic tool for modding objects, that and the transmorgraphier (guaranteed, I spelled that wrong!). CTO Sims, a site worth joining, may have more info on modding. Good luck with your search!

*Update* Found the iff pencil and a bunch of other interesting looking programs. Go to CTO Sims, Files, General Files, Programs, then for the iff pencil go to Object Code Editing. @Ender0flare, please post back if any of this can be used for modifying the potion.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.