Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2015 at 3:24 PM Last edited by gazania : 28th May 2015 at 11:18 PM.
Default Another way of corrupting a hood?
I'm just so good at this.

I made a new Sim in Pleasantview, plopped her on a 1x1 lot, and proceeded to make a few fixes before making her a townie. Now I should note that I don't have a Downtown. I never put them in my game. And I DO have nounlinkondelete. This may or may not be pertinent. I checked the Batbox I put on this lot, fixed her Uni, and noticed that I had something about deleting global urnstone tokens. Without using a shred of gray matter whatsoever, I checked that and saved. It fixed six instances.

Something told me that I just did something very, very stupid, so I fired up Hoodchecker. It reported a lot not existing, and something about the food tokens on the lot not existing. Uh-oh. I checked my test copy on another machine, moved the old N001 to the desktop on this machine, and tried a new Pleasantview (Meetmetotheriver version). The Hoodchecker scan is fine ... no missing lots or food tokens on either the test or the new version. So it's not directly a Maxis borkage this time. It's my fault.

That may or may not have to do with the Tricous. I'm not sure. Maxis lots can be so strange that way.

Luckily, I don't play Pleasantview very often (a half-dozen times over the last year and a half?). so it wasn't a terrible loss, though that new townie was pretty cute! I'll just play the N001 I just loaded and delete the old one. Life goes on. It could have been worse.

So a word of warning ... don't play around with those global urnstone tokens on the Batbox unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing. You may not like the result.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th May 2015 at 4:24 PM
I think that advice has always stood for using the batbox. I know Pescado said it - I think it's even in the warning notice for frobnication.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#3 Old 28th May 2015 at 4:33 PM
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...ebugger_options

"Global Urnstone Tokens
When a Sim's grave is moved to another lot via the "Move this lot" interaction, the game gives the deceased Sim a "Global Urnstone Token". This token effectively prevents the object from being deleted. The game typically assigns this token to graves that are "in transit" - that is, in the process of being moved from one lot to another. The game will remove this token if the destination lot is loaded and saved by the player. This ensures that the tombstones have reached their final destination and are no longer "in transit", which means the token can be safely removed. If you remove this token while the tombstone is in transit, the tombstone will be deleted. If you do not have the No Unlink on Delete mod, do not use this option."

The urnstones in question probably belong to the Tricous, yes. Using it can delete gravestones, which means that a sim will be deleted and the hood permanently corrupted.

Generally, if you don't know what an option on the Batbox does, do not click that option. I use it almost only for the re-randomizer.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th May 2015 at 5:25 PM
Commiserations gazania! You are our expert at discovering new ways to corrupt neighbourhoods. Personally I back up everything frequently (and keep all my backups) so at worst I should never lose more than a couple of weeks gameplay. If there was a new Sim I really liked in a corrupt 'hood, I'd probably extract her in SimPE and clone her in Body Shop, so I could import her into the version I restored from backup.

But I don't understand how you can have the Tricous if you don't have a Downtown. The dead Tricous are buried (by Maxis) at Gothier Green Lawn and the House of Fallen Trees, and the live ones are teenage Downtownies.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th May 2015 at 5:41 PM
@gazania you said you have the "No Unlink on Delete mod" so that hood was still good to play.

As long as you have the "No Unlink on Delete mod" all it did was delete the stones not the character files and you can get the stone back by using the Urnstone spawner here on MTS.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=236885

Its not the Tricous stones that got deleted but it was most probably Skip Broke and the other dead Pleasantview Sims that do not have stones on lots.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th May 2015 at 8:43 PM
What I'm curious about is why the LOT disappeared, and the food tokens with it. This didn't look like a simple bulldozed lot. Apparently, it was full of ... stuff. Whatever it was, the Hood Detector didn't like it at all and flagged it. There were apparently some sort of game references to it.

The only lot I bulldozed in the old version was the humongous Wright Way one. I never had a problem with that one before.

Strangely, when I did the exact same thing with the new hood, I did not get the same indication on the Batbox.

Dunno. I'm good with either version of Pleasantview.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th May 2015 at 10:34 PM
I don't think that would have done anything gazania. Global Urnstone Tokens have nothing to do with your sim, only tomb stones in the hood and you have no link on delete.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th May 2015 at 11:03 PM Last edited by gazania : 28th May 2015 at 11:38 PM.
Well, the missing lot was not an unknown problem. It seems that's fixable ... http://modthesims.info/download.php...5#startcomments

Now to see about those food references. If that isn't a problem, I can probably go back to the old game, if I choose. I took it from the Recycle Bin and plopped it on my desktop, so I can retrieve it easily enough.

If I do use the Remove feature, it may remove those references as well. Time to switch around the N001s! I haven't backed up this game in a while, anyway. I can just rename the new N001, put it on backup, and keep it on the side should I ever want to get back to it again. That way, if the old hood does become a FBVFS, I can just go back to the newer file, rather than cycle everything all over again.

Here goes nothing!

EDIT ... There seems to be another problem. I have three strange entries. Since I can't copy and paste, I'll try to transcribe them. Apologies in advance for any typos:

"Lot does not exist: 0x000B
Lot does not exist: Lot 0X000B [Invisible] Controller - Game Scripting
Lot does not exist: Lot 0X000B [Invisible] Token - Lot - Food Unit Info"

Haven't the foggiest idea what on earth I did in the first place, or how to prevent this. I did NOT mess around with lots very much! I bulldozed a house or two in the main hood, and that was about it. I don't have a downtown, so I didn't do squat there. I had a custom shopping district, the three vacation hoods and one Maxis Uni. I routinely bulldoze large dorms before I even play them, but that should not have done anything.

I'll read more of the comments to see what I even did, so not to do it again. In the meantime, let's see if Hood Checker gets rid of these three miscreants.

it's times like these I realize how wonderful Mootilda was, and how I miss her still.

Next, I should check Sim PE and see if there is anything odd there. There should be all six Tricous, for instance. If those are missing, time to go back to the new game. The old hood is toast.

EDIT AGAIN: The Hood Checker reportedly fixed the lot problem and its two other problems. But the six Tricous are gone from the Sim Descrptions. Not a trace of them anywhere. Skip, on the other hand, is still quite there, as is Darlene.

Now to put the old N001 back on the desktop and put N001A back on there (renaming it, of course). If there are six Tricous in those descriptions, I've officially corrupted the hood. Might as well get rid of it then since I don't have any particular attachment to it. I STILL don't know why that indication showed up on the Batbox, but be rest assured it will never be touched again by yours truly! (Result: No Tricous there, either, but at this point, since I have no idea which six tombstones were affected, and I barely played the old one, I might as well play it safe. To the Recycling Bin again goes the old hood!)

Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th May 2015 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
There should be all six Tricous, for instance.
No there shouldn't! The Tricous arrive in your game when you add a Downtown; if you don't add a Downtown then you don't get any Tricous. They haven't disappeared; they were never there -- none of them!

I think your 'hood's ok!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th May 2015 at 7:09 AM Last edited by gazania : 29th May 2015 at 8:13 AM.
Well, after going around the new hood, the only other place where I got that Batbox message was the Goth house. The place where I got the message the first time (in the old game) was an empty lot, so there would be no tombstones there.

Yes ... when I loaded the newer N001, I noticed no Tricous there either. So indeed, that's the case, AndrewGloria. However, the obsessive me is going crazy trying to figure out just which six urnstones were affected, or how I wound up with that lot message when I didn't bulldoze any occupied lots or lots I know better not to touch. I've been playing this newer hood for a few hours now, getting closer to the amount of time I played the old one, and didn't see anything odd in the HoodChecker.

I still have both N001 versions. The old one is in the Recycle Bin, but I've resurrected it sometimes to see if I noticed any difference between the two hoods. I've tried to do as many like things between them as possible.

I give up. I just pored through about 20 pages of Hoodchecker posts, and no one else seems to have had the two controller messages. I think I should just pick which N001 version I like the best and move on!

Mad Poster
#11 Old 29th May 2015 at 11:24 AM
If you're happier with the new version (and it's showing no problems at all in HoodChecker), then by all means go with it. But, before you finally ditch the old version, I'd extract that new townie you like in SimPE (Sim Surgery, Use, Export), and then clone her appearance in Body Shop so you can import her into the new 'hood. (As you know, I'm very keen on Sims' rights and see that as a way to let a Sim live on, even if their neighbourhood is doomed.) Be sure to delete the version you exported after you cloned her, as it contains links to the old 'hood, that would corrupt any 'hood you imported it into.) I can give you detailed instructions if you've never done that before.

Personally I wouldn't just delete the old version; I'd compress it to a .zip file and keep it in perpetuity on a DVD, so I could always go back to it in the future. (But then I've got so many backups that, if I wanted to, I could restore my game to the state it was in, when I'd only been playing for a fortnight.)

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th May 2015 at 3:36 PM Last edited by gazania : 31st May 2015 at 8:30 AM.
It appears that once I visited the Goth house, I now get that urnstone message on every lot. I'm guessing it might have something to do with that house. It always HAS been an odd and glitchy one over the years I've played it; probably because of those !@#$ ghosts and tombstones.

So it looks like the urnstone message has never been a problem, and it's nothing I did. Good to know there. But that lot still is a really odd number ... 0x000B? Most lots are numbered entirely differently.

If I didn't discover a new way to corrupt a hood, or bring up an obscure one (such as the 50/50 method and PT customs), I've seemed to have brought up a very rare/previously-unknown HoodChecker reference or two! (I saw no mention of two out of those three items I posted above in all the HoodChecker-related pages I checked. Yay .... me? ) I STILL don't know anything about this problem lot. I am extremely careful before deleting any lot from the game.

I might just go with the new hood, anyway. I like the way this one is going. But I am reminding myself why I prefer custom hoods now.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 30th May 2015 at 11:11 PM
That's the thing with Maxis made hoods, it's all to easy for them to tuck a grave or an urn in someplace and for it not to be seen or thought about until the lot has been placed in the bin or bulldozed. With my custom hoods which is all I play, I know who died and where the grave stones are.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 31st May 2015 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That's the thing with Maxis made hoods, it's all to easy for them to tuck a grave or an urn in someplace and for it not to be seen or thought about until the lot has been placed in the bin or bulldozed. With my custom hoods which is all I play, I know who died and where the grave stones are.

There's a solution to that. Use Cyjon's lot inspector before bulldozing a lot, which will tell you if there are graves on the lot. If there are, it will warn you and advise you not to bulldoze the lot.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st May 2015 at 6:31 PM Last edited by gazania : 31st May 2015 at 6:44 PM.
In my case. I always use that Cyjon basketball before I bulldoze a lot ... no exceptions, ever ... so it's not that.

Shrugs. Really, I have no idea what Lot 0x000B is. I'll give that number a Googling ... maybe someone else has some knowledge of it.

EDIT ... I did find this:

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._id.280x000B.29

Is 0x000B some sort of object ID? But a lot is not an object. Since this isn't in any of my other neighborhoods, and isn't even in this latest version of Pleasantview, even though I've played all the pre-mades' houses I played in my last version (plus the Calientes for good measure) I'm pretty sure it's not custom content.

I did expand Brandi's and Don's houses in the last hood version, though they both stayed on their lots. I don't believe that would be a factor, however, unless Skip is more of a presence than we thought.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 31st May 2015 at 8:43 PM
Okay, is the lot actually missing (you load the game and can see a lot is missing) or did hoodchecker think it ought to find it and not? Because with Belladona as a subhood (I know this isn't what you're doing, but when I've seen it) I get a message of some sort that indicates that the game can't find the lot number it thinks is the cemetery because Belladona starts out with graves in transit. I can't remember where the reference to this was . . . maybe on MeetMe's livejournal or the hoodchecker thread, it was a long while ago that I read about it.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 3:09 PM
No. I see no lots missing at all.

But you may be onto something, Sunbee. I'm not sure why this new version doesn't have that weird lot number, though.

Mad Poster
#18 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 3:35 PM
It seems like the game will assign 0x000B to anything that has not been set yet, once it gets set it may disappear.

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....ic=3359.25;wap2
Badge Type=Const 0x0153:0x0A ("Unused Badge" Value: 0x000B)

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158