Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 7:39 AM
Default The Sims: Big Brother

Mixing together reality TV & The Sims !

The entire thing will work in a pretty simple way. The format of the game is based off of the USA edition of Big Brother from seasons 2 on. At the end of each 7 day week(in game), one house guest will be evicted. Here's the weekly schedule:

Day 1: Regular day - House guests are free to do as they please.

Day 2: HoH(Head of Household) Competition - The house guests will compete in a competition for power. The house guest that wins HoH will nominate the two house guests who they have the lowest relationship scores with.

Day 3: Nomination Ceremony - The HoH makes their nominations.

Day 4
: Regular day

Day 5: POV(Power Of Veto)/Potentional Renomination Ceremony - The HoH, the two nominees, and one randomly selected other player will compete for the POV. The POV is the power to remove someone from being nominated, forcing the HoH to renominate another player. If the HoH wins the POV, the nominations stay the same. If one of the nominees wins the POV, they will take themselves off of the block. If the random extra person thrown in wins the POV, it will be a coin flip to decide whether or not they use it. If they do use it, whichever nominee they have a higher relationship score with will be saved.

Day 6: Regular day

Day 7: Eviction Ceremony - There will be a vote to decide who is leaving the house. The HoH and the two nominees will NOT vote. All of the other houseguests will vote for who they want to evict from the Big Brother house. Who they vote depends on which nominee they have the lowest relationship score with.

--

This in game process will repeat over and over again until there are only two house guests remaining. At that point, the 5 most recently evicted house guests(the first house guest evicted will not be apart of this process) will form a jury that will vote for the winner of Big Brother. For each juror I will check their final relationship score with the two remaining house guests, whichever one they prefer will be the one to get their vote to win.

--

As I'm observing the house guests play through each seven day cycle of the game, I will document it through snapshots and add information on what is happening in the game to provide a storyline.

After each in game week is successfully completed, I will compress the entire week's pictures and information into a post on this thread that will act as an 'episode' to keep anyone who is interested informed on what's happening.

--

Pictures of the house will be posted August 3rd. Pictures of the house guests will be posted August 4th. When the first episode will be posted is not yet determined
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 12:38 PM
Sounds interesting, I'll stick around to watch!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 10:49 PM
Very interesting. How will you determine head of household winner and the power of veto winner?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 7:36 AM
The House

--

The Living Room

The Dining Room

The Kitchen

The Bathroom

The Bedroom

The Pool

Second Floor Patio

--

@VerDeTerre

I will be creating random challenges using whatever I can from the build tools and buy mode items that the game offers.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 8:04 AM
I would like this to be a challenge. Did we ever had a challenge for TS1?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 8:28 PM
I believe there are challenges for TS1 on TSR, although I don't use that site often so I've never done any of them @mixa97sr
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 10:13 PM
This would make a good challenge.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 8:25 AM
Sorry it ended up getting delayed a bit, but here's the first look at the house guests~!

Molly

Nick

Sammy

Dina

Janet

Lonnie

Dante

Arthur

--
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 3:58 PM
I was working on the challenge rules for about 2 hours and I wish to post them here. Can I do that?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 4:53 PM
Are you asking the OP? It seems like a great idea to me since the thread was already started, but it makes sense that the OP should weigh in first.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 5:57 PM
Of course you can

Feel free to post anything you want