Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 12:34 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 3rd Mar 2015 at 7:06 PM.
Default WCIF Something "Natural Looking" That Allows Dogs To Bathe Autonomously?
So, I'm thinking about starting a prehistoric 'hood, to try my hand at the (rather awesome) playstyle used by Heimlichbourger. I, however, want to use CC to make the 'hood look period-appropriate. I've been looking for stuff to allow my prehistoric sims to keep wolves/dogs, and I've found the following objects so far:

Sophie-David's Perfectly Natural Pet Bed
Sun & Moon's Au Naturel Pet Food
Sandy's Fish & Chicken(?) Leg
FeeEssen's Dog Bone Chew Toy

So, these objects will allow my dogs to sleep, eat and chew (though I would also love a "stick" chew toy, if anyone knows of one? I could've sworn I'd seen one around! But my dogs won't be able to wash themselves, and as I don't want my prehistoric sims to have bath tubs, on the whole, I need another option for my prehistoric doggies to wash themselves. I know that they can play in the OFB sprinkler toy, which I think raises their hygiene, and I've seen Xptl297's Batheable Fountains, but I was wondering if anyone knows of anything more period appropriate? For example, a puddle or small pond that dogs can bathe in? Or even an invisible recolour of the sprinkler toy?

All suggestions/links are, as always, much appreciated :-)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 1:01 PM
If you haven't yet tried the natural pet food, it makes your dogs hygiene bar go way down to green fume level. I just hid a wooden tub for my wolves.

How about the small sprinkler by Fresh Prince and maybe hide it under a rock?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 1:56 PM
I haven't tried it yet, so that's good to know! :-) Yes, I think that a hidden small sprinkler may be the way to go - or I may hide Xptl297's batheable bamboo fountain slightly in a cave wall, so it looks like a spring, and see if they can use that to wash themselves. I'd still love a simple puddle or pond, though!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 7:23 PM
Just wanted to share a link to a new object made by the amazing Fractured Moonlight over at Plumb Bob Keep - pet pools, to allow dogs to bathe themselves! <3 <3 <3 I'm so happy! :-D Find them here :-)

And if your sims have reached the stage where they actually put food out for their dogs (or at least for the puppies, who aren't old enough to hunt) there are some fabulous medieval/historic pet bowls here, also by the wonderfully awesome Fractured Moonlight :-)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 12:15 AM
There's a stick toy from simslice here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 5:40 PM
Thank you! :-D I knew I'd seen a stick toy somewhere (and possibly even had it in my game at one point) but I just couldn't find it anywhere! Thanks for the link :-)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 9:08 PM
I already downloaded the puddles last night night and was going to post it here this morning, ninja'd! I'm checking PBK regularly now to see what new goodies they have out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 10:36 PM
Every time I see cool stuff you guys have found at PBK it really really makes me want to create a medieval hood. Unfortunately I have no idea how to limit the generated townies in a hood to use only specific clothing / hair options.

Downloading the pet pools. :D

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 10:54 PM
You stop townies by using empty templates. However I actually have the regular townies in my medieval hood, with the aim of making them over.
I'm finding them rather amusing, especially down at the tavern.

I've banned all royalty and noble ladies after the queen tried to propose engagement to some local. The beer keg has quite an effect.
The seamstress is slowly making them over and a few also wear defaults like the shocked one in green. The garden club like to streak.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 11:01 PM
that's what default replacements are for.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wert700
that's what default replacements are for.

Don't want to replace stuff for all hoods, just one.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 4:11 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 4th Mar 2015 at 4:23 AM.
I just wait until they come into the dress shop and have the owner click on the rack and select 'Suggest outfit for'. Then if they may refuse or agree. The townie goes over, thinks and grabs some clothes at which point a window opens and you get to select the outfit. The townie then goes to the till and after paying spins into their new clothes. The owner also has a makeover chair behind a screen and I have her 'offer free makeover to' and go do their hair and makeup if they need it. That all came with the game.

Of course if i don't feel like doing that I can also click on the eyesore I mean townie and select 'gussy up'. That is by Christianlov and gets added to every sims pie menu. That will allow you to change clothes, change appearance and even change facial sculpt. The facial sculpt is not genetic just cosmetic.

With the defaults, this is why my medieval hood is in a separate sims 2 folder. it's very easy to do, just rename your sims 2 folder eg 'The Sims 2 Old', run your game and it will make you another 'The Sims 2 folder' Then change it's name to Sims medieval or something and make a Download folder and go to town on the defaults. Any downloads in there are separate from your other Sims 2 folder. Depending what hood I want to play I simply rename the folder to 'The Sims 2' before loading up. The game only reads the folder called 'The Sims 2' while the folder you don't want to be read change to something else.
I have The Sims 2 medieval, The Sims 2 Modern and The Sims 2 Old. I just delete the 'medieval', 'Old' or 'Modern' off the end of whichever one I want to load up. I'm actually playing my medieval game right now.

Edit: I uploaded the archive to my box. https://app.box.com/s/vgci2fap9caho534c1omoiivwxu5whho That has quite a few files in it, look for closset gussy up.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 12:19 AM
Never thought about renaming the folder, that's pretty awesome. And thanks for the link to your files, I'll poke at them when I have more time. Medieval Sims, here I come!

Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
Every time I see cool stuff you guys have found at PBK it really really makes me want to create a medieval hood. Unfortunately I have no idea how to limit the generated townies in a hood to use only specific clothing / hair options.

Downloading the pet pools. :D

You don't necessarily have to have a medieval hood to use all the goodies at PBK. My really poor sims use a lot of the stuff from PBK in my regular hood.

For example that pet pool could be placed in the back yard of that small shack in Pleasantview, on a farm, or in a trailer park.