Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 1:57 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim counts as married even though she's not
Okay, so, I have Ultimate Collection. I sent Tracy Bar (Pleasantview townie) off to college, and apparently she got married sometime, because A: she is wearing a diamond ring B: she can arrange a honeymoon instead of the usual vacation C: she can't get engaged to people. However, she never got married. But for some reason the game thinks that she did. How do I fix this?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 3:20 AM
Good evening,
Perhaps if you downloaded SimPE, you can check her relationships, and modify them as needed. I suspect that this is a game glitch, although someone with more technical expertise may have to furnish you with more information.
Hope I at least helped...somewhat
Theorist
#3 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 3:21 AM
Was she a sim you made into a townie as that name is not one I recognize. She's not a standard Pleasantview townie. I've been playin with all 30 of them, just them, so I'm familiar with their names :P. (Just had a thought .. do foreign games have different names for the base game townies? Or does everyone get Abhijeet, Goopy, and Komei, to name just a few.)

Sorry, back to your issue ... did you check what it says for her in SimPE?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Was she a sim you made into a townie as that name is not one I recognize. She's not a standard Pleasantview townie. I've been playin with all 30 of them, just them, so I'm familiar with their names :P. (Just had a thought .. do foreign games have different names for the base game townies? Or does everyone get Abhijeet, Goopy, and Komei, to name just a few.)

Sorry, back to your issue ... did you check what it says for her in SimPE?

Huh, that's weird, I was sure she was a Pleasantview townie, as I didn't create her. She doesn't show up on the wiki either, maybe she was generated.

I don't have SimPE, and I'm kind of hesitant to install it as I don't really need it.
Theorist
#5 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 4:18 AM
SimPE is actually very handy to have. It's external. You do not put it in your downloads as it doesn't go IN your game. It is a program that uses the information your game generates. You can not be in SimPE and in the game at the same time since they both use the same data. SimPE has LOTS of uses and functions. To name just a few basic ones that are used often by most (who have it) are:
- checkin Sims data
- checking and/or changin Sims genetics
- extracting a CAS or in-game born Sim

Don't be scared of it.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 4:47 AM
If you have a downtown attached to this hood, she may be a downtownie, which always have different names. If you posted a picture somebody might recognize her, though that would probably not help figuring out the glitch.

However, random setting or unsetting of inappropriate flags is one of the errors that happens when the game hiccups sometimes. SimPE (and other editing tools) are handy to have as they allow you to fix some problems even when you don't know the cause, and they can make researching exactly what happened a lot easier, too.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#7 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 12:32 PM
Probably not very helpful but wearing a diamond ring and can book a honeymoon means she's engaged not married.
Theorist
#8 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 1:46 PM
There is an option to clear relationships on the batbox (not sure of exact wording). I had that problem when one of the bin family's adult female died and the couple were still linked as married. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Inventor
#9 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 6:55 PM
do foreign games have different names for the base game townies?

They sure do. In my game they get Dutch names and surnames.

Quote: Originally posted by enjoysMusic11
I don't have SimPE, and I'm kind of hesitant to install it as I don't really need it.

If you had it installed, you could check her data to see what's the deal with her marriage/engagement or whatever is going on with her.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
There is an option to clear relationships on the batbox (not sure of exact wording). I had that problem when one of the bin family's adult female died and the couple were still linked as married. (:

Yes - I was going to say doesn't the SimBlender do something like this too?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#11 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjampenning
They sure do. In my game they get Dutch names and surnames...

Are these the Base Game townies? Or those added by the other EP's?
No Goopy GilsCarbo's or Sandy Brunty's for you then huh?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 11:37 PM

I do have Goopy and Sandy, and I am using Ultimate Collection.

By the way, what exactly is the option in the Batbox named?
Inventor
#13 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 12:37 AM

Nope.
Googled on what they would be called in my game. (I am not that familiar with the names of townies since I mostly play my own.)
Sandy in Dutch is named: Sandra Bruutje >> http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Sandy_Bruty
And Goopy is called: Goofy Kardinaal >> http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Goopy_GilsCarbo
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 2:19 AM Last edited by enjoysMusic11 : 19th Jan 2017 at 2:20 AM. Reason: Pressed enter when I didn't need to. Also clarification.

Here she is, without any makeup (she may have appeared with some, though) and with the hair she started out with. I'm pretty sure at this point that she was randomly generated. I do have default replacements for both skin and eyes. Tracy has medium skin and green eyes.