Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 10:52 PM
Default Mod to increase meal quality in restaurants?
I think it's ridiculous that my sims can't ever get a great meal in restaurants. Is there a mod that increases the quality of meals in Dine Out restaurants - I mean restaurants that are not owned/operated by any of my sims? Or a mod that lets you change the skill level of NPC sims - if I could give the chef some cooking skill, that might fix the problem. I've been searching ever since the Dine Out pack came out, but haven't found anything. TIA for any help!
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kristelrobin
I think it's ridiculous that my sims can't ever get a great meal in restaurants. Is there a mod that increases the quality of meals in Dine Out restaurants - I mean restaurants that are not owned/operated by any of my sims? Or a mod that lets you change the skill level of NPC sims - if I could give the chef some cooking skill, that might fix the problem. I've been searching ever since the Dine Out pack came out, but haven't found anything. TIA for any help!

You're on the right track. When in proximity to NPC chef, with debug chests activated, hold down Shift key and click on chef. You will have same options to alter all homestyle and gourmet skills to max, and also give the NPC a host of buyable traits to further enhance their cooking abilities.

Same for bar staff. Plus if you give the bar staff the buyable Potion Master trait, you can also order potions while at bars and nightclubs. Stick my Impeccable foods and Excellent drinks mods on top of that, any ye shall have top quality grub and booze wherever your sims do go.
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
You're on the right track. When in proximity to NPC chef, with debug chests activated, hold down Shift key and click on chef. You will have same options to alter all homestyle and gourmet skills to max, and also give the NPC a host of buyable traits to further enhance their cooking abilities.

Same for bar staff. Plus if you give the bar staff the buyable Potion Master trait, you can also order potions while at bars and nightclubs. Stick my Impeccable foods and Excellent drinks mods on top of that, any ye shall have top quality grub and booze wherever your sims do go.

This won't help. One of the patches about 3 months prior to the OP broke the quality of food for restaurant chefs so it is always poor or normal unless you own the restaurant so you can use the most expensive ingredients with chefs with maxed out cooking skill lines, and that is just to avoid having poor food and it still doesn't work all the time. To date Maxis still hasn't fixed this bug.