Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 4:52 PM
I always use the bathroom one, fertility treatment (my sims have a lot of kids), never dull, long distance friend.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 9:45 PM
Inheritance. Who wouldn't want a nice infusion of about $30K?

But that's after I give them Simmunity, and for Sims in professions, I give them the related rewards first.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Field Researcher
#28 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 10:31 PM
I used to like No Bills Ever and all of my older sims in the bin have it, but don't use it anymore because I find it's way too easy for sims to get rich fast. I like them to start out with a little and work their way up.

Ones that I always use with every sim are Fast Learner, Dirt Defiant, Long Distance Friend, Meditative Trance Sleep.

Other favorites are the career related ones, above reproach, no jealous, and age freeze. If they have pets I'll get those too, or fertility treatment if I want a big family.
Spice Pony
#29 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 11:19 PM Last edited by ewenk7 : 28th Apr 2014 at 11:23 PM. Reason: typo
There are a few that I consider mandatory to get immediately, with cheats if necessary:

-Long-Distance Friend. Because in real life, you don't stop being friends with someone if you don't see them for a week.

-(If playing vampires) Immortal. Because contrary to what the Twilight hatedom will tell you, there is little-to-no precedence in mythology for vampires reacting negatively to sunlight. The immortality is nice, too, of course.

-(If playing a polyamourous family) No Jealousy and Above Reproach. (Honestly, I often get them regardless, because the things the game considers "cheating" are just ridiculous.)

-(If playing ghosts) Age Freeze Potion. Because seriously, ghosts don't get old and die. That's ridiculous.

-(If playing mermaids) Permanent Mermaid. Because I'm lazy.
One Minute Ninja'd
#30 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elledee
I used to like No Bills Ever and all of my older sims in the bin have it, but don't use it anymore because I find it's way too easy for sims to get rich fast. I like them to start out with a little and work their way up.

Truth is, given how easy it is to make money in the game, I give my sims harder bills by increasing the tax on the active lot in Twallan's Story Progression. So I would agree, No Bills Ever can really bite you in the butt.

Another one I see folks seem to like is the Steel Bladder one, which is another I never use. I mean, really, it's just not natural to NEVER go to the bathroom. I do remember in AM, though, some setting that allowed it to work as a once in a while, like a once a day need, which was at least a LITTLE realistic, but not having AM anymore, I'd rather have them take a break for a quick run to the can than think of them forever stopped up.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 6:19 AM Last edited by RoseCity : 29th Apr 2014 at 3:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Another one I see folks seem to like is the Steel Bladder one, which is another I never use. I mean, really, it's just not natural to NEVER go to the bathroom. I do remember in AM, though, some setting that allowed it to work as a once in a while, like a once a day need, which was at least a LITTLE realistic, but not having AM anymore, I'd rather have them take a break for a quick run to the can than think of them forever stopped up.

In my first sim game, I got Steel Bladder for my sim family all at once and none of them ever needed to use a toilet again ever. I could have removed all the toilets from their house, but I kept one for guests. So, I never got Steel Bladder again because it was too disturbing.

I don't use Lifetime Rewards much anymore - probably because in the beginning I never 'cheated' or used mods, so the Lifetime Rewards were something I strove for, but now I don't care because I make the story any way I want it to be. I still get Long Distance Friend (because that whole friend thing is so annoying) and sometimes No Jealousy if it's applicable to the story.
Test Subject
#32 Old 1st May 2014 at 12:26 PM
Steel Bladder, Fast skills,
Scholar
#33 Old 3rd May 2014 at 10:09 PM
Steel Bladder
Long distance friend
Hardly Hungry
Carefree
Dusty Old Lamp
Immortal
Age Freeze
No Bills Ever
Scholar
#34 Old 3rd May 2014 at 10:13 PM
1. Steel Bladder
2. Fast Learner
3. No Bills Ever (So the repo man won't show up - I often leave my Sims alone for days [sim days], and stupid EA doesn't give an option for them to pay autonomously).

I used to like No Jealousy, but NRaas takes care of that these days.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 6th May 2014 at 11:04 PM
1. No Bills Ever: I'm forgetful sometimes
2. Collection Helper (If I can spare): I don't wanna spend 3 hours looking for rocks
3. Observant: Looking for potential mates
4. Fertility Treatment: What's an only child?
5. Never Dull: Find out as much information as possible
6. Long Distance Friend: I don't have time to hang out with 10 people weekly
7. Above Reproach: The game likes to have NCPs cheat with my sims constantly
8. Honorary Degree: because I find the University life really tedious if you just want a pay increase

I'm not clumsy, objects just get in my way!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 6th May 2014 at 11:38 PM
Dusty Old lamp.
Why? because I'm too lazy to spend days upon days earning money, when I could just earn the lifetime points to get that and then use all three wishes for Wealth.
£300k Simoleans just like that. Plus a new friend if you want one. Lol.
Scholar
#37 Old 8th May 2014 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StupidFlanders
They all kind of suck.

....and you win a hundred dollars!!

(*whispers* My answer, too, BTW)
Page 2 of 2