Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 3:47 PM
Default Sims 4 for Mac
EA have stated that they are creating the Sims 4 for both PC and mac users.

They released both versions of Sims 3 at the same time, do you think they will do the same for Sims 4? I'm a mac user and would hate to wait even longer for this game!

More free Sims 2 downloads at Alyssa's Sims 2 Blog!
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 11:34 PM
I hope they give you a version that actually runs on mac, this time, and not the pc version with another CIDER wrapper.
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
I hope they give you a version that actually runs on mac, this time, and not the pc version with another CIDER wrapper.

Agree. Cider is a nightmare. If they use Cider again for mac, I will not be buying it.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 1:49 AM
I gave up on fighting for years to make TS3 run on my Mac and finally partitioned it with Windows 7 last year. Should have done it years ago.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetswami77
I gave up on fighting for years to make TS3 run on my Mac and finally partitioned it with Windows 7 last year. Should have done it years ago.

I'm really reluctant to partition but it sounds like I might have to

More free Sims 2 downloads at Alyssa's Sims 2 Blog!
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 5:31 AM
I hope it'll actually work cause I'm getting a Macbook soon and I need to know if Sims 4 on mac won't be a problem. But I do know you can get a dual desktop on the mac so you can have both windows and osx on one laptop.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th May 2014 at 12:24 PM
I hope they do.

All of the games run so much better on my Macbook, but I have a Windows laptop that runs my Sims right now, because I had TS3 before my Mac.

With SimCity they took almost an extra year to release the OSX version, but they gave it to you free on release if you had bought the PC version already.
One Minute Ninja'd
#8 Old 13th May 2014 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Natashenka
With SimCity they took almost an extra year to release the OSX version, but they gave it to you free on release if you had bought the PC version already.

As someone who never bought into SimCity (and doesn't typically run stuff on a Mac anyway), is the OSX version they finally released a native program, or does it also run in a wrapper? Curious if they did the right thing after making you wait a year.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th May 2014 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
As someone who never bought into SimCity (and doesn't typically run stuff on a Mac anyway), is the OSX version they finally released a native program, or does it also run in a wrapper? Curious if they did the right thing after making you wait a year.

I'm assuming native means fully OSX and not the PC version converted? If so then it's completely native, it's a completely recoded version. They were originally going to release it a month after the PC release, but they had major bugs. They said they could have released it like they did with the Sims for PC/OSX, but they wanted it as a full recoded OSX version. I'm very impressed with it, it was definitely worth the wait.
Test Subject
#10 Old 17th May 2014 at 12:43 AM
I hope they release it at the same time. I don't want to have to wait weeks or months. Sims 3 runs fine with high settings on my retina macbook, so a native sims 4 version will probably be even better.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 17th May 2014 at 7:18 PM
Did TS3 not work well on Macs? It seemed to work just fine on mine...
Field Researcher
#12 Old 17th May 2014 at 7:25 PM
I'm pretty sure they will. But hey if they don't, you can always stop being stubborn and use Windows like everybody else. Meaning no offense, just making a point.