Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:27 PM
Default Bringing the Toddlers to Sims 4 back
I'm sorry, but I don't know the correct section to post this.
I was sorta like doing my biology homework yesterday about details of human aging and got this idea:
We can actually re-introduce toddlers with a good programmer, animator, and modeler.
The idea is: We shift the teen age up instead of young adult,removing YA (It's like adult exactly)
Then move child up instead of where teen was supposed to be
Then finally we got our modeler and animator do the model modifications and animating, while the programmer does the toddler interactions.

I know this is a far-fetched forlorn hope, but I'm thinking if we where able to do it, it will be more than epic!

I have a bit of expertise in programming, but not that much when referring to the Sims,
So if we have somebody who excels in Sims modding or programming, and an animator and a modeler, please report...

Thanks for Listening.

Do I need to have a signature?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:02 PM
I think this whole toddler thing is overrated, it won't save the game because it's already so slim
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:43 PM Last edited by Deestar : 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:08 PM.
I don't see this happening .. for several reasons

1. Programming an entire new life stage would require access to the source code which modders just don't have without backwards engineering the programming which is against EA's EULA .
2. We have barely figured out how to mod the game .. XML and core mods for the game are still in their infancy and we are nowhere near ready to create new animations, careers, or an entire new lifestage (which well we have never done for any Sims game).
3. The tools for creating recolors, and new meshes are still basically barely out of the alpha testing stage for CAS recolors, and meshes and we have yet to figure out object meshing and recolors or how to make well Functional Objects like the things we would need for a new lifestage like toddlers.
4.Not to mention the whole issue of then your life stages are borked when they bring in a University EP AGAIN!
5. How many people really know Python (something which you need to know to mod the game) or Blender (since most of us used Milkshape to mesh new objects, animations etc for Sims1, 2 and 3 ).. since you would need those to create toddler animations, objects, clothing, hair etc.

Just simply accept toddlers are not a part of the game... at least not until EA releases a "Toddlers and Pre-Teens" EP for 49.99 USD plus tax... not to say it would not be nice but it isn't going to happen... we didn't manage to master creating new life states in Sims 1, 2, or 3 and we probably won't for Sims 4 either. What you suggest is appears simple but it really isn't even if you are a coding genius...
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:53 PM
I was hoping they could integrate Toddler life span as well. I mean that is a huge leap from Infant to child. and a very quick leap at that. Even on a Long lifespan. I do indeed miss the adventures of playing with a toddler. So far childhood is lackluster. There is nothing for them to do. I would hope that they would also give some interactions for children as well. Like playing tag or laying outside, Catching butterflies. Anything other than household toys and a phone to play games on. I guess they figure kids are like this now so lets take out what kids "Used" to do. But I totally understand where you wanted the toddler and hope they bring it back, but I think that chance is slim even though there are tons of complaints about it.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:39 PM
Highly unlikely considering what we're seeing of TS4 modding right about now. You mention that you want someone to animate these toddlers but afaik people still don't know how to do custom animations on a basic level yet, let alone animate idles and interactions for an entire life stage.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:10 PM
That sounds like a lot of work for something modders don't get paid for, for something we should get in a free update anyway considering the price tag on this game is a small fortune.
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:11 PM
The big issue is that all the animations would need to be added for interaction with all objects and Sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:43 PM
Thanks for all the replies, I understand, I thought it would be as easy as ArmA modding, but...let's accept the reality, and again thanks for listening and replying.

And now, let's find a way to return pools! (Na, Just Kidding)

Do I need to have a signature?
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 4:44 AM
I really think the if the creators would put their minds to it toddler could and should be put back into the game, because in real life you do not see a baby being born and than grow into a child. There is a rhythm to life.
Instructor
#10 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kathyhansen85
I really think the if the creators would put their minds to it toddler could and should be put back into the game, because in real life you do not see a baby being born and than grow into a child. There is a rhythm to life.

Well, you also don't go from being a ten-year old to being, like, eighteen.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 2:32 PM
it's the sims 4... it aint even worth the effort
Instructor
#12 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 4:38 PM
Wow I just realized this game came out 2 years ago.
Instructor
#13 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pikeman101
Well, you also don't go from being a ten-year old to being, like, eighteen.

Adolescence is from 11 to 19, prepubescence is 3-11.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 10:52 PM
And some people stay a child forever.
Instructor
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 8:33 AM
I don't know if it could be done. A life stage isn't something modders have been able to tackle before and yes I agree because not having enough access to the files. There is another petition going on for toddlers found here: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sims-4-toddlers
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 3:16 PM
EA as made a game for YA's partying. They don't care what users want. Just buy whatever they put out and be happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Instructor
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bur1440
EA as made a game for YA's partying. They don't care what users want. Just buy whatever they put out and be happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thing is that they didn't even do a good job with that. They made a game about awkardly dancing in lifeless clubs with random ugly townies and... uh? Not much else.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 7:17 PM
Well, personally... I HATE the toddler life stage. HATE it. I play more Sims 4 than 3 because of that. Personally? A-Okay with not having toddlers. I'd prefer, if there were toddlers added, they be optional.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neontardis
Well, personally... I HATE the toddler life stage. HATE it. I play more Sims 4 than 3 because of that. Personally? A-Okay with not having toddlers. I'd prefer, if there were toddlers added, they be optional.

I don't hate it with capital letters or anything like that....but I agree with you. However, this seems to be the unpopular opinion.
I like playing teen and young adult sims, mostly. And I don't need toddlers at all. *nods*
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oleander25
I don't hate it with capital letters or anything like that....but I agree with you. However, this seems to be the unpopular opinion.
I like playing teen and young adult sims, mostly. And I don't need toddlers at all. *nods*

I've noticed that actual parents or people with younger siblings (like me, my brother is 5) tend to dislike toddlers more than other simmers.
Theorist
#21 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 12:03 AM
Toddlers have ALWAYS been optional. Even when they were in the previous versions of the game!

But even so, I don't think they would save this game either. The gameplay is just terrible and adding anything, even toddlers, is not likely to change that. I wish it would change the game enough to be playable for me, but I just don't see it happening. YMMV.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy