Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 2:16 AM
Default Terrain painting
I think I finally began figuring out terrain painting. I would like if some of you can give me a little constructive feedback before I commit to a making a world for upload. I have not uploaded any as I did not think my terrain looked good enough to bother.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 5:24 AM
Twenty views and nobody is willing to leave a quick critique?
Alchemist
#3 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 6:55 AM
Looks good to me. What type of world are you building? I'm guessing the sand is part of a beach.
Maybe add more rocks next to the existing one, it feels kinda lonely Some swamp grass would help too.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
dodgy builder
#4 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 7:51 AM
You should find your way to the feedback forum. create/creator forums/creator feedback/sims3 above.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Looks good to me. What type of world are you building? I'm guessing the sand is part of a beach.
Maybe add more rocks next to the existing one, it feels kinda lonely Some swamp grass would help too.

Just a test world I was using to see if I got close enough to figuring out the terrain painting. Thank you.
Scholar
#6 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 4:52 PM
The terrain paint looks pretty good in that screenshot. I personally find the sand section to be... a little blunt? It looks more like a cliff or a steep hill, but it's sand? Sure, it can go down to a beach, but it looks a bit abrupt to suddenly be sand. Maybe lower the opacity or give it a more smoother transition from grass/rock/whatever to sand.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
The terrain paint looks pretty good in that screenshot. I personally find the sand section to be... a little blunt? It looks more like a cliff or a steep hill, but it's sand? Sure, it can go down to a beach, but it looks a bit abrupt to suddenly be sand. Maybe lower the opacity or give it a more smoother transition from grass/rock/whatever to sand.

I should have mentioned to just look at the mountain terrain. The sand area was just playing around with some stuff, so yeah, it looks bad. I thank you for the input though and the compliment on the other paint.