Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 5:27 AM
Can't move sim in?
Whoops, yet another issue.

(Firstly, just want to say thanks to everyone's help in this thread and this thread. Both problems have been fixed, the first one with a mod, and the second with the realisation that there really wasn't anything wrong. All good guys, thanks.)

Just a simple one, really, not too extraordinary. My sim's in a relationship with Jenny Smith. Recently, my sim had kids with her and would like to move her in. Every time she tries, however, there isn't an option too. I've tried to move her in while on a date and also just while my sim's invited her over. Currently, there are 9 sims and a cat living in the house, and Jenny is still married to PT9. Is there something I need to do to be able to move her in (as well as Johnny Smith)? Or is it because the game still thinks I'm at the capacity of sims in a household, even though I have a mod? I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with mod conflicts as I'm sure my game would've showed signs of breaking a while ago. Maybe I'm wrong with this too?

Thanks again.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 7:07 AM
I think you will have to go to her house, move her out via the computer or newspaper and move her in from the sim bin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 7:40 AM
Thanks for the solution, but it appears I can't move in any sim at all. I have the 50 Sims in Household mod, but every time I try to move anyone in with a high relationship it doesn't allow them too. The option doesn't come up under "Propose..." as the only options are "Stay the Night" or "Give Pet...".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 7:56 AM
Have you tried merging from the bin? Just because propose move in doesn't work, doesn't mean the bin won't.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 8:00 AM Last edited by animated : 28th Nov 2015 at 7:08 PM.
I'll try merging, but I'm just a bit :/ as to why the option to move in doesn't work. I have the mod that allows up to 50 sims, as well as already having 9 sims in my household, so there's something up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 7:08 PM
Update: (Sorry for double-posting) Merging works, but it isn't really what I'd like to use here. Is there a reason why the option to move in doesn't show up, even when the sim is a romantic interest/love of my sim, yet I am able to have 9 people in my family? The last two additions were twins using a mod to choose the amount of babies at birth. Maybe the mod isn't working (and I'm unaware of it) and the game just pushed to allow 9 sims in the household. Is the Up to 50 Sims in Household mod outdated? I've switched out both versions of the mod (the EP4 version and the EP8 version) to see if one suddenly works but, nothing. I currently use the EP8 version. It's worked for me before. What should I do? It's very frustrating.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 7:28 PM
I would guess it's because the mod that allows for 50 sims per family carries out a routine that is different from the one that governs how many sims can move in. You are assuming (tacitly) that the measure is the same but that's not necessarily the case. It's quite likely that the move in routine says: how many sims are there living here? <counts> too many - ok don't show the option to move in any more sims. Whereas the 50 sims per household limit is a different routine which comes into effect when you move in from the neighbourhood. When it counts the sims, that's where it says 'ok less than 50'.

Also, you don't need to double post, you can edit your messages.

Also, shouldn't these threads be in help?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 8:04 PM
addneighborToFamilyCheat [on/off]
OFB Pets
Enables an interaction on non-controllable Sims to add them to your family.

Found in list of cheats in Wiki.
Instructor
#9 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 10:47 PM
you need to also have these in your userstartup and i use the mod that BO made http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....55858#msg155858
uintProp maxTotalSims 50
uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
uintProp maxTotalPets 15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 11:15 PM
There are a few larger household mods, but yes you do need the cheats in your user startup cheat file as well.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 12:43 AM
Okay, thanks everyone! Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll try putting the cheats in my userstartup file and hopefully it works. Is this only for merging or is it for moving in people too?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 12:48 AM
It's been so long since I moved someone in with more than 8 in the household that I can't remember. Mostly I get 8 more through births of sims or animals and then they end up moving out when they grow up. It may also depend on which larger Household mod you are using. I use this one: http://modthesims.info/d/250640 ep8 version.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It's been so long since I moved someone in with more than 8 in the household that I can't remember. Mostly I get 8 more through births of sims or animals and then they end up moving out when they grow up. It may also depend on which larger Household mod you are using. I use this one: http://modthesims.info/d/250640 ep8 version.

Yep! I use that one too, EP8 as well. After the suggestions given to me on the thread, I'm starting to think that maybe I need the user startup cheats for it to work, even though it says I only need it when merging sim families. Are you using the user startup cheats as well, and have got it to work?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 1:38 AM
I have the user start up cheats yes. It's been years since I moved anyone into such a large household as I said though. Mine come through births and move out again. It may be that moving in through ask is not possible, I really don't know.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 2:14 AM
Okay, thanks for your help!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 3:29 PM
To merge households from the bin you need this in your userstartup.
uintProp maxTotalSims 50
uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
uintProp maxTotalPets 15
(The top number must = to the bottom 2 for this to work.)

To ask a sim to move in you need a mod like BO's unlimited sims mod. "Alternative for LotFullOfSims, but without the conflicts, even allows natural twins on lots with more than 8 sims" http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7875.0

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158