Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 5th May 2018 at 9:55 AM Last edited by gummilutt : 29th Jul 2023 at 9:19 PM.
How could I possibly forget the shoes I was originally going to write "I better not be such a tease this time or Ellu will throw her pink shoes at me next time she passes by"

And yeah, she really is gorgeous. Just needs to realize it herself Got her off a blog a few years back, wish I could remember which one to give credit but no idea :/ Googled no cc Sims and found her that way. For some reason back then I thought she was kind of ordinary looking, hence the insecure about her looks personality. But I was dead wrong, she is quite the looker. And yes you are right Lulu Belle does have features of them both.

Henrik is taken, sadly But very funny you said that! Remember him, a little birdie tells me he may reappear in the story at a later stage But as I've said I really can't shut up about my Sims if given the slightest chance to talk about them, so for those interested here's a bonus-post with part of Henrik's story

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 5th May 2018 at 6:26 PM
Sally Mae didn't look like she minded having twins, but I don't think Billy Bob was convinced it was a good thing. Sally Mae used her trust fund money all for the babies, and didn't do anything for herself. I'm not sure Billy Bob would have done that. No, he went and got a dog, adding more expense and work to Sally Mae's life. She seems to thrive on it, though. Billy Bob has collapsed in a nervous heap on the floor, and he doesn't do near the work that Sally Mae does. As for Sally Mae's looks, sadly, it's not so unusual for an attractive girl to see herself as unattractive.

I do like Harley; I love a dog who will let the kids do anything and yet be tough enough to protect the family.

Sally Mae does appear to be slowly waking up to the reality of her daily existence, rather than the fantasy she had created for herself. It is never a good sign when your spouse isolates you from other people. Sure, he loosened up a little for the wedding and party, but I won't be surprised if it's a long time again before Sally Mae has much contact with the world outside the trailer.

The pictures are great, and several captured some really great expressions on Sally Mae's face. More of the kids would be good, especially as they grow up and develop their own personalities.

I love Alicia's hair and style. Henrick has a great style of his own, too. I can see why they are attracted to each other. You really can see the moment he falls for her in a more serious way. It can be fun to explore a situation with multiple partners in the same house. I had similar thing happen with some sims at Uni. Bethany had both Erik and Griffin constantly hitting on her, and she fell in love with them both. They had no jealousy of each other, even though she'd make out with one while the other was waiting around to make out with her. After graduation, the three of them moved in together and quite happy with their arrangement. Alicia did show a clear preference for Henrik while on vacation, though, so it looks like they both might be ready to settle down into a monogamous relationship. I like being surprised by sims now and then, and this was a pleasant surprise.
Space Pony
#28 Old 7th May 2018 at 12:59 AM
Okay, Henrik is very taken, I admit

Adorable story, loved the vacation pics the most, I would love to have a such an vacations IRL <3 (one can always dream, right? )

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 8th May 2018 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cher64
She seems to thrive on it, though.

I'm so glad you said that, because that is exactly how I feel. Somehow being surrounded by kids and constantly overworked suits her. She's a mom to the bones, and we all know moms make the world go round. They are superheros, and Sally Mae fits right in with the best of them. Always selfless, putting the needs of her kids ahead of her own.

Thank you for feedback on pictures, will include a bit more on the kids. Sadly don't seem to have that many of them individually as toddlers, but I'll make sure I start taking more of them next time I play them

I did debate having them in an open relationship like your Sims, but in the end it didn't feel like that's what they wanted. At least not then, we'll have to see how things progress but so far they seem very happy in their monogamous relationship I want to play a three-way couple at some point, but haven't found the right Sims yet Hope yours are happy living in their house together

Quote: Originally posted by Kukamuukaanmuka
(one can always dream, right? )

One sure can! I'd take a vacation with Henrik any day of the week Might post an update to their story at some point, I think you'd like some of it.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 13th May 2018 at 6:28 AM Last edited by gummilutt : 29th Jul 2023 at 9:27 PM.
Have been putting off posting an update in hopes MYP would come back up, but sounds like it's going to be a little while before it's back so I decided to stop postponing and get to it! Been looking forward to hearing what you guys think of Stoffe's adventures.

Stoffe Andersson

I think that's where I'm going to let things rest for now. Sorry for the short update, had a lot to do today and I didn't get as far as I hoped. But I don't want to keep postponing this update, so I figure I'll post what I have now and hopefully I can add some more after I get some sleep

Space Pony
#31 Old 14th May 2018 at 2:23 AM
LOL I feel you Rachel! totally do

But you Stoffe! one complain! You in there beeing cute with Vanessa, and nowhere in sight the vase she gave you??? DID you sell it?? Just a hint, put in the small side table or if you do not have one, buy it, and place the vase to it! So she can see how much you care about her and her gift

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 14th May 2018 at 2:58 AM Last edited by gummilutt : 29th Jul 2023 at 9:28 PM.
Stoffe wanted me to let you know that the vase is in sight, just not from that angle He may be rushing to make his fortune but he would never sell a gift from someone, that's just wrong! Even if it is worth 4000 simoleons
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#33 Old 15th May 2018 at 8:14 PM
Stoffe is not alone in thinking lots of money will bring him respect and admiration. I wish him luck with it, but hope he also realizes he doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. Basing your self-worth on externals like money, or the admiration of others, will eventually lead to disappointment.
I liked his date with Vanessa. Gotta love a girl who orders dessert for dinner. Also, it appears he's taught her his squatting dance technique.

I loved Rachel's tired look, too. It's been a long time, but I remember how mentally exhausting uni can be!

I got a kick out of the vase discussion.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 16th May 2018 at 10:04 AM Last edited by gummilutt : 16th May 2018 at 10:21 AM.
Stoffe is not alone in thinking lots of money will bring him respect and admiration. I wish him luck with it, but hope he also realizes he doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. Basing your self-worth on externals like money, or the admiration of others, will eventually lead to disappointment.
I liked his date with Vanessa. Gotta love a girl who orders dessert for dinner. Also, it appears he's taught her his squatting dance technique.

Very true, Stoffe's "affliction" is certainly a common one. And lol @ dessert for dinner and squatting dance technique xD

Finally have time to continue Stoffe's story

Stoffe Andersson

Hopefully ending things here won't cause another "NOOOOO" from Ellu

Lab Assistant
#35 Old 16th May 2018 at 4:04 PM
Your sims always seem so 'real'. Not to say my one don't, they do, but......I have never felt like this regarding someone else's sims(is that offensive in some way? I apologize if it is), and I am getting so invested in the lives of Stoffe, Sally-Mae and all others.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 16th May 2018 at 7:15 PM
In real life, there seem to be people like Stoffe, who get a week's worth of activity done in a day, and people like me, who can't figure out where all the time goes.

It certainly seems like Vanessa and Stoffe are a good match, since neither was particularly concerned that love be a primary factor in a relationship. Those kinds of relationships can work, but I think it's not easy. How appropriate to see the simolean signs right there with the wedding rings!

I have to say, it made me happy that Stoffe brought Matron along to meet Vanessa. Matron is so very caring about her wards, I like to know that they care about her, too.

I laughed out loud at Vanessa's little fall, especially with that expression on her face.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 16th May 2018 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pannisim
Your sims always seem so 'real'. Not to say my one don't, they do, but......I have never felt like this regarding someone else's sims(is that offensive in some way? I apologize if it is), and I am getting so invested in the lives of Stoffe, Sally-Mae and all others.

Thank you! That really made my day <3 I'm so so glad that you, and others, are enjoying reading about them. I love my simmies to death, so it's wonderful to see that other people like them too. They feel very real to me too, that is why I spent almost three years rebuilding my hood recreating their stories down to the smallest detail, after the original one got corrupted and became unplayable. A lot of people probably thought I was crazy, but they just don't feel like themselves without all of those things. And three years is no time at all to get my babies back :lovestruc

In real life, there seem to be people like Stoffe, who get a week's worth of activity done in a day, and people like me, who can't figure out where all the time goes.

Same here! I semi-believe those people must secretly have time turners or something. My days just fly by and so often hardly anything gets done

And yeah, the simoleon sign certainly fit right in. It made me really happy too when she was the friend he wanted to bring, it was such a sweet moment. Since then I've made sure Stoffe keeps in better touch with her, since she's clearly very important to him. They email regularly, and sometimes he'll invite her over for lunch. The fall made me laugh out loud too. Before her I didn't even know Sims could fall when dancing, but she did it quite frequently until she eventually learned enough dancing to stop falling

Test Subject
#38 Old 16th May 2018 at 9:52 PM
I know that this is under The Sims 2, but I'm doing a Random Legacy Challenge right now for The Sims 4.
Space Pony
#39 Old 17th May 2018 at 3:08 AM Last edited by Kukamuukaanmuka : 18th May 2018 at 2:29 AM. Reason: SIRI!!! not Sally MAe!!! darn..
NO NO NO! (did not said "NOOOOO" )

Hoodpick again! Please, Caroline...

Quote:
Some of you asked if matron keeps in touch with kids once they leave

That was me So lovely Stoffe brought Lena!!!

BUT, Vanessa, why so shallow? You really should accept his family like it is. As the orphanage IS his family, or at least was once... and will be forever in his heart.

And spending a LOTS of money to YOUR own good. Besides of inviting Lena over ONLY because she sort of saved your life, is there anything at all what is NOT selfish you have done? I dont see any.

EDITED TO ADD: Siri's cabin? today? tomorrow? YESTERDAY???

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#40 Old 17th May 2018 at 10:09 AM
Hoodpick again! Please, Caroline...

I'm sorry!!! I know I am mean. I was going to end on the first picture in their new house but it would have spoiled something later on and I didn't want that. At least this time you can actually see the exterior of the house and not just a bunch of trees

And yeah, shallow really is the leading word in Vanessas character. She likes beautiful things, but hasn't understood that with people there's more to it than just the outward appearance. Nor has she understood that some things matter more than the appearance you are giving off to the world. But she's born in a group of society where being a snob is mandatory, so not too surprising she turned out as she did.

As for cabins, I think some bird chirped something about that on today's to-do list

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 17th May 2018 at 5:00 PM
Sorry about the double-post. I figured it's high time I show you guys what Siri's cabin is like. I had planned to share the next update today and now Ellu hinted at me I better do it too! Before we get to Siri update, I thought it might be nice to show a picture of the hood as a whole.

Simville is a very suburban city. South of the river we have the city core and a more residential area. The two areas are divided by the central road coming down from the bridge, which is the street the orphanage is one. The city core has malls and community lots and apartments, whereas the eastern side is occupied by residential houses. On the northern side side, right by the bridge we have the second city core, with a cluster of apartment complexes next to a variety of community lots. The rest of the northern side of the hood is where the richer families reside. Bigger houses with bigger yards, more space between houses.

Siri Kim-Sjöström
A quick recap since it's been a little while. When we left Siri she had been abducted by aliens resulting in a pregnancy. Her parents were initially angry and sad, and confused as to what had happened. Tom decided that the best thing for Siri would be to be hidden from society so she didn't have to face society's judgment and ridicule, for being a teen mother and having a not-normal-baby. He found a cottage in forest outside of town, once used by forest rangers but since the invention of cars and helicopters abandoned and forgotten. He smuggled Siri out there, and faked her death in a kitchen fire.

to be continued....

Space Pony
#42 Old 18th May 2018 at 3:38 AM
FIRST, I deeply am sorry, I said Sally Mae when I ment Siri. Totally by accident, it was over 4am here :D

About Tom, I so knew it. Not just the "best way for Siri to be not judged by people".. actually I believe it was the best way to HIM to not beeing judged by other people. Not like he is shallow, he is (imo) just too old fashioned and cannot accept anything new.. reminds me of my late dad, as much I loved him he would of felt JUST like Tom

Sessan, (lol I was suprised I knew about the princess part, I am not swedish, Madeleine came to my mind, heh, when I was a kid I allways preferrred her over Victoria) you better enjoy your life as long as you can... as when Isamu is a toddler, he will hug you so much you will not want a single hug in your catlife EVER again :lovestruc

About Sigrid.. there was something.. or I only imagined it.. something I cannot believe Tom has done.. maybe just a tiny detail in the cabin..I lost the red string..

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 18th May 2018 at 11:24 PM
FIRST, I deeply am sorry, I said Sally Mae when I ment Siri. Totally by accident, it was over 4am here :D

About Tom, I so knew it. Not just the "best way for Siri to be not judged by people".. actually I believe it was the best way to HIM to not beeing judged by other people. Not like he is shallow, he is (imo) just too old fashioned and cannot accept anything new.. reminds me of my late dad, as much I loved him he would of felt JUST like Tom

Sessan, (lol I was suprised I knew about the princess part, I am not swedish, Madeleine came to my mind, heh, when I was a kid I allways preferrred her over Victoria) you better enjoy your life as long as you can... as when Isamu is a toddler, he will hug you so much you will not want a single hug in your catlife EVER again :lovestruc

About Sigrid.. there was something.. or I only imagined it.. something I cannot believe Tom has done.. maybe just a tiny detail in the cabin..I lost the red string..

Exactly! That's very much what he is, not shallow but old-fashioned values and not entirely up to date with where society is now. He sort of means well, but he doesn't necessarily do well and is more selfish than he realizes. He reminds me of my dad too. But how could you possibly prefer Madeleine to Victoria! (For those not Swedish or living near Sweden, princess Victoria is our crown princess and princess Madeleine is her younger sister)

I imagine Sessan will take refuge in the forest once Isamu hits toddler. He is one seriously active lively baby, and I suspect once he can move he's going to be all over the place. Run run for your life Sessan

Very curious now what it is you spotted. I hope you'll tell me eventually :lovestruc

Field Researcher
#44 Old 19th May 2018 at 5:42 PM
Tom really did think of everything when he set up the cottage. There is nothing Siri could need that won't be there, except companionship. I wonder if there will be a time when Tom can't submerge his feeilngs under activity, and faces the loss of his daughter. Because this is pretty close to having really lost her in a fire -- no contact at all. Sigrid may suspect this will eventually happen, and maybe that's part of why she was so agreeable to the plan. She also seems like she might be cheating a bit on the "no contact" thing, and who can blame her. So far, there seems to be no plan for when Siri's child gets older and needs schooling, and friends, and non-solitary activities. It will be interesting to see how Siri handles that, especially since he does appear to have above-normal intelligence and curiousity for a baby.

Great update; I'm enjoying this storyline.
#45 Old 19th May 2018 at 7:36 PM
awww that's the alien skin default ive been searching for but can't remember who made it is it lilith or umm shoot forget the other one who does complete sets.

Man all these involved hoods make me want to start one up again
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 20th May 2018 at 1:18 AM
I wonder if there will be a time when Tom can't submerge his feeilngs under activity, and faces the loss of his daughter. Because this is pretty close to having really lost her in a fire -- no contact at all.

Stay tuned

To be fair I'd say most of the efficiency of the cabin is Sigrid's doing. She was the one to suggest the sowing machine, and the one to make sure there would be toys and items needed for Isamu as he grows up. Tom did come up with the sprinkler system and the books/chess table. He's not really used to thinking about what a home needs to function, or about long term child care. Him and Sigrid have very old fashioned gender roles so he mainly makes sure car works and that the appliances get fixed when broken (though Sigrid will call the repairman if Tom is at work). Cooking, cleaning, laundry, buying clothes and making a home a home is not something he notices or understands. It is sweet of Tom he thought to bring a chess table since playing chess together was their thing, I imagine it was his way to try and add some of his presence to the cottage. But the rest is all Sigrid

Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
awww that's the alien skin default ive been searching for but can't remember who made it is it lilith or umm shoot forget the other one who does complete sets.

It's Pyxis turn on me set from GoS.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#47 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 11:41 PM
Haven't been in a sims mood lately so I'm sorry for the slow update, but today I came across something that made me excited again so I decided it's high time to post the next update on this story

Sally Mae and the Sawyer family

To be continued...

Space Pony
#48 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 1:26 AM Last edited by Kukamuukaanmuka : 2nd Jun 2018 at 1:59 AM. Reason: STOFFE
Oh Billy Bob, worried you should be!!! And a BIG time!

You really did dissapointed me, Billy Bob.

I was wishing that even so idiot as you would think of best of ALL your children, not only the Jr! (and even with him you must of thinkin dying his hair to black! )

And i love so much Lulu Belle, she will be stunning!

Oh and yep, hehe I did saw those retaken BD pics :D

EDIT: Will Stoffe play any rule in Sally Maes future???????

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 9:54 PM
I was wishing that even so idiot as you would think of best of ALL your children, not only the Jr! (and even with him you must of thinkin dying his hair to black! )

He probably is, and he's certainly grumpy that the ONE time he got a son it takes after Sally Mae xD Hair-wise anyway, he did get daddy's tiny eyes. Sally Mae would never agree to dye hair though, not on a toddler. She may give in to most things, but when it comes to her kids she's a tough cookie.

EDIT: Will Stoffe play any rule in Sally Maes future???????

Let's just say there's a reason I am sharing these three stories simultaneously

Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
He probably is, and he's certainly grumpy that the ONE time he got a son it takes after Sally Mae xD Hair-wise anyway, he did get daddy's tiny eyes. Sally Mae would never agree to dye hair though, not on a toddler. She may give in to most things, but when it comes to her kids she's a tough cookie.

Let's just say there's a reason I am sharing these three stories simultaneously

@gummilutt I did some catching up on your posts about your sims. I love reading about your sims, eh I love reading about everyone's sims. lol. Well at least when I am not mourning.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.

Page 2 of 4