Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 4:28 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 5:09 PM.
Default The Rainbow Challenge
This was posted in the TS3 Challenges forum, but I thought it should be here as well.

From LiveJournal:

Quote:
What’s this all about then The Rainbow Challenge is a legacy challenge aimed at those who do not like following the general legacy rules. No restrictions on aspiration, money or even a point system here. It’s all about just getting creative and having fun. That said, there are a few rules…

The Rules

1. Each generation must correspond to a specific colour on the colour wheel. We only used primary and secondary colours for this to keep it simple. The generation allocation is as follows:

2. You can choose how many generations you would like to attempt, there are 3 possibilities:
- 3 Generations (the primary colours: yellow, red & blue)
- 8 Generations (the primary and secondary colours)
- 10 Generations (bonus black and white rounds for those who don’t want to let go yet)

3. You can choose any shade of a particular color, from dark to screaming bright to pastel. As long as the colour is identifiable, it’s A-okay with us.

4. The allocated colour must be obvious in each generation, but how you implement that is completely up to you. Anything goes, showing the colour through hair, make up, wardrobe, home décor, etc. So long as we can tell what colour generation you are on immediately, it’s all good.

5. The family surname should be the word “rainbow” in your native language (or if English is your native language, you can use the mirrored version of “Wobniar”). Also allowed is anything synonymous with rainbows in your part of the world (something from a legend or story, maybe a word you made up as a kid, whatever floats your boat).

6. Offspring for each generation should be named something that corresponds to the allocated colour for that generation. For example, for gen 3 (red), you could name your children Scarlet, Crimson, Heat, Strawberry, Blood-Count, etc. Have fun with it, feel free to go as crazy as you like.

7. We take no responsibility for any retina scarring that may occur due to overexposure to colour.

8. You can rearrange the rainbow we posted, and start with red and end with yellow if you so please.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 12:47 PM
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Engram
Full rules for TS2: http://community.livejournal.com/ra...egacy/tag/rules

Here's what the rules don't cover: so when the heir marries, is the guy supposed to be Mr. Red or Mr. Blue? Or it doesn't matter?
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 7:48 PM
Sounds like fun! I'd love to do a legacy, but I tend to use MaxMotives a lot and suchnot, so this challenge is like a themed legacy! I'll try that right now! :lovestruc

"Seriously... what the he**? I'm not going to dig graves for all of you. Okay, now what will I do with all of these corpses? Oh, there's a fire and I've fallen into a hole. Not my problem anymore!" (From MaskedHuzzah's Dragon Warrior III Let's Play)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 5:45 PM
Omg I Love This Challenge!
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 2:19 AM
Does the link to the full rules still work ?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xxzo

Didn't work for me...don't we need to know at least the GOAL/end point? I have lots of colored SKINS - but that would only work for the first generation,

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 5:29 PM
do we have to do exactly what colours the board tells us to?
Test Subject
#9 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 7:05 PM
waybackmachine link to lj rules
Quote: Originally posted by xxzo

The link to LJ doesnt work but there is a version working from waybackmachine: https://web.archive.org/web/2011011...egacy/tag/rules