Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 6:17 PM
I have that same passion to just download all the nice things I see in the wide interwebs!! Virtual shopping is the best. Free virtual shopping that is

But I usually keep 80% of my mods in separate folders far from the game itself, and I only use few mods in my actual game. Basically the game has only the mods that I use at that very moment, and I remove anything that I don't use, and then I add something new. It's a lot of effort, but so worth it.

Although, even when I have had tons of mods in my game at once, my game hasn't had a real problem running. The question for me is rather: is there a "bad" cc among all your mods? Because that's the thing that will fuck up the game instead how much. Quality, over quantity?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 12:48 AM
Well I had almost 900 mods in my TS4 and the game lagged just a little, but the problems was that my sim girl took too long to do a task or it took too long for the task to start and she wouldn't pick up any items, read a book or use the computer.
Scholar
#28 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 1:22 AM Last edited by pretenshus : 10th Nov 2016 at 1:39 AM.
Custom content was another one of the reasons I had to stop playing the sims 4. Eventually you get to this point where you realize you're downloading objects that the game should already have then you realize that its only going to get worse as you try to make up for what the game is lacking by trying to pack it with all this extra content.

But anyway I personally suggest packaging things and switching them in and out when you're desperate
Test Subject
#29 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 2:41 AM
Okay I figured it out. You can have about 509 mods in TS4 without it lagging. Had 899 and had to lose about 390 mods to get it back how it was before I put the mods in.
Instructor
#30 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 2:42 AM
over 9000!!!

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Theorist
#31 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 3:16 AM
I have 592 files and noticed the game starting to skip slightly in build mode. So, around that number.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 9:20 AM
^I don't know about that. Works for me smoothly in build mode even over that amount.
Theorist
#33 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 9:48 AM Last edited by Shoosh Malooka : 10th Nov 2016 at 10:53 PM.
It's only a frame hiccup every once in 30 minutes. Maybe it's a bad mod and I should clean out some unused files, but I'm too distracted playing with textures in Sims 4 Studio to want to do something about it. One or more of those files might be TS3 .package files. I try to be careful, but once they're in the mod folder there's no idea. That slight frame freeze wasn't there before, but I went nuts DLing rugs, walls, floors, drapes, and even entire sets for one object that would look just right after a little visit to photoshop. What is wrong with me? But it's an enjoyable activity.
Scholar
#34 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 2:29 AM
My laptop said "no, thanks" by giving me lag in live mode. (Before that point is reached loading times will increase, so you have a warning). It happened after I combined Winter Mod and Get together last year . That mod was 500 MB and I had about the same amount of other mods/cc.

I think mods are easier on a system than cc. No actual lore to back that claim up, just my gut feeling. A changed value in some xml only comes into play when the specific situation occurs, whereas the whole CAS and catalogue is loaded everytime the game loads. I had that problem in Sims 2: Game would run smoothly with mods galore. But when I dared buying an outfit or create a new sim, the game would crash on me next sunrise/sundown, because of all those high polygon outfits it had to load.
Test Subject
#35 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 8:53 PM
I'm up to 497 with an i 7 8 gb of ram and 2 terabyte hdd's sims installed on one mods on the other. Advice, as you add mods categorize them and remember to use conflict detector. I added a bunch at once at one point and then started freezing during load turned out wasn't a conflict at all to many duplicates. Have fun i just wish there was more as far as build mode stuff and mabie adding fun things from other games back like a privater servo unit or magic... the chemical stand that could turn you to a monster. id love to see madders develop more immersion mods sims has gone through 4 games theirs a history now. ive tried to dabble making mods years ago but with out a mentor to bounce ideas off of never got very far.
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 8:55 PM
no lag yet
Scholar
#37 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 10:03 PM
If you only have 2mods, and they conflict, you could get a load of lag. If you have 200 mods and they don't conflict, you could have no lag at all.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 3:47 AM
I have over 14,000 mods now since I last looked today and my game is awesome to me, I can deal with some glitches, but yeah....can u be more specific? There might be a conflict ion with your mods or you need to update something
Test Subject
#39 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 6:26 AM
Actually it's "recommended" by ea that you run the game "vanilla", meaning zero mods and zero custom content. Anything else will "break" your game.
Scholar
#40 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 7:01 AM
Not really, EA doesn't mind us using Mods, but if you do your on your own, Patches will never support third party content.
Scholar
#41 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chgalacher
Actually it's "recommended" by ea that you run the game "vanilla", meaning zero mods and zero custom content. Anything else will "break" your game.

EAxis doesn't support them. Big deal. Other game companies do (Bethesda - anyone?). If you know what you're doing and you're responsible in modding your game everything will be fine. If you can't be arsed to keep track of your mods and custom content as patches come out, well then that's a totally different story.

This makes me think of those vanilla players who act like they're superior because they don't use mods or custom content.
Test Subject
#42 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 8:26 PM
I was running around 8000 mods for quite a while. I just went on a mod spree last night and added another 1000 and now my game won't start. So I would say 8k might be the limit. I do have a very good PC and I run Sims 4 on Ultra. The only issue I've noticed with having so many mods is that it takes several minutes longer to startup.
Inventor
#43 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MedievalClaire
I was running around 8000 mods for quite a while. I just went on a mod spree last night and added another 1000 and now my game won't start. So I would say 8k might be the limit. I do have a very good PC and I run Sims 4 on Ultra. The only issue I've noticed with having so many mods is that it takes several minutes longer to startup.

Nope, 8k isn't a limit. I had much more before and game was starting up. Seems like you downloaded some outdated / broken stuff or they just conflict with each other.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 8:59 PM
This is a trick question: it doesn't take any mods for The Sims 4 to fuck itself up.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#45 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 12:59 PM
Simple. till the game updates. your fucked.
Scholar
#46 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 3:43 PM
Sims 4 mods generally play very well together, as long as they don't use the same resources. You can get some weird combinations, but as long as you keep track of what you already have and have a decent sense of what will go well together, it's fine. You do have to be sure that the mods are updated, otherwise you can get some silly results. But I have a decent amount of mods and I haven't experienced anything that wasn't patch related. Now, cc is another matter, but it strictly depends on two things 1. is the cc compatible with your game and 2. how much cc can your computer load into your RAM before it starts to cough uncontrollably. If it does, you have to ask yourself, do I really use all this crap?

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Page 2 of 2