Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2016 at 10:17 AM
Default Family bin moving issues.
When my family in the family bin, which i moved them into a lot. After the loading, the gui disappears and i had to close the window and tried again. Still it happens. Does anyone have this problem?
Advertisement
#2 Old 24th May 2016 at 4:38 PM
I had experienced GUI error sometimes when loading in buy/build mode, when some part of GUI and its icons were missing together with non-stop loading cursor, which forced me to minimize the game then task manager in background to kill the game then restarted the game again. Long time ago when I installed several EPs for experiment, I had experienced family bin error, the game always crashing after I moved any family from household bin into any lot, probably because of old or unsuitable patch.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2016 at 3:45 AM
I have Sims: 3 Pets and Into the Future. The reason why i wanted to move sims from family bin is because the former save of the family is ome sim is a murderer. As in Craig used guns to kill people. So i wanted to reset everything so everyone is alive. Then i had to recreate the family.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th May 2016 at 3:48 AM
Does family bin families have their inventory emptyd? Or they still keep their stuff in their inventory? Edit: sorry for wrong spellings.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th May 2016 at 5:59 PM
From my experience, if a family has stuff in their personal inventories when they're saved to the bin, then they'll still have those items when you place the family back into the world.

-sbugg
(If you're curious on how to pronounce my screen name, I pronounce it "ess-bug".)
Obsessed with the lives of virtual people who run to scream at fires since 2012.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th May 2016 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sbugg
From my experience, if a family has stuff in their personal inventories when they're saved to the bin, then they'll still have those items when you place the family back into the world.
OH! Is it because custom items in the inventory are causing it to happen?
Site Helper
#7 Old 27th May 2016 at 3:26 PM
It depends on the custom item. If you have one that is slightly broken or simply not working properly on your patch level, it can do all kinds of weird things. A mod could also be causing the problem. backup your game.

Temporarily remove your CC. (Note: this is Temporary. You will end up putting most, if not all, of it back later. This is why you made a backup of your game as it is now.)

Clear the appropriate caches (DCCache is NOT one of the appropriate caches. Dashboard has a function which can clear them for you.)

See if it works now. If it does, your CC has a bad file and you will need to go through the "Finding Problem CC" article found here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Custom_Content

If not, http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._3_Game_Problem will walk you through the steps to find and fix the problem.

And, if you discover that the problem is caused by one object in the inventory, you could always just decide to leave it behind when you move them, and then replace it when they arrive.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th May 2016 at 6:42 AM
Craig has a 2 guns in his inventory and changed bullet type using cheats.
Scholar
#9 Old 28th May 2016 at 8:25 AM
I recently had a problem where the portraits on the left side of the screen were missing after a couple of mine got married. I tried several things to bring them back, but the one thing that seemed to fix it was simply right clicking one of the sims. Not sure that would work in your situation, but it's worth trying. Of course if the entire interface disappears then I doubt right clicking will help.