Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 11:20 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default CAS keeps changing my premade sim's clothes!
So, I placed a monastery lot in my world and filled it with 8 nuns and a cook using "Add Sim" with Master Controller. I started with taking each sim that I generated into CAS and editing them as a different person with a new name, traits, and altering the features of the sims's body I stole to make them into a nun. I wanted them to wear the exact same outfits minus the formal one since they have a pretty strict dress code. Doing that individually was taking forever so I just saved one nun to the bin and turned them all into her so they'd automatically have the outfits all set and I'd just change the formal and their name, faces, skin colour, ect. That worked and was a lot faster. However, sometimes when switching between hair to clothing all the outfits in each category will change completely. Like CAS will generate a random outfit for each one. So, then I have to go back and change them all back to what they were which takes even longer.

The game always sets a ton of stuff on them too like tattoos, necklaces, nails, or high heels with their sleepwear. I have a lot of CC so going back through all my accessories to remove each item the game generated is so tedious. I thought maybe changing the sims age might have something to do with it as some clothing might not be available across ages but I've only ever switched between young adult and adult which have all the same clothes.

One thing that I've tried which worked for one sim but not the second one I tried it with is: after I opened the sims from the bin and the old sim reverted to it I'd accept it and close out of CAS then reopen it and edit away. That didn't work the second time. The sims clothes all changed to random stuff except for the formal one.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 9:06 PM
If you create a sim. Dress it and everything. Then you change the age.......it changes what they are wearing. Usually in my game if I change age.........say from adult to young adult.......their clothes are the same that they wear for everyday for every outfit they have. For example: Say my sim is a guy and he is wearing shirt, slacks, boots for everyday outfit. His sleeping, swimming, formal and outerwear will now be his "everyday" outfit shirt, slacks and boots. Same if you change occult on a sim,

You probably didn't save yourself any time by using the same sim over and over. Although it was a great idea in concept. You are unfortunately, going to have to go through the process and dress each sim.

The game will always add things on your sim like tats and jewelry etc. The way I control this is to use S3PE and categorize everything for cas in my game. I remove the "available for random" tag and none of my custom content ever gets put on a sim.

It sounds like you have a lot of custom content. It's a tedious process to go through everything and change the flags on it with S3PE but once it is done, it is done. You never get high heels for swim wear again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Persian
If you create a sim. Dress it and everything. Then you change the age.......it changes what they are wearing. Usually in my game if I change age.........say from adult to young adult.......their clothes are the same that they wear for everyday for every outfit they have. For example: Say my sim is a guy and he is wearing shirt, slacks, boots for everyday outfit. His sleeping, swimming, formal and outerwear will now be his "everyday" outfit shirt, slacks and boots. Same if you change occult on a sim,

You probably didn't save yourself any time by using the same sim over and over. Although it was a great idea in concept. You are unfortunately, going to have to go through the process and dress each sim.

The game will always add things on your sim like tats and jewelry etc. The way I control this is to use S3PE and categorize everything for cas in my game. I remove the "available for random" tag and none of my custom content ever gets put on a sim.

It sounds like you have a lot of custom content. It's a tedious process to go through everything and change the flags on it with S3PE but once it is done, it is done. You never get high heels for swim wear again.

Is there a tutorial of some kind explaining exactly how to do that? I get very frustrated with S3pe. I found this: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Reorganization
But I'm honestly a little lost reading that. Also, the link to download S3OC doesn't work. I followed the downloads link on the error page but couldn't find the proper file.
Inventor
#4 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 6:01 PM
You can always use NRaas Master Controller. Click on a Sim whose clothes you want to transfer to another Sim -> NRaas/MasterController -> Advanced/Intermediate/Basic (not sure) -> Transfer Clothing. Keep in mind you can only transfer clothing between Sims of the same gender and age. I think NRaas Dresser can also help you, especially if you want to remove things the game adds such as accesories.
Site Helper
#5 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 6:44 PM
S3OC is http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...s/190/index.htm

(If you follow the other link on the error page, that goes to the home page, S3OC is listed there.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
You can always use NRaas Master Controller. Click on a Sim whose clothes you want to transfer to another Sim -> NRaas/MasterController -> Advanced/Intermediate/Basic (not sure) -> Transfer Clothing. Keep in mind you can only transfer clothing between Sims of the same gender and age. I think NRaas Dresser can also help you, especially if you want to remove things the game adds such as accesories.

Ooh, that's awesome to know! Unfortunately, in this case though I want them to be different ages. So, therein lies my problem, I guess. =(
Site Helper
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 3:37 PM
Make a household with one sim of each age and gender you want to dress. Set all the outfits the way you want them.

Now you've got clothing templates for everybody.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Make a household with one sim of each age and gender you want to dress. Set all the outfits the way you want them.

Now you've got clothing templates for everybody.

Not a bad idea. =P

I ended up using the "transfer clothing" option since I only had 3 nuns left to edit and they were the same age. That saved so much time! I also tried using it between an adult and young adult and it appeared to work though not sure if it would randomize again if you went back into CAS.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 4:26 PM
Default It's Doing It Again!
Quote: Originally posted by eringobragh22
Not a bad idea. =P

I ended up using the "transfer clothing" option since I only had 3 nuns left to edit and they were the same age. That saved so much time! I also tried using it between an adult and young adult and it appeared to work though not sure if it would randomize again if you went back into CAS.

EDIT: I'm once again having this issue and it's DEFINITELY not related to changing the age! I just made a new household with an elder female. Spend about 2 hours editing her and once I accepted her and it went to the portrait screen to finalize she had switched to all different outfits, crazy makeup, accessories, the works. I did not once change her age during this process.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 8:19 PM
Ugh what an odd problem. Do you have any mods installed? If you do I would remove them and try it on a fresh world and see what happens.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 11:35 AM Last edited by eringobragh22 : 25th Jul 2016 at 1:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Persian
Ugh what an odd problem. Do you have any mods installed? If you do I would remove them and try it on a fresh world and see what happens.

Odd indeed! I've never had this problem ever before. It's SO frustrating though after spending over an hour or more dressing a sim to perfection and having that time completely wasted! Gah!

Anyway, I have quite a few mods so I'll definitely try running the game without them.
I did install Nraas Dresser but it was only at the suggestion of this thread so obviously it was doing it before I got that.

Edit: So, I think I might know the mod that's causing the problem. In Master Controller CAS settings I have the option to set clothes for all ages set to true. I also have hair and accessories for all ages and genders and I've noticed that when using a female hair on a guy that he would revert back to a different hair once I went back into game play. So, I figured that as cool as the option is that it just didn't function properly. So, I'm wondering if I was dressing my elder sim in adult clothing since I had that cheat turned on but since it apparently doesn't function properly it just reverted her back to elder clothing only.
I noticed this after removing all my mods. The clothing that I had her dressed in was no longer available to her as an elder.

Does anyone know if that MC CAS setting cheat normally works for people?
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eringobragh22
Does anyone know if that MC CAS setting cheat normally works for people?

There have been few issues reported that the mod is not working correctly. Rather the problems were the mod was not set correctly for desired functions or there is no function for a certain activity.

Take a look at the Master Controller FAQ for CAS . Scroll down to CAS or use Cntrl F and type in CAS in the little search box that will pop up at the right hand corner of your screen.

Please note, The MC Integration Module is also needed.

Should you experience further problems using the Mod please feel free to post over in Chatterbox at NRaas where the Mod lives. You need to register to post but it's quick and easy and in the long run will more than likelysave you some time.
See Becoming A Member On The Home Page
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
There have been few issues reported that the mod is not working correctly. Rather the problems were the mod was not set correctly for desired functions or there is no function for a certain activity.

Take a look at the Master Controller FAQ for CAS . Scroll down to CAS or use Cntrl F and type in CAS in the little search box that will pop up at the right hand corner of your screen.

Please note, The MC Integration Module is also needed.

Should you experience further problems using the Mod please feel free to post over in Chatterbox at NRaas where the Mod lives. You need to register to post but it's quick and easy and in the long run will more than likelysave you some time.
See Becoming A Member On The Home Page

Thanks for that info!

I do already have the Integration Module Installed. (=