Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 12:00 PM
Default Why can't Toddlers sit in the table on Dine Out restaurants?
I have an Alien mom and her toddler daughter go to eat lunch on a Dine Out restaurant but her daughter can't sit in the table even though I can order food for her. Why this happens? Are EP/GP/SP objects not fully updated for Toddlers? Is there a mod to fix it?

I am the owner and streamer of Twitch Plays The Sims.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 12:34 PM
Toddlers weren't designed around add on content.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperSim64DS
I have an Alien mom and her toddler daughter go to eat lunch on a Dine Out restaurant but her daughter can't sit in the table even though I can order food for her. Why this happens? Are EP/GP/SP objects not fully updated for Toddlers? Is there a mod to fix it?

I wonder if you can add a highchair to a couple of tables in each restaurant and then choose a table with one when you dine out with a toddler. I think the problem is just that toddlers aren't designed to sit at a table, period. They either eat in a highchair, on the floor, or sitting on the couch. But I don't think they are tall enough to eat at the dining room tables.
Instructor
#4 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vanessahuckeby
I wonder if you can add a highchair to a couple of tables in each restaurant and then choose a table with one when you dine out with a toddler. I think the problem is just that toddlers aren't designed to sit at a table, period. They either eat in a highchair, on the floor, or sitting on the couch. But I don't think they are tall enough to eat at the dining room tables.

I took my sims to a restaurant and added a highchair and then all the fun started. My sims kept getting up to check on my toddler and would take her out of the chair and put her back in. I finally had to send her to daycare to finish their meal.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eman72
I took my sims to a restaurant and added a highchair and then all the fun started. My sims kept getting up to check on my toddler and would take her out of the chair and put her back in. I finally had to send her to daycare to finish their meal.

Well..... I guess eating out with a toddler is NOT a good choice - just like in RL! LMAO!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:13 PM
Well, I am planning on getting Dine Out soon, and now I know I'll have to edit the restaurant(s) lot(s) to add high chairs. resto have them in real life, so why not in my game.
BTW, I always had a good experience with my own children. I have 4..and never I regretted bringing them along wherever I went. On the contrary..when I didn't, i felt sad..lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
dodgy builder
#7 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 4:36 PM

Does it help putting a fence around the chair, on the sides that doesn't face the table.
Instructor
#8 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Does it help putting a fence around the chair, on the sides that doesn't face the table.

It might I haven't tried that.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Theorist
#9 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 12:50 AM
This is also why I came to the conclusion that they would never add toddlers. Because as they kept adding more and more content, most of it wouldn't be compatible with toddlers. Also I figured that they would have to add them as Base Game content, or else no future packs could ever contain anything for toddlers.

I was shocked when they added them for free. I really did not think they would do it. I guess they knew they had to or the game was just not going to appeal to a lot of people. At least they should be able to design content in future packs with the toddlers in mind, at least if their budget allows it of course. Plus I think they are already working on more content for them. $$$

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Forum Resident
#10 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 5:21 AM
They will most likely add a toddler pack with clothes and hair soon.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 6:56 AM

I have that problem outside of restaurants. My sims just don't seem to wanna leave toddlers in their high chairs. Even if autonomy turned off, I have to keep a close eye on my sims. Otherwise family meals turn into the most annoying game of musical chairs....well...even more than than they were before toddlers.

The Receptacle still lives!