Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 8:57 PM Last edited by goderguy : 18th Feb 2017 at 11:07 PM.
Default Handcuffs [SOLVED]
All the years I've been playing TS2, I've never encountered this. My teen Sim (Dustin Broke) snuck out one night. Just as he came home at 3 am, there was a cop car outside and toddler Beau Broke was fussing inside. Since I was dealing with Brandi and Beau inside, I didn't really see what happened until it was over. Fast forward a few days, and I notice Dustin is walking around with broken handcuffs! He has a cuff on each wrist, but the chain connecting them is missing. Since I've never encountered this, and didn't actually see what happened, how do I get the cuffs to disappear? I got Dustin back on the straight and narrow, and he's a good kid with high grades. I don't want the cuffs though. At first I thought they were just bracelets until I zoomed in one day. I rarely play the pre-loaded families, but I wanted to fix up the Broke's house, and suddenly I'm playing the family... Please help!

goderguy
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 9:37 PM
Stupid question (bet it's not gonna work), but tried changing clothes maybe? Better yet... add new bracelets? Probably not gonna work, but testing that wouldn't hurt. Just in case...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 9:38 PM
Doesn't one of the batbox options fix this kind of thing?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 5:10 PM
I never noticed there was handcuffs

Dustin's been going to the gym OR the police gave him cheap Poundland plastic toy handcuffs.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 9:00 PM
I would LIKE this glitch; doesn't he COME with the Criminal job?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#6 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 9:40 PM
One of the following should help:

1) Open the cheat console, type move_objects on and zoom in real close until you can grab each cuff and sell it.
if this doesn't work:
2) Download the painting here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=185863
Choose "Handcuffs - remove cuffs" or "Remove Accessory"
You can delete the mod afterwards
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
One of the following should help:

1) Open the cheat console, type move_objects on and zoom in real close until you can grab each cuff and sell it.
if this doesn't work:
2) Download the painting here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=185863
Choose "Handcuffs - remove cuffs" or "Remove Accessory"
You can delete the mod afterwards

The modded paining worked! He's handcuffs-free. Thanks a bunch!

goderguy