Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 2:57 AM
It actually would work out well in San Myshuno where festivals happen, I will have to do some testing
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 3:49 AM
I didn't think you could create lot traits for festivals, as they aren't true community lots, only one of the lots nearby, when I do visit festivals, I usually just select any apartment nearby then Go Downstairs, as if I create group gatherings, my sims then to tend to go inside the community lot and have no interest in the festival whatsoever. "Visiting" an apartment, only the host can knock on the door so they get no choice but to follow me into the festivals.

Saves on processing power and improves performance too, as this way don't get two "lots" running simultaneously.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 8:23 AM
Teens can live by themselves now? Finally. I've been waiting for this since the game was released.

Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
Simblr
Scholar
#29 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 11:19 AM
I can't believe Origin had the nerve off updating while my game was running and I was playing, I was in Offline mode, but then I just had to access the gallery, eventually everything started slowing down until it got impossible to play, and there was under the game Window just waiting for me to free up some files to finish off updating.

This is absurd! Now i have learn't if I don't want to update, then NEVER access the gallery.
Smeg Head
#30 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 2:33 PM
Regarding the teen hangout trait, in the back of my mind, I'm half suspecting an actual fully-fledged teen lot availability round the corner. (Maybe with bowling pack?) To support the trait. Because, otherwise, it would take a bunch of complete disorganized dipshits to write up and promote the trait in the way they have, for half of them to say one thing about it, the other half with a different idea, if all it's ever going to be is teen walkbys. Well, you might think disorganized dipships is staying true to the cause.

But there was that thing about reshuffles and big players getting sacked-off in the guise of moving on, then the big change that we're now shiny, new "EA Worldwide Studios," and very soon after came the unexpected toddlers. It could well be the new trend of things, big surprises here and there.

Or it could be same old, same old disorganized dipships and the toddlers thing was a one-off and teen walkbys are just going to remain pointless teen walkbys. (But Maxis, this means you are still generating more and more pointless un-played, homeless sims. Did you forget the amount of complaints again? Are you going to come up with another barmy culling system to counteract? Or is it leading to something more? Like actual teen hangouts for proper-sized teens? More akin to the toddler surprise?)

My jury is still out at the moment. Maxis probably catch themselves off guard due to the EA Worldwide Studios malarkey, not knowing who did what and why, with stuff like this. They need time to catch up and adjust like the rest of us. (If, of course, they are actually trying to break free from the disorganized dipshit mold they encased themselves in.)

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#31 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 5:18 PM
Sometimes EA makes a decision for gameplay or an implementation that makes me facepalm so hard. I feel as if there is nobody in their dev teams that are saying, 'wait guys, maybe that particular thing isn't a good idea?'
Or maybe there are so many bad ideas, that they can only shoot down so much, before some of them sneak into the game.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#32 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 5:50 PM
So if there an official list of all the mods this update breaks? Or is it just Deaderpool's mods?

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 11:07 AM
Okay I just tried to edit an NPC Sim with the "TestingCheats enabled" and the "cas.fulleditmode" cheats, but I am only able to bring up my current household. For example, I shift clicked Eliza Pancakes to edit her, and clicked "edit in CAS" and when I entered into CAS she wasn't there, just the current household that I am playing. I tried the cheats with other NPC's and none of them worked. Every time it only brought up my current household. I have removed all mods and CC. Is anybody else having this problem?
Forum Resident
#34 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 12:45 PM
Did they not fix the issue with males toddlers' voices sounding female when they aged up into teens?
Scholar
#35 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 5:39 PM
I simply manage all my sims in Manage households menu at the world maps everyday before my playing session, this gives me around 5 to 10 minutes to clean up, change some appearances, delete some unwanted sims, this way I'm already organised, and don't need to edit any unplayed sims out of the blue, other than my active household, isn't why this feature is there for?
Page 2 of 2