Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 11:56 PM
Default Bad performance?
Hi!

So I bought some expansion packs for TS4 and started up the game expecting everything to run just fine but I noticed that performance really... well... sucks! Especially in the Windenburg world and the city world.
I meet the recommended requirements by far but still the game really struggles... any ideas why?

My specs:
IntelĀ® Core i5-6500 Processor 3.60 GHz
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

The Sims 4: City Living Recommended Requirements:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Intel Core i5-750

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 3:13 AM
Other than having a decent spec with plenty of headroom, D3D9 relates to Direct X9, which is what Windows XP can only use, this will bring everything down.

1. Make sure you are running Windows 7 or above.
2. Play in offline mode and deselect Allow Online Features from TS4 Options.
3. Check your task manager you don't have any other background processes running such as Windows Update.
4. Set origin to run TS4.exe and not TS4_x64.exe in parameters.

Other than that just do not use D3D9.dll
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 1:55 PM
That's normal as far as I know. The Sims 4 was designed to run on anything, just not well...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Other than having a decent spec with plenty of headroom, D3D9 relates to Direct X9, which is what Windows XP can only use, this will bring everything down.

1. Make sure you are running Windows 7 or above.
2. Play in offline mode and deselect Allow Online Features from TS4 Options.
3. Check your task manager you don't have any other background processes running such as Windows Update.
4. Set origin to run TS4.exe and not TS4_x64.exe in parameters.

Other than that just do not use D3D9.dll

Thanks for your tips. I'm a bit confused with the fifth one, how do I not use that DLL? It's just the way the monitor program names the FPS, or so I thought.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
did u make sure ur not running on power saving mode?

Yep I even use another program to get the most out of my pc, it completely disables any kind of power saving