Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 6:02 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 17th Apr 2018 at 1:32 AM.
Weird Drop in Motives - Is this a glitch or "normal"?
Because I don't used to play the game "normally" (i.e no speeding up aging) and I did not want to put this in the help section as I also wanted to discussing regarding mood decays, searching online, I only got results of TS3 & TS4 games. I know that elders and sims with certain personality has their motives drop quicker than normal sims. I don't have any special hacks other than the one that suppose to make sims smarter with their needs so I'm not sure what the heck is going on right now:

One of my premade sims, Olive Specter, played a couple of sims days, recently had her energy, fun and comfort in static red, Trying to have her sleep or maxing the motives, only after a few sim hours it goes back to red again.: Oddly enough all other motives are always green.

....what's going on? I never seen this before, so so I'm pretty sure its not a mod conflict and its only ONE sim after going through a dozen households. It's rather amusing though. In a way I guess it's "fortunately" she will die soon of elder and can blame it on her age and guess I should be happy it's not bladder or hunger that's in constant red, *ouch*.

EDIT: Hmmm, it seems like it's going back and forth, sometimes it normal but goes back to red at night. Weird.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 7:31 PM
What is she doing when this happens? Being scared by ghosts can cause motive drop.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 7:47 PM
You wouldn't happen to have Sun&Moon's spices and herbs on the lot? An older version of that had a conflict with some hacks (such as Macrotastics) that causes Sims' motives to drop rapidly. Though it's odd that it'd only affect her and not the other Sims.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 8:07 PM
She was only sleeping. I haven't add any CC other than adjuster and controllers (Visitor, College, Skills, ACR, Insimator, Simlogical etc).

The "see ghost" memory was so annoying so they graves were moved to a cementary not long before the motives start to drop like that, so she was scared a few times, but I don't think the motives will get "stuck" from it?

Edit: I have most of the Sun and Moon mods though (installed about a year ago), but added to the lot. Did got something similar when collecting the egg nests from those CC trees where the sim had the motives dropped like if she/he was poisoned. In-sim has the poison ivy in the health adjuster which drop the motives but I haven't added that one on the lot either.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 8:25 PM
I think some of the Sun&Moon stuff like chickens is cloned from roaches, which can cause Sims to become ill. Do you have hacks that affect disease processing?

Did you try moveobject deleting her from the lot and reloading the lot? That'll put her back by the mailbox. It might help.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 9:00 PM
I recently installed Cyjons frequent disease processing and had since earlier faster disease processing too but never noticed any difference when I made a sim sick from pnuemonia before I played Olive.

Chicken cloned from roaches? That's funny.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th May 2018 at 1:49 AM
Has your sim been abducted? That can cause motives to go crazy for a few in game hours.
Alchemist
#8 Old 6th May 2018 at 2:41 AM
ghost scares I take would cause all Needs to drop; and the drop I take would be a fixed amount.
alien abductions; Needs would return to their pre-abduction levels when the abducted sim comes back.

there seems to be a scripted Need adjustment for Olive shortly after the lot starts for the first time; but all Needs seem to be higher than "red" level then. no other scripted adjustments after that.

some shipped version Aspiration rewards I take affect Needs; and one of them I take is specifically for adjusting Needs/Mood. I do not remember the names for any of them.

another possibility on the cause might be a bug/glitch.

a possible fix might be two cheats:: motivedecay off, maxmotives
Scholar
#9 Old 6th May 2018 at 4:52 AM
She hasn't put on a Thinking Cap reward object and forgotten to take it off, has she? Although I thought that would only affect her once.

I've played Olive many times and never had this happen, so it's certainly not normal. If you can't find the cause, I think mdsb is right: your best bet is to treat the "symptoms" with cheats.