Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2018 at 2:06 AM
Crashing caused by CC
The Crashing's Description(The Problem)
So, I updated my game to the latest update(but it also happened with the 2nd latest), and it turns out that I can only have one sim in a family.
Why, you may ask? Well, as soon as I try to add a Sim or pet, the game freezes, then crashes.
What I attempted in order to fix it
I found out that it is an issue with Custom Content by removing my Sims 4/Mods folder.
I have a motherload of CC and mods. Regardless, I did the 50/50 test.
I decided to be relatively original and test CC first. I removed my Mods folder from, well, My Mods folder.
It turns out my CC makes CAS crash.
I used the Mod Conflict Detector, and removed the light blue content. However, it still crashes.
Download Link: My entire Mods folder
Here you go; sorry that it's 4.17gb hahaahaa
Thank you for any advice or help you may have(or give!)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 2nd May 2018 at 3:35 AM
I am looking at your mods folder and will re-upload when I am done.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 2nd May 2018 at 6:28 AM
I am in the process of uploading your mods to dropbox, and once it is done and I double-check, I will send you a link via PM.

Mods that need to be updated because they are throwing LE's or crashing your game are in a folder.
Some mods need meshes - I found some, but others were not obvious to me where to find.
Some tray files were in your mods folder - I put them in a tray folder for you to consolidate with your existing tray folder.
Your mods folder should only contain, Unzipped/compressed files as directed by the creator, .ts4script files, and .package files - along with .txt and .cfg files that are generated by mods, such as Roburky's true happiness mod, WW, and Mccc by Deaderpool.

It was not obvious to me what the unzipped python files were doing in the folder. They are in a separate folder. Jpeg's, PNG's, etc. Do not belong in your mods folder. Store them elsewhere for reference.

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#Top - MCCC by Deaderpool does things that a couple of the mods I removed do, like Insta Kill. Check it out and read the documentation - this mod is superior for game play.