Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 2:43 AM
Default Origin pops up whenever I try to open TS3! Core/Activation.dll is missing?
Hello! Sorry if this is not the correct board to post something like this, so please tell me where I should ask for help if that's the case ^^'
Also, I'm not a native English speaker so please excuse the misspellings...

I've been having a problem with sims 3 lately, I've been using my old PC since my mum moved away and my main computer is at my father's... Anyway, I tried to run a CC heavy save folder and obviously it had to crash... So I tried a solution I found online, I changed the compatibilty to Windows 95 and ran it as an administrator, the launcher opened fine, but when I hit play it just redirected me to Origin?? I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling, but it's the same... and when I tried to bypass the launcher (I can't, since I downloaded the game digitally via origin, but I tried to anyway) by opening it from The Sims 3/Game/Bin, I got an error message saying that Core/Activation.dll file is missing, and I must reinstall the game (I did this like three times now).

Thanks in advance for helping, the game used to run fine on this PC (the old one) and I don't really understand what must have gone wrong...
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 10:15 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 4:30 AM
@simsample My game version is 1.69, I think it's the last one...
Today I ran Origin as admin and the game opened fine, except for the EPs that were not working... so I thought restarting the PC would have been necessary, and now the Launcher stops working whenever I try to open the game