Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 4:21 PM
@iCad Sudden Pregnancy Death Syndrome, I think it's called. It's because Maxis accidentally set the morning sickness to be lethal. Was yours a disease death?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#27 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 5:07 PM
Well, technically morning sickness CAN be lethal, I suppose, if the preggo gets dehydrated enough. But that'd be pretty extreme.

I don't actually remember what her ghost color was; it was a few years back when it happened. But I suppose that's what it must've been. I do remember, because I was trying to figure out why it happened, that she was having an easy time until then. Didn't barf once, whereas you'd THINK it'd be the serial barfers that would croak from dehydration, if not sheer exhaustion. (My record with one preggo -- an alien-pregnant guy -- was six barfs, one right after the other, and pretty constantly otherwise for the whole first day; at the time I joked that the alien genes really weren't agreeing with him.) But maybe with her it got all saved up into one big, death-causing swoop. But, like I said, it's only happened that one time in all my years of playing.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
#28 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I never heard he was scripted to die. And I've never had any trouble keeping him alive after that first time. To be fair, I also never played them again without completely remodeling that house so he'd eat in the kitchen instead of dying on the way to the table out front.

I assumed it was scripted because of all the warnings about calling a nanny - although I meant 'scripted' in the same way that Mary Sue is meant to catch Daniel with the maid, rather than in the way of Pascal's or Brandi's pregnancies: it's set up, but it can be avoided once you know how quickly pregnant Sims can starve. He's never died on me again because I've always made him eat before going to bed, or woken him early.
Theorist
#29 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 10:33 PM
The only weird thing I can think of right now was that this one time the sun rose an hour too late. (8 instead of 7).

Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
I assumed it was scripted because of all the warnings about calling a nanny - although I meant 'scripted' in the same way that Mary Sue is meant to catch Daniel with the maid, rather than in the way of Pascal's or Brandi's pregnancies: it's set up, but it can be avoided once you know how quickly pregnant Sims can starve. He's never died on me again because I've always made him eat before going to bed, or woken him early.

Nah he's defenitely not scripted to die the way Mary-Sue is scripted to catch Daniel. I've played the Curious hosehold many times, and I've never had Vidcund die on me, not even in the beginning when I didn't know what to do.
If anything the developers might have under-estimated how fragile pregnant Sims are in the unpatched basegame.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#30 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 10:36 AM
In my current game Sims have been unable to have a flatmate (roommate) to help drop their rent. Restrictions due to apartment population policies have disallowed flatmates for the past few years (reality is due to a mod preventing the flatmate from sticking around in the panel). However the SFFR (Sims for fairer renting) is demanding the policies be revoked and it may soon be possible for Sims to have flatmates again.

2 mods are clashing with the game mechanic of apartment roommates, can't get them or lose them.

developments to this case will be printed following the court decision tomorrow.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 2:27 PM
I had a couple with 4 children, and the husband tried to fix the broken trah compactor. He was electrocuted and died. While surprised, I was not shocked, until the elder 3 kids started throwing tantrums, fighting with each other, not eating, or running to the bus for school. I was perplexed about what to do. In the meantime, mom went and called the matchmaker who fixed her right up. She remarried, and after the initial woo-hoo, the three eldest kids burst into mom's bedroom and started wailing!! They were all sobbing and yelling and stomping their feet. Their motives were rapidly going down and they refused commands to eat, or pee or go to bed. I've never seen this in game and am still trying to muddle through. Anyone else have anything like this?
Mad Poster
#32 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 2:45 PM
I expect their aspirations are failing, due to a fear of a relative dying at the time their father died. This is how kids and teens behave in aspiration failure. And Mom's not making it any better by moving on so fast. You need to study their wants and fears and make sure to fill the one and avoid the other. Lock any fillable high-point wants you spot and prioritize them.

If it were me, and any of the kids were teens, I'd go to another household with a teen they have a good relationship with, and date them. Since going on a date rerolls the wants, and accesses a particular want tree, it's usually fairly easy to get from aspiration failure to green, gold, or platinum with a good date. The teen will continue to act out as long as the aspiration is negative, so the date will have to be forbearing.

For children, making friends and getting pets are generally the easiest high-point wants to fill. If they aren't rolling good wants, have an adult or teen take them on an outing during the day, someplace where they can meet other kids and find many kid wants to roll. Changing lots rerolls the wants panel, usually with wants that can be filled on the lot. If they've developed hobby enthusiasm, you could also have them pursue a lot of low-point wants in the hobby, which will tend to generate more hobby wants and provide a positive feedback loop. Do this with care, though, as this positive loop will continue after the aspiration rises, and many people find that pursued hobbies swamp wants they find more interesting. In my experience this can be bypassed by frequent community lot visits, but your mileage may vary.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#33 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by altanna
I had a couple with 4 children, and the husband tried to fix the broken trah compactor. He was electrocuted and died. While surprised, I was not shocked,

He was.

I'll see myself out. XD
Scholar
#34 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 7:28 AM
The SFFR has had a successful court case on some of the policies regarding roommates and thus they have been removed. Pushes are continuing to allow mutliple roommates per apartments.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
He was.

�

I'll see myself out. XD

This pun made my entire day.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 3:25 PM Last edited by BlademasterX2 : 10th Sep 2018 at 3:37 PM.
Nothing can beat this experience in my damn whole The Sims 2 life when my Sims had a balloon fight during a storm, and lightning stuck at the center of a fight. Imagine how enormous of the flames is, even larger than SimWardrobe's nuke that can burn a whole factory down just in a few minutes. Thing got worse when the rain instantly stopped after the struck and I was like #@*$?!?!?. That was a real nightmare experience that I need to quit without saving, without a doubt of course.

♒ Aquarius Sun, ♈ Aries Moon, ♈ Aries Rising

Sorry for my English :)
Mad Poster
#37 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlademasterX2
Nothing can beat this experience in my damn whole The Sims 2 life when my Sims had a balloon fight during a storm, and lightning stuck at the center of a fight. Imagine how enormous of the flames is, even larger than SimWardrobe's nuke that can burn a whole factory down just in a few minutes. Thing got worse when the rain instantly stopped after the struck and I was like #@*$?!?!?. That was a real nightmare experience that I need to quit without saving, without a doubt of course.

When the showdown gets hardcore.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 3:49 PM
One of my pregnant Sims experienced a funny glitch with her body.

A vampire named Countessa Cherry Car.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 5:19 PM
Something weird , which happened to me was when my Sim, Julien Cooke started a restaurant. It was the first time I played a restaurant. A good witch appeared and I thought 'Well, she's a good witch, this is probably good for my business.' An hour later a bad witch appeared and she made her thunder storming. The good witch was struck by lightning and died and my business had a -1 rank. I didn't knew that this could happen, especially not all at the same time. Anyway, it was really weird.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 8:23 PM
I remember one time my female sim was about to get married and so I got to get her toddler son outside so he could watch. Trouble is she didn't put the toddler down! The cutscence played with her still holding the toddler while exchanging rings and getting kissed. That was a weird glitch.
Test Subject
#41 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 8:42 PM
I've seen some strange things simming but this week one of my challenge sims gave birth to a headless baby. Never thought that would happen.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ivy Copur
I've seen some strange things simming but this week one of my challenge sims gave birth to a headless baby. Never thought that would happen.

I had that happen too.

Do you have genetic baby hair? An error with that caused mine.
Test Subject
#43 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I had that happen too.

Do you have genetic baby hair? An error with that caused mine.

I thought about that especially since the hairs popping up are hit or miss. I checked the baby's DNA and they had the mother's custom hair like their siblings. I did some Batboxing and now the baby has a face but no scalp. Dundundun! The baby is now a normal blonde toddler.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 8:03 PM
About the headless babies: they do just fine. And the pregnant Sim who's clothes cut her unborn in half - still fine. And that "challenged" child who was starving because he couldn't figure out how to move the chair to get around the table (& nobody cared)? Well the merciful GrammaGod saved him. Just another reason I love this game - everything really WILL be OK.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#45 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 10:09 PM
i didn't saw all of the comments here but about the baby:

i had this one time a female sim gave birth to twins but i never saw the other (youngest) baby
thank god i didn't saved it up

but i do regret that i didn't saved it up right before the pregnant sim gave birth to twins

i think i kept the boolprop testingcheatsenabled true or moveobjects on a bit longer on without it take it off because i don't have it when i don't use one of them (sorry my english is f*cked up )
Mad Poster
#46 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 10:52 PM
Neither the testingcheats nor move objects cause any problems like that. It's more likely to be a mod conflict or a random game hiccup.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 2 of 2