Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 7:37 PM
Default I'm late: Did simblrs get in trouble for base game conversions
So I've just been looking for hair and I've noticed that almost every download that happened to be hair converted to base game from another pack has been deleted (I think we can all agree no single pack has been entirely good and worth buying at certain prices).

Did something happen on the low or is it a coincidence? Its just weird since statistically there would be at least one person who isnt budging... but I haven't come across anything.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 7:41 PM
There has been some consternation in the Sims community as of late about conversions.

I have no idea what the prevailing thread is, but what I've heard ranges from Second Life meshes being converted without permission to conversions being locked behind Patreons, or some unholy combination of the two. Plus there have been Tumblrs that have gone inactive, making a good number of downloads disappear.

Haven't heard anything about EA/filesharing sites cracking down on basegame conversions though.
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 8:00 PM
Could be due the fact that it probably won't be legal to publish EA's paid content for free?
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 8:04 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 3rd Mar 2019 at 8:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Could be due the fact that it probably won't be legal to publish EA's paid content for free?

------
Um yeah... I get that but I doubt legality is what's stopping everyone
I guess its kind of different but there are still creators who do s4 to s3 conversions meaning you wouldnt even have to own sims 4 at all and have its items in your s3 game.
----------
oooo I guess it could be that... I've seen some hairs that look eerily similar to ea hairs buuuuuttt are not attributed to a pack so I guess that's the workaround
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 9:59 PM
Eh I don't think so. Nowadays I've seen creators post pictures of their CC and EA's creation to show that despite looking similar, it's different (Like the bang is cut differently or that once stand of hair is on another side) you know just different enough so they don't get in trouble.

If you're talking tumblr blogs, well tumblr was being funny and just deleting/hiding any blog or post marked "adult" even if they weren't. So it could be that.
I have noticed that there's not much CC for strangerville or CC related to that topic. Though it's still early
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CupcakeWitch
Eh I don't think so. Nowadays I've seen creators post pictures of their CC and EA's creation to show that despite looking similar, it's different (Like the bang is cut differently or that once stand of hair is on another side) you know just different enough so they don't get in trouble.

If you're talking tumblr blogs, well tumblr was being funny and just deleting/hiding any blog or post marked "adult" even if they weren't. So it could be that.
I have noticed that there's not much CC for strangerville or CC related to that topic. Though it's still early

Yeah I was just about to mention the Tumblr crackdown myself.
Scholar
#7 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 6:44 AM
Actually I know of one user on Simblr that got into trouble for this last year with EA and their file sharing service. Tumblr also deleted their blog more than once because of it. There was a lot of drama around the situation and it was even on SimSecret. If I remember right, they were converting all the hair styles from packs to BGC and were talking about converting Build/Buy objects from packs the same way.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Actually I know of one user on Simblr that got into trouble for this last year with EA and their file sharing service. Tumblr also deleted their blog more than once because of it. There was a lot of drama around the situation and it was even on SimSecret. If I remember right, they were converting all the hair styles from packs to BGC and were talking about converting Build/Buy objects from packs the same way.

Thank you! This is what I was getting at. Everything from missing downloads to vanishing blogs seemed too precise and widespread to be a coincidence. I figured someone had to have actually gotten the mallet and that caused everyone else to back off.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 12:44 AM
Tumblr is also shutting down some blogs for adfly, like LadyHayny.