Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 9:13 AM
custom skin's hands glitch?
hello! i'm always so pleasantly surprised when i see the MTS community going strong on all versions of sims and i thank you all for it, so hopefully someone's still here who might be able to help.

i got some custom skins for my Sims 1 (complete collection) and the skins work great, except when they put their hands on their hips or (as far as i can tell) make a fist, their hands blink back to "default" hands. this normally wouldn't be noticeable or a problem, but they're heavy fantasy/scifi skins: xenomorphs, classic movie monsters, or even just characters who wear gloves.

i was wondering if there's a fix for this? given, i haven't tested it on all my custom skins yet, but i'm not above doing drastic fixes (i already edit most of the custom skins i download but i always keep the originals as well, so i know it's not on my end) so all in all hit me with whatever suggestions you may have and hopefully it'll just cover me for whenever this issue pops up again lol

thanks!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 6:01 PM
The fix is to make sure you have the full set of hand skins. There are three: the basic skin (used most of the time), a skin for "closed hands" (used very rarely), and one for "pointing hands" (used occasionally). You may also have to use an external program like SimEnhancer to make sure all the hand skins are properly attached.