Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 4th Mar 2020 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
Local Multiplayer with your friend could be interesting but I don't think they'll do that as there won't be enough money in that. Instead of Multiplayer maybe they should give an optional social media option.

How so? For the social media thing, I kinda would like that. by that I mean browsing MTS within the game... but then I would binge on it and forget about the game, so like no lol.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Theorist
#102 Old 5th Mar 2020 at 4:55 PM
Well there was a way to directly share Sims, lots and stories from within the game to the Sims 2 exchange website during the Sims 2 era. The buttons are still there, but they obviously don't work any longer (with the site being defunct and all).
And now there's the gallery in Sims 4 that functions much the same way.

Though I dunno whether the gallery has photo stories? I don't think so, but I haven't opened Sims 4 in years, so...

The Sims 2 story exchange was a magical place of terribleness. I miss it.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#103 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 12:27 AM
If EA wants to reboot The Sims Online, they can go for it. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be interested. But they need to stop trying to inject it into the flagship series. It's what made The Sims 4 flop so hard in the first place.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Field Researcher
#104 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Well there was a way to directly share Sims, lots and stories from within the game to the Sims 2 exchange website during the Sims 2 era. The buttons are still there, but they obviously don't work any longer (with the site being defunct and all).
And now there's the gallery in Sims 4 that functions much the same way.

Though I dunno whether the gallery has photo stories? I don't think so, but I haven't opened Sims 4 in years, so...

The Sims 2 story exchange was a magical place of terribleness. I miss it.

No it doesn’t, but given the type of game Sims 4 is a storybook feature seems fitting. They have done remarkably little with the gallery. Beyond a mild UI refresh it hasn’t offered any new functions. I would have thought at least like styled looks would be something that could be shared, but so far that hasn’t happened.
Mad Poster
#105 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 6:31 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 14th Mar 2020 at 3:29 PM.
Whatever they do in TS5, I hope they remember that we’re supposed to be decorating houses with whatever content they give to us. TS3’s base game had a solid selection of furniture (further improved with CAS).

I don’t know what was going on in TS2 & TS4. Especially TS2. The base game beds in the two of these game... my lord.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Alchemist
#106 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 11:45 AM
Please drop The Sims 5 so we have something to do in these tough times!!!

what does his name even mean?
Mad Poster
#107 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Please drop The Sims 5 so we have something to do in these tough times!!!

Even if you have to pay $10 to have our sims complete 20 real minute shower? At this point, you have to careful what you wish form. Doesnt stop anyone from making it an app port.

Forum Resident
#108 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
don’t know what was going on in TS2 & TS4. Especially TS2. The base game beds in the two of these game... my lord.

Whaaaat, you mean you don't like your sims sleeping under what looks like a damn velcro strap?

(peep the Selena sim that I plan to upload here soon hehe)
Screenshots

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Instructor
#109 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 2:45 PM
Velcro strap? That's definitely one way to see it. I kept thinking it looks like a sanitary pad.
Alchemist
#110 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Even if you have to pay $10 to have our sims complete 20 real minute shower? At this point, you have to careful what you wish form. Doesnt stop anyone from making it an app port.

Won't happen until smartphones have the capacity of holding 20+ expansion packs etc. with reasonable graphics like today

Mad Poster
#111 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Won't happen until smartphones have the capacity of holding 20+ expansion packs etc. with reasonable graphics like today

TS4 doesn't even have that many expansion packs, and EA's doing quite well just by selling a game that shits a stuff pack every morning. Asides that, The Sims FreePlay is doing quite well delivering fairy decent gameplay and features as a mobile that shows the capacity isn't a limit here. (If not expansion packs, than a batch of new items and object sets can certaintly fit in your pocket device, so it's not a problem either way). And thing is, they have injected it with monetization/micro-transaction schemes.... and you really have high hopes that EA will learn from their mistake (ha! as if they do) and miraculously think TS5 is gonna be any better than TS4? Again, nor EA has an interest nor I really heard any lately demands from fans that directly ask "for more expansion packs" (but they are asking for core gameplay fixed), so why would delivery of 20 expansion packs be in anyone favor now? I am kinda jealous that ppl have high hopes for the next sequel.

Alchemist
#112 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 9:21 AM
Yeah I believe TS5 will be better bc they spent tons of time and money on online features for TS4 and then scrapped it all which is why the basegame is so shallow.

The culture of The Sims on YouTube etc. is so big and makes them a lot of money, they wouldn’t give all that up for a mobile click n wait game.

Mad Poster
#113 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
Whaaaat, you mean you don't like your sims sleeping under what looks like a damn velcro strap?

100% early 2000s plastic & polyester furniture (think Ikea kids furnitures).
Field Researcher
#114 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 3:45 AM

I was always half expecting that thing all of a sudden to pull the entire bed up to the top of the track, kind of like a window shade or movie screen.

With the Sim still in it of course.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 1:22 PM

(peep the Selena sim that I plan to upload here soon hehe)

Yeah, what kind of bed is that anyway? I've never seen that in real life and wonder where they got that idea from.

Rob Riemensnyder is the biggest coward who ever lived. Stay away from him.
Instructor
#116 Old 18th May 2020 at 2:21 AM
I think they should just stop at The Sims 4 and just focus on it for a lot longer now, let this be the last one there's nothing more they can do with it and they won't give us any more improved features they have up their sleeve in 1 game they just keep selling it off in each version then resell the same Expansions all over again, i got annoyed at that already after TS1 and 2, it's 4 times over now they've done it and they rely mostly on the younger generation to not know what the older games were like and pay for them all but they should put it all into TS4 now.

I'm just done with it after the TS4 Base Game and the graphics is good enough too, all it is, is like a real Doll House game lol and there's a limit of what they can programme the sims to do without overloading the game so they need to end the Franchise while it's still going pretty strong but they're losing people already selling bits and pieces off into different packs.

As for going fully 100% Online it's such a bad idea because it's really not safe and kids play it and everyone is worried they'll try to go a Microtransactions route which i have a feeling they will too, however they've talked big every version about trying Sims Online again but never did it, they did with TS4 before it came out too but i think they know it would be a bad idea.
Page 5 of 5