Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2020 at 10:14 PM
Default Any tips on improving the retail experience?
Hey all,

I'm looking for a bit of guidance as I am a newby to Sims 4. I have transitioned straight from Sims 2 to 4 and have invested in a few of the packs that were core in Sims 2 for me, Open for Business being one of them. However, in downloading Get to Work, I cant help but feel short-changed in the functionality side of retail stores in comparison to OFB. I don't want to make the habit of pining for the TS2 experience but I would love to feel like I'm actually running a proper store in TS4, as it feels very half baked when I'm playing. For instance, I like to play where my hoods can be self-sufficient but I'm sure when you are playing an owned lot through another household, the stock doesn't deplete which isn't realistic for me. Also, I liked having a more realistic shopping experience in putting items into a basket and going to the cash register, instead of just purchasing straight from the shelf. I do have the retail overhaul mod already.

So I'm wondering, is there something I am missing? Are there functions that are more hidden that may improve the experience as an owner and customer? any mods that exist that could broaden the functionality of the game?

Any help is appreciated. Many thanks,

Tisha
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th May 2020 at 5:36 AM
It can’t really be improved - it’s honestly a very bad system and EA should update it, but they won’t.

While it can’t be improved, it can be integrated with clubs to create services. For example, I was able to create a spa of sorts with the club system that could occupy 7 spa guests at once, and handful of VIP guests who slept on the property (like a hotel). I upsold heavily marked up robes for spa entry and that was the cover charge. Sims were forcibly added to the club upon purchase of a robe and would be forced to partake in spa activists until the club ends, like massages, hot tubs, working out, yoga etc.

Similarly, I was able to use the behavior to create a nightclub by selling VIP buckets which gave Sims access to VIP lounges.

The club system is very helpful with retail to create different types of venues (if you manage to get an actual sale).

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#3 Old 25th May 2020 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
It can’t really be improved - it’s honestly a very bad system and EA should update it, but they won’t.

Reason I gave up on the retail side of things long ago, considering for true success you must be there everyday, and the amount of time it takes just restock a single item, even longer if you try to order an employee to do it.
Scholar
#4 Old 25th May 2020 at 1:59 PM
Maybe you'd like LittleMsSam's Live-in Store better?
it works very differently to the retail stores, but you might like it
just read the description for it (only the general section + the Live-in Store one) to make sure you understand how it works
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...t-traits-to-the
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th May 2020 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

While it can’t be improved, it can be integrated with clubs to create services. For example, I was able to create a spa of sorts with the club system that could occupy 7 spa guests at once, and handful of VIP guests who slept on the property (like a hotel). I upsold heavily marked up robes for spa entry and that was the cover charge. Sims were forcibly added to the club upon purchase of a robe and would be forced to partake in spa activists until the club ends, like massages, hot tubs, working out, yoga etc.

Similarly, I was able to use the behavior to create a nightclub by selling VIP buckets which gave Sims access to VIP lounges.

The club system is very helpful with retail to create different types of venues (if you manage to get an actual sale).

Sounds a great idea, I'm guessing this means your sim owned the lot as a retail store but operated as a spa/nightclub?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th May 2020 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Maybe you'd like LittleMsSam's Live-in Store better?
it works very differently to the retail stores, but you might like it
just read the description for it (only the general section + the Live-in Store one) to make sure you understand how it works
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...t-traits-to-the

Great, I'm going to check into this as it may be the best option for me. Thanks :-)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th May 2020 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tisha_GB
Sounds a great idea, I'm guessing this means your sim owned the lot as a retail store but operated as a spa/nightclub?

Sorry for the late reply, but that is correct.

Interactions aren’t sold to Sims like in TS2 (with massages or drinks), so they have to buy something. It really is terrible, but having Sims walk around in robe at your spa is nice.

Also, I recommend getting mods to increase club size or purchase speed, because it’s very slow simulating any other kind of business.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~