Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 3038 (Who?), Viewed: 347784 times.
Page 122 of 122
Test Subject
#3026 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 8:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeninja
Somewhat late here, but if you've not already found a book-writing item, I recommend MogHughson's manuscript. There's also a ton of recolours for it available here.

Thank you! No I hadn't, it's perfect!
Test Subject
#3027 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 12:20 PM
I feel like something is wrong with my Emperor families or I'm just having really really bad luck. Most of them just keep getting girls! Emperors can stop having kids when they have at least 2 boys and most of my Emperor families have 7-8 kids because of that. Also, I have way more women in the game than men. Right now I have 182 sims in 27 households and it's taking forever :D
Lab Assistant
#3028 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 4:10 PM
@iireke7, wow! That's impressive. I have 77 sims in 16 households so far. I think it's a good idea to get a bigger population before the Dark Ages, keeping the increased death rate in mind. I'm not sure if I'll really be able to kill them off as mercilessly as I pretend I will, though

Generation 5 are toddlers now, otherwise it's been a pretty calm round. I've been having some issues with Romance sims lately and the situation just resulted in a death, hopefully it will be the only one but these people truly hate each other so who knows :P

Find my Test of Time Challenge here: atotblog.wordpress.com
Test Subject
#3029 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 2:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iireke7
I feel like something is wrong with my Emperor families or I'm just having really really bad luck. Most of them just keep getting girls! Emperors can stop having kids when they have at least 2 boys and most of my Emperor families have 7-8 kids because of that. Also, I have way more women in the game than men. Right now I have 182 sims in 27 households and it's taking forever :D

Is it possible that the gender disparity is actually a case of first born syndrome? Are you randomising the sim generator before you start to play?
Because if not it might just be that your emperor's first born was a girl, and so everytime you restart the game and play that family you get the same girl.

If it's not first born syndrome, the RNG just really doesn't want you to have any male sims :P
Test Subject
#3030 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 7:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flickstar
Is it possible that the gender disparity is actually a case of first born syndrome? Are you randomising the sim generator before you start to play?
Because if not it might just be that your emperor's first born was a girl, and so everytime you restart the game and play that family you get the same girl.

If it's not first born syndrome, the RNG just really doesn't want you to have any male sims :P

I don't even know what that means Do you happen to know how to do it, because it seems I'm still a noob, lol.
Field Researcher
#3031 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 8:09 PM
ok i started with 5 families and used behind the name to give them different backgrounds and names,the most amount of kids one family have is 20 after one week...

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart.
oh and i'm trying to upload a sim...eventually a neighbourhood
Test Subject
#3032 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald1234
ok i started with 5 families and used behind the name to give them different backgrounds and names,the most amount of kids one family have is 20 after one week...

How did you manage that :O ? Do you have a fast pregnancy mod or someting?
Test Subject
#3033 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 11:01 AM Last edited by Flickstar : 11th Nov 2017 at 10:52 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iireke7
I don't even know what that means Do you happen to know how to do it, because it seems I'm still a noob, lol.

There are two ways to do it. First is you can go into Create-A-Sim and press the random button a few times (a different number each time, otherwise you get the same problem)
Or you can get the batbox here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...topic,72.0.html (its an object you put on lots) and it has an option that says "RANDOMISE SIM GENERATOR"

To make sure you dont get first born syndrome you have to do one of these every time you launch the game.
It happens because the random number generator for creating sims is flawed, and it gives you the same values every time you restart the game. By doing one of these it gives you a new random number to start with

Example: If a couple has a baby and the RNG is on number 1 you get a baby generated by that number, then the next baby you have during that play session is number 2, so it is generated by number 2, then if another couple has a baby that baby is generated from number 3, and so on until you quit the game
The next time you play the generator resets, you're back to number 1, so if you play the same family, and the same couple has a baby, that baby is again generated from number 1. These children are identical in both looks and personality.
By using the batbox, or making random sims in CAS you move them number along. Say you press random 4 times in CAS, now you're on number 5, so the baby the couple has is generated from number 5, making it a different baby from number 1 (this is why if you do the CAS you have to do it a different number of times every time, because if you did it 4 times every time, you'd get a baby from number 5 every time).

Sorry for going on a bit I hope this makes sense to you though, and it solves your problem! If you're still confused theres a lot of other posts about first born syndrome around.
Field Researcher
#3034 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 8:08 PM
yes i have a one day pregnancy mod and a no social worker mod so the kids basically fended for themselves

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart.
oh and i'm trying to upload a sim...eventually a neighbourhood
Test Subject
#3035 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 10:20 AM
@Flickstar thank you! I tried it and got a boy. No idea if it worked or was just a coincidence, but I'm gonna keep doing it just in case :D

@Emerald1234 That's insane! I also ave the "no social worker" and "triplets and quads" mods, but 1 day pregnancy would make it too crazy for me!

My first gen 6 sims just turned into adults. Can't wait for them to get babies. I currently have 203 sims in 35 households. I will probably have about 15 houses more when I reach the Dark Ages considering how many teens I have at the moment. I'm so looking forward to that already. I started downloading middle ages houses and clothings and all that
Test Subject
#3036 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 11:20 AM Last edited by iireke7 : 13th Nov 2017 at 9:08 PM.
Wow, I just had the weirdest glitch. A sim picked up her baby from the crib and the baby just dissappeared. The baby is gone, also he's not in the sidebar anymore, but is still present in the family tree. I didn't save after the baby was born, so it seems he's gone for good. Anyone else had that happen?

Edited to add: Something is definately going on! In another slave family the woman has given birth to two sets of twins and now quads :O OMG!
Lab Assistant
#3037 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 7:31 PM
@iireke7, oh wow, that sounds concerning! I am not sure how to get the baby back, hopefully there is a way :/

I have some sad news about my own neighborhood... I'm not sure how, but my game decided to reset itself. After troubleshooting it seems like somehow there must be a duplicate of my Sims 2 folder in My Documents, but I can't find the original files anywhere, just empty neighborhoods and downloads folders.

Basically, this means Lucus Augusti is gone. As well as all my downloads. Sigh...

I have downloaded the basics again, and decided to start over. I'm on day two now. My sims looks really different, as I went with another default skin and eye set this time. I'm having fun though

I'm documenting and plan to introduce you to my new sims later on. I'll miss Lucus Augusti a lot, but let's just make the best of it.

Test Subject
#3038 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 8:02 AM
@abcbok Oh no! That's so sad I'd be super pissed! But I'm glad you're trying to be positive about this. If I ever had to start again, I'd do so many things differently. But at the same time I don't want to lose my progress :D
Keep us posted on your new families though, I love hearing about everyones families and adventures

Update on the missing baby: I kept playing and didn't really feel too sad because I have a ton of kids anyway. I had two mre kids after that, then decided to save and go to the neighbourhood and reload the lot and the baby was there, by the mailbox Now it's funny, because he's still a baby, but his youger siblings are already toddlers.
Lab Assistant
#3039 Old Yesterday at 11:10 PM
@iireke7, that's good news about the baby! Hopefully he'll be alright

I have played the first five days now and updated the blog about it I'm doing things a bit differently, so far I'm having a lot of fun! I'm going for technology discoveries, different for each family to get them more unique and maybe get some culture in there. Still playing one day turns so a lot of things happening the first round only, let's see what state my sims manage to get through the Stone Age in

Page 122 of 122