Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 8:38 PM
Default What more Torrox stuff would you like?
It's almost become a yearly recurring summer holiday activity for me - making new stuff for my Torrox sets. This year, I've been churning out furniture - for living, dining, etc - until I ran out of ideas. I haven't uploaded anything yes, and I still have a number of small details to tweak upload, so it will still be a little while before you get the new stuff.

But in the meantime I thought there might be people here with suggestions as to what kind of items could be handy or useful to have in the Torrox designs - be it the wood, the metal, the plaster or the fabrics. And since the summer isn't over yet, there is a chance that I could still add a few things to the sets I'm currently working on.

So if any of you have ideas or requests for Torrox stuff (Build and Buy Mode), do post them here. That way I can use your input as futher inspiration - meaning that I will definitely take your suggestions seriously, but there is no actual guarantee that I make any- or everything that is suggested.

If you want to get an overview of what Torrox items already exist, go and have a look at my profile. It's all there. Otherwise, here is a short list:
* Windows, doors and archways
* Shutters, grilles, balconies and other door/window accessories
* Walls and floors
* Staircases
* Gates, fences and borders
* Wall cut-outs
* Columns
* Toilet, dorm, hotel and apartment doors
* Counters and shelving
* Appliances
* Plumbing

And then there's the stuff that I'm working on getting ready for upload in the not too distant future:

Torrox Dining

Dining chair, 4 dining tables (1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 2x2), modular dining table and sideboard (not all shown)

Torrox Bedroom

Single and double bed, nightstand, chest of drawers, single and double dresser, bench, single and double mirror, standing mirror, vanity (not all shown)

Torrox Living

Sofa, loveseat, armchair, ottoman, lounger, small and large coffeetable (not all shown)

Torrox Study

Desk, chair, 3 large bookcases, 2 small bookcases, 1 overhead unit, easel (not all shown)

That's it so far. Let me know what you think is missing from the collection so far.
Screenshots

Moune's Neighbourhood
If you need a cool place for your sims to chill out.
Advertisement
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 11:15 AM
First let me say I'm a fan of your work. Your sets are probably the first build sets i ever downloaded from here
Next if you ran out of ideas - just look at Maxis Stuff - every room/section etc until you find that something is missing in your sets(which is probably impossible).
I'm not seeing any nursery and probably you can work on some musical instruments to fit the theme?
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 11:27 AM
Children's and teens bedroom set, with toys/activities as well

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 11:40 AM
Do you want ideas for decorative objects? Because plants, rugs and curtains would be awesome. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a plant-rug-curtainaholic. Ok. Yes, yes I am. But a girl can hope, right?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 8:30 PM
Nursery and children's stuff! Of course. How could I have missed that? I'll definitely add that to the collection. Thank you very much for that suggestion. (And for the kind Words, Lidiqnata )

And for you, MLC, I'll certainly also let the idea of deco objects bubble in the back of my mind. Do you have anything particular in mind - styles, textures, colours, etc.?

Moune's Neighbourhood
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 10:41 PM
I adore everything you do Moune!!! So anything you make is always a MUST download for me
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 11:16 PM
When it comes to plants, rugs and curtains almost anything goes! Since you asked though, lol: wicker and rattan, anything gingham or checked, Maxis match woods OR things that match the Maxis woods (if you understand that! Oh, like the wicker- to match the colors of the wood, not the actual texture.); tropical looking plants (who am I kidding! any plants!!); nothing too crazy for actual colors or patterns; curtains that can be layered over sheer panels or any curtains like the cafe curtain (Nengi's kitchen curtain, Leesesters bottom half of the cafe curtain) are always awesome, too.

None of that is set in stone though. I'm a lot easier to please than that list makes it sound! Thank you for even thinking about deco objects! <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 11:56 AM
Thank you, Cheeky. That's really sweet of you to say.

Okay, MLC, ideas are beginning to form in my head - at least about the curtains. I'm thinking something simple a little like the right-side curtain below. Black metal rod more rustic than the shown. Plain cotton fabrics - possibly a recolor or two with a border - that could be checkered or gingham. And then in sizes that fit the Torrox Windows. It should be possible to make so it meets your ideas and fits a Spanish/Southwestern theme at the same time.

As for plants, well, you know I love doing tropical, so that will probably be a hoot. I'd completely forgotten how fun it is to make deco objects, and I'm really glad you've put these ideas into my head.

I think, I'll finish and upload the furniture sets first - including the nursery - and then delve into the deco stuff.

Incidentially, would anybody use OfB shelving in Torrox style?

Screenshots

Moune's Neighbourhood
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#9 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 11:59 AM
Love those pics, moune. OFB shelving would be great idea.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#10 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 12:39 PM
Sounds awesome, Moune. All of it. *is excited* :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 12:45 PM
Well, the only problem now is that I can't seem to concentrate on cribs and changing tables, because I have my head full of plants and curtains.

Maybe I should just leave a word over at BPS, too. They're usually really good at coming up with ideas for stuff, I'd never have thought about myself. I might end up with enough stuff to do all the way to Christmas.

Moune's Neighbourhood
Scholar
#12 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 2:58 AM
I would be interested in Torrox bodega stuff. Ofb shleves and commercial counters, a set of signs of different types, benches, maybe a produce bin. with this, and MogHughson's High Street mod, my apartment buildings would be so cute.

oh, and for the study: a chessboard?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 7:13 PM
Thanks for giving me the link to this thread, Moune999! :-)

I would like to second the request for a produce bin - that would be very handy. A Torrox version of the OFB shelves that allow businesses to sell fresh food would also be great. And I'm very excited to see the deco that you come up with! :-)